Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the– Senior Advocacy Advisor at New York Save the Children office location.
The role holder will advocate and communicate for policy change in the United Nations New York, on Save the Children’s 2030 priority issues relating to child survival, child protection, child rights in Humanatrain and development contexts.
This role will also lead the coordinate for Save the Children’s engagement with High-Level Political (HLPF) Forum and support Save the Children’s annual engagement in the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).
This role will be based in Save the Children’s Advocacy Office at United Nations Headquarters, New York.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 5 years’ experience in of policy influencing with policy maker.
- Proven tack recodes of influence with the United Nations and multi-lateral systems
- A proven ability to build networks with diverse partners in pursuit of common goals
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, to analyze complex information and offer creative, practical and effective solutions.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, including an ability to deal with people at all levels with credibility, tact, and diplomacy.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and an ability to distil large amounts of information for a variety of audiences.
- Background in one of Save the Children’s priority issues - children in humanitarian and emergency settings, child survival, child protection, child rights, education, legal and rights frameworks
- Ability to travel within the US and internationally
- Results oriented, with experience in developing and monitoring performance
- An ability to work flexibly in a team, and to adjust work plan and priorities rapidly in response to external opportunities
- Experience of working in developing countries would be an advantage
Knowledge of a second language would be an advantage
We can offer circa $ 80,000 per annum if based in the USA with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the USA, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in New York, Save the children Advocacy office location, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from USA.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
03/10/2021British Embassy Hanoi
Mid-level Training Consultants for Mothers and Aunts to Meet the Asian Program Framework and Trainees' CapabilitiesSOS Vietnam
22/09/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Action to the Community Development Institute (ACDC)
26/09/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy service for Baseline Study of Project "Greening Red Cross and Red Crescent Disaster Risk Reduction: Saving Lives through Working with Nature"American Red Cross
10/10/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
24/09/2021American Red Cross
30/09/2021American Red Cross