Job no: 533530
Position type: Fixed Term Appointment
Location: United States
School/Unit: Public Partnerships Division
Department/Office: Government Partnerships
Categories: Alliances and Resource Mobilization, Communication / External Relations, Private Fundraising and Partnerships, P-5, UN and Multilateral Affairs
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, hope . . .
The Public Partnerships Division (PPD) works to strengthen UNICEF’s position as a partner of choice for children’s rights among governments and inter-governmental actors around the world. The Division is doing this by positioning children’s rights in the intergovernmental and multilateral fora and engaging with governments and public institutions as resource, policy and programme partners. A key premise for PPD is that the engagement with countries should be holistic based on multiple aspects of partnerships, including policy advocacy and resource mobilization.
The Senior Advisor leads the team in their area of responsibility and works closely with senior officials to maintain and strengthen the partnership between UNICEF and its government partners.
How can you make a difference?
Under the general guidance and direction of the Director and relevant Deputy Director, PPD, the post is responsible for developing and managing the implementation of strategies to mobilize political, policy and financial support for children amongst public sector partners (primarily Governments) with and in support of the African and Middle Eastern/North African Group of countries and providing expert advice and support to UNICEF senior management in their engagement with these partners.
- Develop and manage advocacy and fundraising strategies and workplans for assigned partners to mobilize support for UNICEF’s priorities and major initiatives and coordinate public messaging with partners to enhance collaboration.
- Contribute to the engagement of International Financial Institutions (IFIs) in coordination with the IFI teams to help shape loans and investment packages made to IFI member African and Middle Eastern/North African countries, to include technical support and implementation by UNICEF country offices.
- Collaborate with UNICEF’s public and private divisions in the development of significant Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) including innovative finance mechanisms focused on African and Middle Eastern/North African countries.
- Implement and manage advocacy and fundraising activities; identify all possible sources of new ands. continued funding; monitor and evaluate existing fundraising channels to ensure achievement of UNICEF fundraising goals to meet the objectives and financial targets of the Strategic Plan.
- Monitor global trends in development cooperation and international assistance; monitor partners’ policies, budgets, systems and procedures and revise UNICEF advocacy and fundraising strategies and activities as required; produce regular income projections for assigned partners as required; take appropriate action and/or advise UNICEF senior management on recommended action with partners to maintain and increase support for children and UNICEF’s resource base.
- Establish and maintain high level contacts with senior officials of missions to the UN and departments of assigned donor governments, inter-governmental funds and international financial institutions responsible for support to and relations with UNICEF.
- Prepare comprehensive and substantive briefs, reports, statistics, income projections and requirements for Executive Director’s and Deputy Executive Directors’ meetings with ministers, senior partner officials, senior parliamentarians, members of cabinet or heads of major institutions.
- Negotiate terms of agreements of funding consistent with UNICEF’s mandate, business model and Rules and Regulations in coordination with UNICEF’s Legal Advisor, HQ Divisions Regional and Country Offices.
- Develop policy papers and guidelines to enhance advocacy and fundraising efforts and initiatives for assigned partners for consideration by PPD’s Director and/or senior management.
- Guide and support Country and Regional Offices to prepare and package programme proposals for assigned partners, advise them of strategic partnership and fund-raising opportunities and on their relations with assigned donors in the field.
- Serve as focal point for UNICEF relations with assigned partners, negotiating agreements, funding support and feedback, as well as arranging meetings for advocacy and fund-raising purposes with assigned partners and assigned thematic area(s).
- Attend relevant meetings of UN system and assigned partners, to present and promote UNICEF’s goals priority initiatives and resource requirements.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in one of the following fields is required: Political Science, International Relations, Economics, Business Administration, or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of ten (10) of relevant professional experience is required at national and international levels in the areas of social and economic development and cooperation.
- Experience in advocacy and fundraising in a partner government or international organization is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and working experience in Africa and MENA region as well as experience in public private partnerships are assets.
- A strong network of contacts within assigned partner governments and UN Missions and United Nations Organizations.
- In depth knowledge of decision-making processes in partner governments.
- In depth experience with UN process, intergovernmental and member state negotiations.
- As per External freeze guidance note, preference will be given to staff who can be laterally reassigned or are internal candidates in Talent Group (TG).
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge and fluency of Arabic language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The core competencies required for this post are…
Working with People [III]
Drive for Result [III]
Deciding and Initiating Actions [III]
Leading and Supervising [III]
Relating and Networking [III]
Persuading and Influencing [III]
Formulating Strategies & Concepts [III]
Entrepreneurial Thinking [III]
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: Nov 05 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Application close: Nov 30 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Application link: https://jobs.unicef.org/mob/cw/en-us/job/533530
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/12/2020Department of Political Affairs and Peace-building (DPPA)
25/01/2021Human Rights Watch
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
15/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng ( CECR )
Consultancy Services on Sand and Gravel Extraction/Management Policies, Regulations and Practices in other International River BasinsWWF
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year round