Location Preferably Berlin or Paris. Other ECF locations can be considered.
Start date As soon as possible
1. Reason why you should join the European Climate Foundation
- A meaningful mission: At the ECF you’ll do impactful work as part of the global movement to ensure a liveable planet for future generations.
- A diverse team: You’ll bring your own insights and experience to a diverse international team with a wide range of expertise coming together to achieve a common goal.
- A place to learn and grow: A flexible work environment and project-based approach give you the space and variety to innovate, develop and challenge yourself.
Context of the role
The buildings sector is responsible for 40% of final energy demand in Europe and 36% of energy related GHG emissions. The objective of the ECF’s building programme is to accelerate the transition to a zero carbon building stock by reducing energy demand of buildings while decarbonising the heating system, and doing so in a just, equitable and inclusive manner. This will require putting in place policies to phase out poor quality buildings and to power residents’ energy demands from low carbon heat supplies, aligning the interests of a broad set of stakeholders and ensuring well-designed financing mechanisms for the investment needed. We focus on the EU level, national level and local level policies.
A small and committed team, each with his/her own responsibilities and topics, manages the Buildings programme. He/she will report to the Director of the Buildings programme.
3. Key responsibilities
- Research activities & prospecting: scoping the landscape around local and national buildings politics and advocacy, as well as identifying potential new projects & grantees.
- Strategic implementation: supporting the ECF Country and Building programmes in implementing ECF’s strategy and priorities, especially in countries; More broadly, the post holder will contribute on issues related to building renovation, engaging with grantees and partners, monitoring and evaluating progress and impact of initiatives and grants; and acting as a liaison to report regular progress to external partners.
- Networking: building partnerships with key individuals across the policymaking, business and civil society communities in its countries of operation and Europe; convening meetings; representing ECF Buildings programme at meetings and organising follow-up.
- Project management: supporting the Director to monitor strategies and grants, and the delivery of key work stream deliverables through frequent communication with partners, colleagues and funders, ensuring accountability.
- Grantmaking: developing the scope of work for different ECF projects; soliciting proposals from potential partners and commissioning studies from consultants; which will be validated by the director.
- Internal coordination and communication: S/he will liaise with other ECF programmes where appropriate, including the organisation’s operations and communications teams to ensure proper and timely dissemination of information, and consistency and complementarity of different projects and work streams.
Experience and competencies
We are looking for a colleague with the following qualifications:
- Genuine interest in the mission and values of the ECF
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience in a relevant area of policy, preferably related to climate change, (technical) buildings work, and/or finance
- A university degree in a relevant subject
- A good understanding of energy and climate issues, particularly as pertinent to the building sector, as well as the policy implementation challenges
- Results-oriented with a commitment to deliver high quality work, complemented by excellent attention to detail
- An independent self-starter able to work on his/her own as well as part of a team
- Good collaboration and influencing skills
- Excellent command of the English language (both spoken and written), as well as another European language
- Positive attitude and a sense of humour.
For more information and application details, click HERECandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
28/04/2021Fauna & Flora International
30/04/2021Đại sứ quán Hoa Kỳ
16/04/2021Save the Children
20/04/2021GGGI - The Global Green Growth Institute
All year roundGIZ
19/04/2021World Vision International (WVV)