Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the – Senior Audit Specialistat at our London (open to another UK location) Save the Children International office location.
Global Assurance (GA) supports the Boards and leadership teams of several Save the Children entities [including, but not limited to, Save the Children International (SCI), Save the Children Fund (SCUK) and Save the Children Federation Inc (SCUS)] by evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of the governance, risk management, control and oversight systems in place.
The role holder will be required to support GA’s overall strategic aims – at SCI and at SC Member organisations. In particular, however, they will focus on the delivery of GA’s internal audit plan for SCUK [this may broaden in scope to other Member organisations in future years]. They will be expected to confidently and capably act as the lead for, or be part of, a team delivering high quality, outcomes-focussed internal audit assignments, reviews, investigations and other work assigned to them to agreed professional standards and stakeholder expectations, on time and within budget. Where required, they will be expected to work closely with other assurance providers within Save the Children and any external providers such as consultants or professional services firms.
They will be expected to produce high quality, value-adding audit reports in English that are clear, concise, timely and solutions-driven. Leading by example, they will also be expected to maintain strong professional relationships across the organisation, working in real partnership with their team and across the business, ensuring that they keep up-to-date with changes and events that have a significant impact on the risk profile of actual as well as potential assignments. The role holder will also be expected to contribute to the development and implementation of GA’s plans for continuous improvement. Save the Children is seeking a transformational development / humanitarian executive to lead our
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Be a qualified internal auditor (IIA) or accountant;
- Have relevant experience in operational areas of risk to which Save the Children – primarily SCUK – is exposed
- Strong experience of conducting risk-based reviews of systems and processes (with a sound understanding of the three lines of defence model), identifying weaknesses and areas of improvements with minimum supervision and support
- A demonstrable ability to focus on key issues, enabling auditees to focus on crucial matters of control and oversight
- Be highly accurate, detail-orientated, and able to complete multiple projects, with conflicting priorities, on a timely basis
- Have strong experience in producing high quality effective written communication e.g. reports, in English; and have exceptional communication skills and is able to articulate effectively at all levels
- Have strong interpersonal communication and coaching skills including a demonstrable ability to deliver difficult messages with tact and confidence.
- Be willing to undertake limited amount of travel in UK and work remotely with minimum supervision
- Have a strong cultural awareness and be able to work well with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures; and be able to demonstrate standards of ethics and integrity
- Be committed to Save the Children’s values
We can offer circa £42,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
- Experience in auditing within UK Charities Sector and or working within UK fundraising/ marketing compliance and/or UK charities SORP is highly desirable
- INGO experience or have worked in a commercial/public sector international organisation
- Some experience of grant requirements of major donors such as EC/ECHO, DfID and the UN
- Have an aptitude for financial analyses
- Proficiency in another Save the Children’s operating language (Spanish, French, or Arabic)
- Have some experience of Agresso financial software, and/ or of IT audit
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy. Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.