WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUND:
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organisation working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has a total income of around US$ 19,000,000 (FY20) with funding from 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 430 staff, of which more than 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
The strategic focuses of WVV include: children protection from all forms of abuse, exploitation, violence and injury; reduction of malnutrition rate of children under 5 through integrated approach; sustainable livelihood for poor households to support sustainable well-being of children.
Currently, World Vision Vietnam is implementing 37 Area Programmes (APs) which operate in 5 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh – Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai – Tuyen Quang), North 3 (Thanh Hoa – Hung Yen – Hai Phong), Central (Quang Tri – Quang Nam – Danang) and South (Quang Ngai – Binh Thuan – DakNong – Ho Chi Minh). WVV’s APs work with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To assist the Zonal Manager (ZM) in providing the overall management of the programs and projects in the Central and South zones to successfully deliver child well-being objectives and Technical Programmes in accordance with WV strategy, policies, systems, procedures and donor requirements. The focus of this role is to support the Zonal Manager in ensuring good technical project models and its progress, effective monitoring & evaluation and program impacts including local level advocacy to the respective Area Programmes in Central and South zones.
1. Strategic Guidance
- Provide strategic support to ZM in implementing Area Programs (APs)
- Review annual plan of actions, semi and annual reports, related Term Of References(TOR) of all APs and submit for approval by ZM.
- Assist ZM in coordinating and support Humanitarian Emergency Affairs (HEA) activities in case of emergency.
- Assist ZM in ensuring the technical standards are effectively adapted in all technical project models being implemented in APs.
- ReviewAP/project level reports and consolidate zonal reports.
- Conduct project monitoring visits and lead project monitoring and participatory reflection processes to ensure alignment to National Office Strategy and achievement of planned objectives as assigned by ZM.
- Assist ZM in facilitating the external cooperation with INGO, businesses who are working in the same province, APs for better integration, leveraging extra resources for child-well being improvement.
2. Programming Support and Quality Assurance
- Assist ZM in regularly monitoring on the implementation of technical project models, ensuring DPA principles embedded, MVC reach and impact, and RC inclusion, internal data quality audit.
- Follow up with all AP managers and zonal technical teams (Nutrition, Child Protection and Livelihood technical program officers) to ensure findings related to compliance, quality of technical models, DME, DPA are addressed.
- In consultation with the zonal technical teams and ZM to give analysis of consolidated AP data for decision making on program progress quality
- Assist ZM in ensuring actions to be taken against the recommendations of the annual review results.
- Assist ZM in following up with TPOs in implementation of provincial POAs
- Assist ZM in coordinating and ensuring zonal quality reflection/ review meetings/events.
- Assist ZM in better targeting MVC and tracking impacts of MVC.
3. Policy Compliance and Capacity Building
- Organize and facilitate training/learning opportunities/events to strengthen management capacity or AP Managers.
- Assist ZM in ensuring compliance of People and Culture (PnC) policies (HR manual).
4. Knowledge management
- Document good practices on technical project models, MVC/RC inclusion and DME of APs to share among APs.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
(The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.)
- Master’s degree in International Development, Business Administration, Strategic Management, Rural Development or equivalent qualifications
Knowledge & Skills
- Thorough understanding of the project management cycles in a complex international development organization
- Ability to lead, facilitate and coordinate multi-cultural teams with an empowering and outcome oriented approach.
- Ability to motivate teams for excellent performance
- Strongly demonstrated knowledge and skill on data collection and analysis
- Demonstrated report writing skill
- High proficiency in written and spoken English
- Good interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to engage at a strategic level with senior government, UN and INGO officials
- Ability to travel to remote and mountanuos project locations
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in managing development programs/projects
- Experience of working with child focused agency
- Experience in program monitoring and evaluation
World Vision Vietnam is a Christian non-government organization. Applicants having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Our contact details are: People and Culture Department -World Vision International – Vietnam Address: 9th floor, the Mercury building, 444 Hoang Hoa Tham, Hanoi,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Ms Fiona Pham) – 024. 39439920 (ext.118)
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender.
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities.
Deadline for application: 28/09/2020Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021Save Vietnam's Wildlife (SVW)
08/02/2021Save the Children
01/02/2021Micro-finance and Community Development Institute
30/01/2021Micro-finance and Community Development Institute
25/01/2021Center for Development and Integration (CDI)
31/01/2021USAID LinkSME Project
25/01/2021Save the Children