- Announcement Number: HANOI-2020-12
- Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
- Position Title: Security Investigator - All Interested Applicants
- Open Period: 02/21/2020 - 03/13/2020 (Format MM/DD/YYYY)
- Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
- Series/Grade: LE - 0705 8
- Salary: USD $15,396
- Work Schedule: Full-time - Mon through Fri 40 hours/week
- Promotion Potential: LE-8
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM - FS is FP-6. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
- Open to: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Appointment Type Permanent
- Appointment Type Details:
- Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- Summary: The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time 40 hours per week
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within 90 days of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidate may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Occasional Travel
Incumbent of this position will be expected to travel occasionally.
Incumbent of this position will work in the Regional Security Offer (RSO), the Foreign Service National Investigator (FSNI) will conduct security investigations and maintain liaison with local police and other security and law enforcement officials. The incumbent will assist the RSO team in coordinating protection for post personnel and visiting U.S. government officials, obtaining and reporting on information concerning potential security threats to post personnel, facilities, or information.
***Qualifications and Evaluations Requirements:
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three (3) years of experience in law enforcement, military, private security, or investigation is required.
- JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have:
Good working knowledge of the local and regional judicial system including criminal laws and procedures, and laws regarding marriage divorce, adoption and military service.
Detailed knowledge of investigative techniques and security databases.
- A minimum of two (2) years University Studies is required.
Level 3 (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have:
- A valid motorbike driver's license.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to conduct investigations with utmost discretion.
- Ability to draft correspondence and reports in English; and skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook applications.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
-Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. is attached to this announcement.
Thank you for your interest in working for the Embassy of the United States of America in Vietnam. To apply, please visit our ERA site
Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA)
All applications must be submitted through ERA to be considered.
More Information and Application Details
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
All the latest news in Vietnam
Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất