SENIOR ADVISOR CUM PROJECT MANAGER SNV-VIETNAM ENERGY SECTORBACKGROUND AND RETIONALE
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation (SNV) is a non-profit, international development organisation founded 53 years ago, and now operating in 28 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors use their expertise in three sectors – Agriculture, Renewable Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – as well as the cross-cutting topics of gender, climate change and youth employment to contribute to solving some of the leading problems facing the world today. We work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV has been working in Vietnam since 1995, and currently has over 30 national and international staff. SNV Vietnam operates from a head office in Hanoi and projects in over 50 provinces in the country, including in the poorest and most remote areas.
SNV Vietnam implements Renewable Energy projects across Vietnam, most notably:
- The “Bio-energy for Circular Agriculture” (BeCA) project on the “Business Partnership Platform” (BPP) programme funded by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
- This project supports commercial enterprises in their business of converting biogas generated on livestock farms into electricity for on-site use. The BeCA project will apply the ESCO model to promote on-site electricity production and will apply innovative carbon financing to support the required investments. Further work foreseen in this initiative may include enhanced wastewater treatment and bioslurry processing to prepare farms for future requirements.
- The “Biodigesters for a Low Carbon Livestock Sector in Vietnam” (BioLive), a public-private partnership project in selected provinces in Vietnam involving local smallholder farmers and Biodigester Enterprises.
- This project supports the installation and use of biodigesters on small livestock farms for access to clean cooking energy and organic fertilizer, reduction of GHG emissions and support the establishment of a robust commercial market for biodigester services.
- The “Shifting Investment Flows Towards Green Transformation” (SHIFT) project financed by under IKI and lead by GIZ.
- In this project SNV, as a consortium partner, will be responsible for innovation and communication
We are seeking an experienced colleague to provide overall management and advisory support to our projects.
- Supporting management of all human, physical and financial resources allocated to the project;
- Monitor and guide the project implementation team to ensure that all project activities are carried out in an appropriate and timely manner;
- Lead the preparation of semi-annual, annual reports, project completion report and other ad-hoc reports for donors and SNV’s internal monitoring.
Technical Leadership and Advise
- Provide technical leadership and advise on market research and development in relation to SNV’s projects on Renewable Energy, Circular Economy, Green Transition and Carbon Emissions
- Stay abreast of national and local developments, policies and regulations in these fields;
- Work closely with technical staff of SNV and project partners to implement and coordinate activities in the field.
- Contribute to the development and refinement of SNV’s technical approaches, products and tools in relevant fields e.g. inclusive value chains, gender, climate change etc.
Develop and maintain effective partnerships for implementation with a complex range of stakeholders, including public and private sector, local government, development partners and communities and in particular:
- Liaise and network with leading edge national and international technology providers (supply side actors) on biodigesters, electricity generation, wastewater treatment and bioslurry processing systems;
- Liaise and network with individual and corporate livestock farm owners (demand side) on sector trends and developments;
- Liaise and network with national and provincial authorities and financial institutions on issues pertaining to sustainable production and investment finance;
- Foster supply – demand – enabling environment relations and services;
Other tasks as required by the incumbent include but are not limited to support the team in exploration and design of SNV- business development in the RE sector.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree or equal proficiency level in environmental engineering, environmental management, agriculture, rural development or similar fields;
- At least 5 years’ experience working in environmental engineering in agricultural value chains
- At least 3 years’ experience managing complex implementation;
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of carbon markets is highly desirable;
- Specific working knowledge and professional experience of (industrial scale) anaerobic digestion, wastewater treatment and/or organic fertilizer production will be highly desirable;
- Specific working knowledge and professional experience of livestock production will be a distinct advantage;
- Deep knowledge of project management, coordination procedures, administrative systems, M&E systems and finance processes
- Proven ability to manage project budgets and ensure timely delivery of outcomes and reporting
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills, particularly with donor and national government counterparts
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team spirit towards work
- Excellent communication skills in English and Vietnamese, both spoken and written
- Excellent computer literacy
1 year with the potential for renewal
SNV National Staff Contract
DESIRED START DATE
Expected to start on 1st September 2022
Hanoi with frequent travel to multiple provinces
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application via Senior Advisor cum Project Manager - ENERGY SECTOR before 26th July 2022 if you wish to be considered for this position. All information will be in the strictest confidence. We will revert to you as soon as feasible when we have reviewed your application.
For more information, please refer to our website: www.snv.org/country/vietnam
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.
31/08/2022FIT & IRD VN