(Senior) Capacity Building Specialist USAID/Vietnam Learns
- Location: Ha Noi
- Contract type: Full-time
About Social Impact
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm that provides monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity-building services to advance development effectiveness. SI works across all development sectors, including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997, SI has worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
About PEAPROS Consulting
PEAPROS, a Hanoi-based Consulting Joint-stock Company established in 2009, is specialized in providing highly customized and relevant consultancy services to a wide range of clients, including government and private organizations and corporates, development projects and programs, international development, and United Nation’s agencies, as well as international and national non-government organizations. For the last 12 years, PEAPROS team has carried out over 100 assignments with more than 50 international and national organizations, and public and private enterprises in Vietnam and Asia. PEAPROS, SI’s local partner, is currently fielding expertise in capacity development, focused on results-based, community-driven, and participatory approaches.
SI is implementing the USAID Learns Contract. The scope of this five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and its implementing partners to implement more efficient, effective, and sustainable programs by (1) improving staff knowledge and skills in Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning & Adapting (CLA); (2) advancing evidence-informed decision-making; (3) strengthening strategic collaboration between staff and local stakeholders.
SI and its partner, PEAPROS, are seeking a full-time (Senior) Capacity Building Specialist who will be responsible for implementing learning activities to USAID Implementing Partners (IPs), USAID staff and selected government partners on a wide variety of Monitoring, Evaluation, Collaboration, Learning and Adaptation skills to strengthen the overall effectiveness of USAID-funded activities in Vietnam. The (Senior) Capacity Building Specialist position will be full-time, based in Hanoi, for the duration of the project and will be supervised by the Learns Capacity Building Director (CB Director).
1. Dojo management support
- Support the CB Director in coordinating the Learning Dojo (a longer-term capacity building program for USAID Implementing Partners), including but not limited to:
- Participant recruitment and selection
- Management of Google Site Roadmaps (based on the first different Dojo tracks)
- Dojo standard operating processes and FAQs update
- Templates for cohort and USAID communications
- Dojo Cross-Track tasks
- Actively support or lead the delivery of Learning Dojo sessions (see below)
2. Training design and delivery
- Lead the design and effective delivery (in close collaboration with other technical teams) of assigned skills & knowledge-building events to develop the capacity of USAID and IP staff in a wide variety of technical areas, including:
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (including DIS, Data quality assurance, Activity MEL Plan, Introduction to USAID…)
- Collaboration & Learning (including co-creation, learning symposiums…)
- Adaptive programming (including behavioral change communications, Theory of Change…)
- Change management and reflecting skills (including Pause & Reflect…)
- Lead the development of assigned training materials and communication materials, including training needs assessment, pre- and post-tests, training plan, presentations, manuals, guidelines, and other documents
- Lead in developing, updating, and adapting new capacity-building, skills transfer, collaboration tools, techniques and approaches, and their application/ adaptation.
- Support the CB Director in refining processes for effective collaboration within CB team and cross team
- Collect and analyze data about CB services for accountability, USAID reporting requirements, internal planning and adaptation and sustainability of its efforts
- Contribute to internal capacity building activities for Learns staff and consultants
- Actively support internal CB team and Learns knowledge management practices and for USAID/Vietnam as a whole
- Other tasks as assigned by the CB Director.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred in training and education (pedagogy), organizational development, social and behavioral sciences, human resources development and project management, or other related disciplines.
Experience - Required
- Design and delivery of capacity building activities (Training course, workshop, coaching, etc..) in different setting (in-person, virtual, hybrid), including planning, implementation, and assessment.
- Adults and/or learner-centered training.
- Coordination/Management of training programs.
- Systematic analysis of training feedback.
Experience - Ideal but not required
- Project management.
- Facilitation of participatory workshops, focus group discussions (FGDs), or other interactive activities.
- Monitoring knowledge or practices (Data collection, analysis, data visualization, etc.)
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with multiple partners in co-designing and co-delivery process
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Ability to develop and co-develop training materials, manuals, and guidelines.
- Ability to learn and adapt new learning, methods and tools.
- Demonstrable proficiency with Microsoft Office application, training online platform & tools (Zoom, Gmeet, Jamboard)
- Familiarity with visualization tools (e.g., Adobe, Figma, Visme, etc.) is an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience related to USAID funded projects is an advantage.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Vietnamese.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play an expert role in the growth of our companies, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
The closing date for application: November 11, 2022. Selection and interview will be performed constantly, and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To apply, please merge both your CV and a cover letter into one pdf file and submit it through the online portal.
- To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
- To learn more about PEAPROS, please visit our website: http://www.peapros.com
**Please note: This is a local position. Only Vietnamese citizens are eligible to apply**
SI is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
05/12/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact
04/12/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact