SNV is a mission-driven global development partner working in more than 20 countries across Africa and Asia. Building on 60 years of experience and grounded in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, we work on the core themes of gender equality and social inclusion, climate adaptation and mitigation, and strong institutions and effective governance.
Together with our team of over 1,600 people, our mission is to strengthen capacities and catalyse partnerships that transform the agri-food, energy, and water systems, which enable sustainable and more equitable lives for all.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org .
SNV has been present in the country for well over 25 years, working in all three sectors. SNV in Vietnam implemented projects in the Agrifood, Water and the Energy sector; most prominently. Over the past 20 years, the Energy sector focussed most prominently on establishing a viable biodigester sector, but also included work on clean cook stoves, biomass-energy research and solar.
SNV in Vietnam’s Energy Sector current projects include an innovative biogas – ESCO pilot (BeCA, running up to 2024) and the implementation of a country-wide and carbon-financed biodigester sector support project (BioLive, implementation up to 2026 with the monitoring component up to 2031), both to which SNV is the lead implementer. Furthermore, SNV in Vietnam is involved as consortium partner in two country-wide initiatives to support Vietnam’s transition to a green economy (EVSETF, up to 2026 and IKI-SHIFT up to 2028).
In view of Vietnam’s considerable investment in the transition towards a green economy, it’s fair to expect that SNV’s Business Development efforts will result in additional work in the areas of green transition and waste to energy. SNV in Vietnam’s Renewable Energy sector is expected to grow to approximately 15 experts over the coming years.
Overview of the position
The Sector Leader Energy is part of Vietnam management and in that capacity a member of the Country Management Team. The Sector Leader Energy leads the Energy sector at a national level and represents SNV on this country level in contacts with external stakeholders.
The Sector Leader Energy steers the sector’s programme development and quality of practice at the country level, in line with the global sector strategy and in consultation with the Global Sector Team and the Country Management team. The Sector Leader Energy oversees the Project Managers in the sector for their implementations to be in line with the global sector agreements and improve the quality of the overall sector performance at the country level.
The Sector Leader Energy in Vietnam will take Programme Management responsibility for the BioLive project mentioned above.
The Sector Leader Energy will work closely together with colleagues from the other sectors of SNV in Vietnam. Intimate knowledge of both the Agrifood and the Water sector activities in Vietnam will be required given the close alignment of investments and projects across the three sectors in the climate space and in the Mekong Delta region. The nature of the portfolio will require regular traveling throughout the country.
- Strategic Leadership: develop the country-level Energy sector strategy aligned with the corporate Energy sector strategic frameworks;
- People Management: lead, manage, and coach Vietnam’s team of Energy Project Managers and Advisors, local service providers and consultants;
- Representation & Promotion: develop and maintain relationships with sector stakeholders to enhance SNV’s market position and actively participate in external and internal networks;
- Business Development: seek opportunities, develop project concept notes and proposals (country and multi-country programs) and secure funding for future energy projects;
- Country Office Management: Contribute to SNV in Vietnam country management as a member of the Country Management Team.
- Project Cycle Management:
- Ensure the project work plan is implemented, per the SNV project management procedures, accounting principles and donor requirements.
- Formulate and implement Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) plan; ensure data collection and management, risk monitoring and reporting.
- Manage administrative, finance and procurement aspects of projects per SNV’s Contract Management & Project Accounting requirements.
- Knowledge, documentation and communication
- Ensure full synthesis, analysis and documentation and sharing of project insights and results.
- Participate in knowledge and learning events and take advantage of best practices and lessons learnt in the region and globally; create a culture of knowledge sharing and learning in the project.
- Promote the identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learnt from the project for organisational sharing and learning and external information.
- Network and Relationship building
- Build and maintain effective relationships with the government and local authorities, other programme countries, external partners, and donors.
- Ensure that the critical sector functions (marketing, quality assurance, training, extension) are sustainably embedded in national policy and practice.
- Capacity Building:
- Render technical assistance to the field staff and help them solve problems.
- Support to enhance core competencies of staff and stakeholders for required works, including leadership development, action planning, program development and implementation, evaluation, social marketing, and fundraising.
- Know how: Solid sector background and proven track record in development work in the sector. Able to act as leader in the sector on a national level, capable to steer diversified activities in terms of conceptualisation (strategizing the sector approach at country level), advisory support and innovation. Has managerial experience with professional teams, integrating and steering different processes at national sector level.
- Complexity: Positions designs and acts within the global sector strategy leading the translation to the country level. Fully comprehends national sectoral products and innovation areas.
- Supervision: Able to work independent to runs and steer the sector products (development and way of implementation) nationally.
- Impact: Direct impact on the quality and performance of sector implementation and national sector coherence. As a member of Country Management Team and advisor to the Country Director and has a contributory impact on the country performance.
- Innovation: Explores new engagement areas including livestock wastewater treatment systems, Waste to Energy approaches for solid waste management and RE/EE innovations for SMEs.
Requirements and competencies
- Basic requirements: Relevant advanced academic qualification in Energy, Agriculture, Environment, International Development, Project Management, MBA or related field;
- Experience: 5 years of progressive responsible work experience in programme design and implementation as well as policy advice and development. Experience in proposal formulation and business development.
- Entrepreneurship: The ability to recognise opportunities for new services and products and act accordingly, taking measured risks into account
- Conceptual thinking: Having and gaining insight into situations, problems and processes. Deconstructing problems and systematically investigating the various components. Having a complete picture of the context and overview of the whole problem.
- Leadership: The ability to provide direction and guidance to a group of people and to encourage cooperation between team members in order to attain an objective.
- Result orientation: The ability to take direct action in order to attain or exceed objectives.
- Focus on quality: Setting high quality standards and striving for continuous improvement and quality assurance
Contract Type: International
Contract Duration: Two-year, with strong possibility of extension
Expected Start Date: July 01-2023
Duty Station: Hanoi, Vietnam
Travel to Projects: Approximately 25%
How to Apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the above profile, we invite you to apply by submitting your CV with a cover letter until 11th of April. THIS LINK
We will require that you provide us with full details of two people who are willing to act as a referee. We will not contact these referees without your explicit permission.
All information will be in the strictest confidence. We will revert to you as soon as feasible when we have reviewed your application.
Should SNV wish to proceed with your application, two interviews with the Selection Committee will take place.
Working at SNV
SNV offers a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal and global network of experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
SNV is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
Việc làm tại các tổ chức phi chính phủ - NGO Recruitment
- Website: https://ngorecruitment.org/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ngorecruitment_vn
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ngorecruitment
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VieclamPhichinhphu
- Youtube: http://bit.ly/Youtube_NGORecruitment
Monitoring Young Professional (USAID Learns)Social Impact/USAID Learns
Social Scientist cum Community Engagement Coordinator (OUCRU)OUCRU
Admin Intern (GIZ)GIZ
National Intern (GIZ)GIZ
Learning, Communications, and Business Development Officer - HIV, TB, and Viral Hepatitis (PATH)PATH
Human Resources and Operations Officer (AOP)Action on Poverty (AOP)
Project Officer - Public-Private Mix (FIT)FIT
Vietnam Stray Animal Care Programmes Officer (FOUR PAWS)FOUR PAWS
All year round
Nhân viên Kỹ thuật - IT (FOUR PAWS)Four Paws Viet
Finance Intern (CRS)Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
SDGs Intern (MSD)MSD
Associate/Senior Associate (IIX)IIX
Community Officer/Accountant (Live&Learn)Live&Learn
Nhân viên dự án (World Share)TỔ CHỨC WORLD SHARE CORPORATION
Consultant (SNV)SNV Netherlands Development Organization
Communication Executive & Researcher (Inno Community Development Organisation)Inno Community Development Organization
Executive Assistant / Translator (Consulate-General of the Republic of Singapore in Ho Chi Minh City)Consulate-General of the Republic of Singapore
Admin & Logistics Volunteer (CARE International in Vietnam)CARE International in Vietnam (CVN)
All year round