Position: Senior Communications Officers
Department: Grant & Communications Team
Location: This post is based in Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam. There will be a requirement to travel within Viet Nam and internationally.
Hours of work: Full time Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week, extra hours may be required.
Tenure: Initially for 1 year, including a 2 month probation period, with possibility of extension
Reporting to: Grants and Communications Manager (Katrina Lawson)
Vacancy reference: JD-0321-007
The Oxford University Clinical Research Unit Vietnam (OUCRU-VN) is a large-scale clinical and public health research unit based in Viet Nam. We are hosted by the Hospital of Tropical Diseases (HTD) in Ho Chi Minh City, and the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases (NHTD) in Hanoi. We also have sister units in Kathmandu and Jakarta.
OUCRU – VN aims to have local, regional and global impact on health by leading a locally drivern research programme on infectious disease in Southeast Asia This is being achieved via an integrated long-term research programme, contributions to training, the scientific literature, national and international meetings and membership of national and international committees.
The OUCRU audience is very diverse. It includes the scientific community in all the countriew wehere we operate
- The senior communications officer will coordinate external and internal communications for the entire OUCRU programme.
- In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications stated below, the ideal candidate for this position will be a comms professional with some experience working in the not-for-profit sector.
- You will be working in a team to implement communcations activities related to the OUCRU programme, under the immediate guidance/mentorship of the Communications Manager.
- Manage and implement the redesign and rebuild of the OUCRU website. The current OUCRU website was built in 2013, and is due for an update. This is a major project, and it is expected that it will take up to 60% of the comms officer’s time in the first year. The comms officer will need to manage the entire project of the website redesign and rebuild including:
- Consultation with key stakeholders across all programme sites
- Creating design brief and engaging web design company
- Selection of CMS and coordination with OUCRU IT
- Coordinating copy writing and editing for all components of new website
- Coordinating translation
- Continued maintenance and management for OUCRU website after go live, including:
- Content management including copywriting and editing
- Managing new page and section requests as required
- Analytics monitoring and reporting
- Management of relationship with technical service provider and OUCRU IT
- Managing OUCRU Social Media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Youtube, including:Managing user permissionsContent management and regular updates on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedInCoordinating requests and approvals for new social media accountsMonitoring social media activity on accounts across the programme to ensure brand compliance, and flagging areas of concern Monitoring and reporting analytic data on all social media accounts
- Ensuring compliance in OUCRU communications with brand guidelines
Creating and maintaining user-friendly templates for presentations, posters etc for use by OUCRU staff
Press and Media Engagement
- Update and maintain OUCRU press database
- Assist with coordination and approval of press releases
- Monitor google alerts and local press for mentions of OUCRU activities and staff
- Assist with promotion of internal events, including branding, poster design, emails
- Assist with coordination of cross-programme events and webinars, to ensure accessibility for all sites
- Assist with coordination of programme wide updates and meetings, including coordination of emails and translations as required
Assist with filming and editing simple videos for internal and external communication
Coordinating translation, captions and branding on YouTube videos
Working with video production companies when required to produce high-quality videos, including:
- Creating production briefs
- Coordiating approvals with key stakeholders
- Managing video production timeline and budget
- Ensuring OUCRU brand compliance
Newsletter (project starts after website build is complete)
Design and produce a monthly newsletter for OUCRU (similar to MORU e-news_ which includes:
- Scientific updates
- Key staffing changes
- Reports from OUCRU programme units
- Reports from OUCRU in the news
- Online seminars and upcoming events
- Publications updates
The comms officer is responsible for collecting, collating and copy-editing news for the monthly update, coordinating approval, and dissemination.
- Experience working as a professional communications officer
- Excellent spoken and written Vietnamese and English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in cross-cultural settings
- Excellent copywriting and editing, including for web and social media in English and in Vietnamese (writing samples will be requested)
- Experience with website and CMS management – including experience either managing or working in a new website build project
- Experience monitoring analytics for website and social media
- Understanding of principles of branding, and able to write a design brief and supervise production process for branded materials including videos
- Highly organized
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy, and yet be a team player
- Willingness to perform other tasks requested by Communications Manager
- Experience working in communications in not-for-profit and/or health related sector
- Existing personal networks with media and experience managing press releases in Vietnam
- Moderate ability with Photoshop or similar, and desktop publishing.
- Photography, video and video editing skills
- Contracted salary: Negotiable (depending on actual experience and education).
- Optional insurance: In-patient and out-patient medical coverage; Personal accident insurance coverage
- Two months’ salary for annual bonus and clothes
- Annual leave 18 days each year for the first year
- Other responsibilities and benefits are based on Viet Nam Labor Law.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to send curriculum vitae, application, writing samples and copies of relevant certificates, by email to
Oxford University Clinical Research Unit
Laboratory of Clinical Science
Hospital for Tropical Diseases
764 Vo Van Kiet, Ward 1, District 5, HCMC
* The cover letter should detail: What part of your education, training or employment history has best equipped you for this position?
– What experience do you have in website design and management?
– Why is science communication important to you?
– Names of two referees who can provide details of relevant experience
* Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interview. Please no telephone contact after submitting the application
Contact Person: Ms Nguyen Thi Hong Phuc
Deadline for submission: 31st March 2021Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
03/05/2021Làng trẻ em SOS Việt Nam
08/05/2021The U.S. Embassy
26/04/2021U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City
30/04/2021Good Neighbors (GNI)
30/06/2021Green Climate Fund
Post date: 16/04/2021WildAct
01/01/1970Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Vietnam