This newly formed position is the most senior, Locally-Employed Staff (LE Staff) team member for the Commercial Service in Hanoi, and as such the incumbent’s role is the LE Staff leader in the office. In the absence of the Senior Commercial Officer (SCO) and Commercial Officer (CO), incumbent of this position should be able to represent the office at high level inter-agencies’ meetings and functions. He/she will be able to brief the Ambassador and Deputy Chief of Mission (DCM) directly and independently on any issues, whether operations or program/project related during the absence of the SCO and Commercial Officer CO.
The incumbent will supervise the 2 Commercial Assistants in the office. S/he will serve as the national coordinator for USG financing agencies’ (USDFC, US Exim-Bank, USTDA) activities in country, manage one of the five strategic sectors (energy, aviation, healthcare, ICT/smart cities, supply chains), cover the Select USA portfolio for northern Vietnam.
The incumbent will be responsible for some of the most demanding and critical industrial sectors representing high potential for U.S. exporters and requiring high-level advocacy and addressing complex market access issues.
S/he will serve as the senior professional analyst and advisor to the U.S. staff in planning, organizing and administering programs to facilitate the promotion of U.S. goods and services.
The incumbent will assist U.S. firms by developing and organizing marketing strategies, including conducting market research and reporting, planning trade promotion events, identifying and leveraging trade opportunities, and bringing U.S. and Vietnamese business representatives together in mutually beneficial discussions and ventures.
S/he will analyze market trends and evaluates market research involving relevant industrial sectors, maintain a wide range of business contacts in assigned sectors and with relevant segments of the Government of Vietnam.
The incumbent will advise U.S. and Vietnamese clients on each other’s regulations as they affect trade and investment opportunities. S/he will perform research and prepare complex factual and analytical reports on a variety of matters affecting U.S. exports and trade and disseminates them through USDOC systems and the Internet.
The incumbent also will investigate trade complaints made by U.S. firms in assigned sectors and makes recommendations to supervisor for resolution.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EVALUATIONS
EXPERIENCE: At least 5 years of experience in business, government or NGOs, in the fields of marketing, business development, trade promotion, economics, international trade or similar field. Additionally, 1 year of supervisory experience is required.
- Must be familiar with the host country’s economy, business customs, practices, marketing channels, laws, regulations, and policies related to assigned commercial functions.
- Must have specialized knowledge of assigned industry sectors; working knowledge of programs and goals of other trade-related USG agencies.
Education Requirements: A Bachelor’s degree in economics, marketing, international business, international relations, or business administration is required.
- Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
- Fluency in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to familiarize with the policies and regulations of the assigned industries, standard guidelines and instructions provided to the U.S. clients, as well as the contacts in the host country.
- Must be able to solve the most complex commercial and trade issues related to marketing strategies and sales of U.S. products; Solve all levels of trade event/trade mission issues (e.g. last minute program changes; making budgets meet, etc.); Communicate with a wide range of contacts from junior staff to senior level government officials and company CEOs; Counsel business clients and hold frequent discussions with industry contacts and CS staff at post and in the U.S.
- Must have ability to express clearly and accurately in a variety of written formats with variety degree of complexity, including emails, memos, letters, presentation materials and market research reports.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
BENEFITS AND OTHER INFO
- Agency Benefits:
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
1. HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference
2. HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
FOR MORE INFORMATIONS ABOUT THE POSITION AND THE APPLICATION PROCESS, PLEASE CLICK HERECandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/01/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi