MSD – UNITED WAY VIETNAM RECRUITS SDGs PROGRAM INTERN
Job title: SDGs Program Intern
Expected time to start: Beginning of August 2022
Venue: Hanoi, Vietnam
Management and Sustainable Development Institute (MSD) is a Vietnamese Non-governmental Organization established on March 05, 2008. In 2021, MSD officially became United Way Vietnam – a member of United Way Worldwide, the largest global network of non-profit organizations.
Vision: We envision a world of justice and equality, where all individuals and their families can achieve their human potential through good education, financial stability, and healthy lives.
Mission: MSD – United Way Vietnam is taking efforts to improve sustainable lives by mobilizing the caring power to the united partnership of an ecosystem for sustainable development.
Core values and principles:
- · Live United
- · Equitable Partnership
- · Inclusion and People Empowerment
- · Good Governance, Transparency, and Accountability
- · Innovation and Inspiration
Slogan: Live United – Creating trends, leading changes
- · Mobilization: Mobilizing caring power, investment, and good practice for social impact.
- · Solution: Providing the stop, comprehensive and effective solution services to improve sustainable lives in (1) Education for Development; (2) Income Mobility; and (3) Environmental Health.
- · Development: Advocating for enabling environment/ecosystem for sustainable development.
B. ASSIGNMENT REQUESTS
1. Assignment purpose: The SDGs Program Intern will support his/her direct supervisor and the team to manage and execute MSD’s program/project activities.
2. Working location: Mainly in Hanoi
3. Assigned manager and technical supporter: Directly report to and be supported/coached by the SDGs Program Officer, and/or Program Director.
4. Supervision: Volunteers
5. Main responsibilities:
· Assisting with project management tasks: Providing assistance to projects/programs of MSD throughout project/program management cycle (designing and developing plan, coordinating the implementation, monitoring and evaluation). The main assigned projects for this position in 2022 are but not limited to:
- Leave No One Behind Partnership (LNOB Vietnam): Supporting the LNOB’s Secretariat to implement the Partnership's activities focused on SDGs and promoting the citizen-generated data project (For further information on LNOB Vietnam, access https://msdvietnam.org/lnob-viet-nam/);
- Shinhan Square Bridge Program: Assisting the SDGs Program Officer in coordinating the start-ups and partner CSOs in creating social impacts for marginalized people in Vietnam, and supporting other execution activities (For further information on the Shinhan Square Bridge program, access https://livinglabvietnam.org/vi/home-page/);
- SDGs Research: Assisting in conducting data analysis and relevant researches focused on SDGs, Responsible Business, Philanthropy, etc.
· Coordinating the Youth Leader network of MSD;
· Supporting event organization and communication tasks at MSD in general;
· Documenting the projects and meetings, and providing updates/communication for projects in charge.
6. Work plan: Workplan of MSD strategy
- Working in the professional, healthy and dynamic environment of MSD;
- Learning opportunities with other MSD managers, leaders and experts;
- National and international learning or workshop participation opportunities in related topics;
- Monthly allowance: 2,000,000 VND/month.
C. QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Graduated or final year of bachelor studies, in social science, management, communication, social works or related fields;
- Experience with research activities and data analysis is preferred;
- High command of communication and presentation skills in both Vietnamese and English;
- Strategic thinking and analysis;
- Strong MS Office proficiency;
- Ability to work independently and professionally; good team work skills;
- High commitment with work. Being able to commit from 4 to 6 months.
Interested candidates can send inquiries or application (including CV and Cover Letter) to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: SDGI 2022_Name of Applicant (e.g: SDGI 2022_Nguyen Van A) as soon as possible before 23:00, 31/7/2022. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We will give priority to early application and will finish the recruitment when finding the suitable candidate.
For more information: https://msdvietnam.org/recruitsdgsintern/
31/08/2022FIT & IRD VN