The DRR Project Officer is a member of DRR&ER team and primarily responsible for the implementation of the DRR Project in Ca Mau. She/he will assist to ensure that project implementation is consistent with SCI and Members’ programming principles and approaches, draw on good practices and lessons learned, enable children to attain their rights and are compliant with donor regulations.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
1. Program Planning and Implementation
Disaster risk reduction
- Monitor and support the implementation of DRR project in Ca Mau and other DRR projects when requested.
- Provide technical assistance in terms of DRR and ER to partners on approaches and implementation methods consistent with acknowledged good practice to achieve sustainable results.
- Work closely with local partners in project implementation to ensure quality and timely delivery of project activities.
- Support Project Manager in liaise and managing relationships and contracts with key project partners including provincial government agencies and local partners.
- Support Project Manager in Developing project work plans including that of partner organizations.
- Work closely with the team to share information and support the implementation on time.
- Provide direct supervision to Project Assistant and volunteers to ensure the project team works productively in field implementation
- Participate in Country Annual Planning and gather necessary information, as required
- Support project manager in developing Project Detailed Implementation Plan and provide support for partners in developing their respective Detailed Implementation Plan
- Field test and make recommendations on the quality of SC project materials including training manuals, documentation, and other project materials
- Maintain database, records for case studies, photos, and other data for project planning and documentation
- Coordinate all logistical issues for visits, project activities and other related things
Emergency Preparedness and responses
- Be one of the core members of the Emergency Response team of SCI Vietnam.
- Keep track and manage relief items in the warehouse of each region.
- Be in charge of implementation of disaster preparedness that includes planning activities in country.
- Work with potential partners to get pre-agreement for the cooperation in Emergency Response.
- Follow up the minimum preparedness actions of the country annually.
- Support regional advisors/trainers and line manager, organize trainings for staff on Emergency response and related topics.
- Ready to be deployed in case of emergency response
2. Finance Management and Budget Control
- Work closely with line manager and finance team in overall project budgeting, cash forecast, phasing budgets and expense claim.
- Support project manager in monitoring project budgets and partners’ budgets and financial reports.
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all Save the Children resources in order to keep cost-efficiency of the actions.
- Frequently monitor the budget of each Emergency Response award.
3. Program Development, monitoring, reporting, accountability and learning
- Actively participate and provide input for developing new concept notes/proposals and program strategies.
- Keep self-up-to date with developments in the regional, and national community in regards to DRR&ER and share with team where relevant.
- Ensure the field MEAL, including regular monitoring visits to provinces and the post distribution monitoring, evaluation, learning and accountability across team.
- Maintain the feedback mechanism for all project implementation.
- Initiate the development of case studies and other project materials.
- Support Project Manager in preparing relevant reports (regular internal and donor reports) for submission to program manager for review and compilation.
- Meet with local partners and the project managment board on a regular basis, record minutes, cooperate and collaborate on program design and implementation;
- Contribute to maintain collegial working relationships with all stakeholders through collaboration and cooperation;
- Contribute to ensure effective communication in order that all partners are well informed on program objectives and activities;
- Represent the project in workshops and meetings as requested by Project Manager; and
- Actively collaborate with sectoral colleagues in SCI Vietnam to promote shared directions, exchange best practices, and provide assistance.
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience, including adjustment on job description.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
Closing Date for Application: 02 February 2020
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Location: Ho Chi Minh
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Mar 1, 2020
More Information and Application Details
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
All the latest news in Vietnam
Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất