Announcement Number: HANOI-2021-50 (R)
Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
Position Title: Senior Commercial Specialist - All Interested Applicants
Open Period: 09/22/2021 - 10/13/2021 Format MM/DD/YYYY
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
Series/Grade: LE - 1510 11
Salary: USD $32,908
Work Schedule: Full-time - Mon through Fri 40 hours/week
Promotion Potential: LE-11
Duty Location(s): Hanoi, VM
Telework Eligible: No
For More Info:
- HR Section
- 84-24-3850-5000 ext. 5126
The incumbent will supervise the 2 Commercial Assistants in the office. S/he will serve as the national coordinator for USG financing agencies’ (USDFC, US Exim-Bank, USTDA) activities in country, manage one of the five strategic sectors (energy, aviation, healthcare, ICT/smart cities, supply chains), cover the Select USA portfolio for northern Vietnam.
The incumbent will be responsible for some of the most demanding and critical industrial sectors representing high potential for U.S. exporters and requiring high-level advocacy and addressing complex market access issues.
S/he will serve as the senior professional analyst and advisor to the U.S. staff in planning, organizing and administering programs to facilitate the promotion of U.S. goods and services.
The incumbent will assist U.S. firms by developing and organizing marketing strategies, including conducting market research and reporting, planning trade promotion events, identifying and leveraging trade opportunities, and bringing U.S. and Vietnamese business representatives together in mutually beneficial discussions and ventures.
S/he will analyze market trends and evaluates market research involving relevant industrial sectors, maintain a wide range of business contacts in assigned sectors and with relevant segments of the Government of Vietnam.
The incumbent will advise U.S. and Vietnamese clients on each other's regulations as they affect trade and investment opportunities. S/he will perform research and prepare complex factual and analytical reports on a variety of matters affecting U.S. exports and trade and disseminates them through USDOC systems and the Internet.
The incumbent also will investigate trade complaints made by U.S. firms in assigned sectors and makes recommendations to supervisor for resolution.
In the absence of the Senior Commercial Officer (SCO) and Commercial Officer (CO), incumbent of this position should be able to represent the office at high level inter-agencies’ meetings and functions. He/she will be able to brief the Ambassador and Deputy Chief of Mission (DCM) directly and independently on any issues, whether operations or program/project related during the absence of the SCO and Commercial Officer CO.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: At least 5 years of experience in business, government or NGOs, in the fields of marketing, business development, trade promotion, economics, international trade or similar field. Additionally, 1 year of supervisory experience is required.
- Must be familiar with the host country’s economy, business customs, practices, marketing channels, laws, regulations, and policies related to assigned commercial functions.
- Must have specialized knowledge of assigned industry sectors; working knowledge of programs and goals of other trade-related USG agencies.
A Bachelor’s degree in economics, marketing, international business, international relations, or business administration is required.
- Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
- Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to familiarize with the policies and regulations of the assigned industries, standard guidelines and instructions provided to the U.S. clients, as well as the contacts in the host country.
- Must be able to solve the most complex commercial and trade issues related to marketing strategies and sales of U.S. products; Solve all levels of trade event/trade mission issues (e.g. last minute program changes; making budgets meet, etc.); Communicate with a wide range of contacts from junior staff to senior level government officials and company CEOs; Counsel business clients and hold frequent discussions with industry contacts and CS staff at post and in the U.S.
- Must have ability to express clearly and accurately in a variety of written formats with variety degree of complexity, including emails, memos, letters, presentation materials and market research reports.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
How to apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance.
For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site at https://erajobs.state.gov/dos-era/vacancy/viewVacancyDetail.hms?_ref=mmj6aexnpt0&returnToSearch=true&jnum=27487&orgId=114#howtoapply and https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/
Note: The Embassy Human Resources Office is unable to acknowledge the receipt of your documents due to the high volume of applications received. If you do not receive a notification email from ERA within four weeks of the vacancy announcement’s closing day, it is likely that you did not qualify for the position or did not submit a complete package.
Required Documents:Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- University Degree
- Other Document
03/11/2021STEAM for Vietnam
16/11/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
03/11/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
05/11/2021UNIDO - United Nations Industrial Development Organization
11/11/2021The International Center (IC)
31/10/2021Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
04/11/2021Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
12/11/2021The U.S. Embassy Hanoi
01/11/2021Development and Policies Research Center - DEPOCEN
15/11/2021World Health Organization (WHO)