Organization: World Bank
Sector: Digital Development
Term Duration: 4 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: International Recruitment
Required Language(s): English
Closing Date: 4/9/2021 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit www.worldbank.org.
The Infrastructure Practice Group
Globally, 840 million people live more than 2 kilometers from all-weather roads, 1 billion people lack electricity, and 4 billion people lack Internet access. Access to basic infrastructure services is critical for creating economic opportunities for the poor. The Infrastructure Practice Group is charged with developing sustainable solutions to help close infrastructure gaps in developing and emerging.
The World Bank Group helps developing countries build smart infrastructure that supports inclusive and sustainable growth, expands markets, creates job opportunities, promotes competition, and contributes to a cleaner future. We help countries address their unique infrastructure needs by working with the public and private sectors. Infrastructure improves lives by connecting people to opportunity. For more information please visit: https://www.worldbank.org/en/topic/infrastructure
Digital Development Global Practice
The Digital Development Global Practice (DD) is part of the Bank’s Infrastructure Practice Group.
It plays a critical role in enabling the achievements of the Twin goals and the Sustainable Development Goals. Digital technologies are transforming firms, governments and people’s lives; and with the digital economy growing at a rate significantly higher than that of the global economy, it offers emerging economies a unique opportunity to leapfrog traditional paths for development through digital solutions.
Collaborating across technical, geographic and institutional boundaries, the Digital Development team helps design and deliver ICT-enhanced solutions to a diverse range of clients. The team supports clients (i) through advisory assistance to establish policy and regulatory environments that allow the widespread use of technology and create a trust environment; (ii) lending operations by building infrastructure to connect the unconnected, or enabling digital government shared platforms (cloud, digital, identification, etc.).
The DD Global Practice is led by a Director supported by five Practice Managers with specific regional and global responsibilities. The IDD01 Unit is responsible for Digital Development activities and portfolio in the East Asia and Pacific, South Asia, Latin America & Caribbean, and Europe & Central Asia regions, including lending, supervision and analytical work.
The IDD01 Unit is looking for a Senior Digital Development (DD) Specialist to be based in Hanoi. English is essential for this position. The candidate will demonstrate strong sector knowledge, combined with extensive experience of client engagement, on digital economy/digital government development globally, preferably in more than one Region.
The Senior DD Specialist will be based in Hanoi and will report to the Practice Manager, and work closely with the Country Director and Infrastructure Practice Group Program Leader based in Hanoi.
For more information, please visit: https://www.worldbank.org/en/topic/digitaldevelopment
Duties and accountabilities:
• Lead policy dialogue and client engagement on digital development in Vietnam, in collaboration with DD and other practice group colleagues as required.
• Develop and lead projects and programs—which may be a combination of investment, policy-based or technical assistance operations—supporting e-/digital government, shared platforms and integrated digital solutions for investments and projects, and the digital economy ecosystem.
• Lead business development including contributions to annual work program and budget reviews, Systematic Country Diagnostics, Country Partnership Frameworks etc.
• Conduct core business development tasks, such as preparing project proposals, drafting project concept notes and briefs, facilitating client co-design workshops, understanding and complying with operational procedures in relation to new business opportunities.
• Lead operational work (knowledge products technical assistance, lending, supervision), including being Task Team Leader for individual projects.
• Build alliances and share knowledge with clients, development partners, industry stakeholders, and WBG colleagues on digital connectivity and interdependency with platforms and digital applications/services and adaptative requirements of the enabling environment.
• Provide technical support and guidance to practice group colleagues and government clients in areas of digital solutions, including in infrastructure, health/education, social protection and jobs.
• Engage and build strong networks with international organizations, thinktanks, academic institutions, and private companies in Vietnam with whom the WB can collaborate and bring value to client developments.
• Master's degree in telecommunications, engineering, computer science, law, economics, public policy or related field with a minimum of 8 years of experience in ICT / Digital Economy policy and regulation and/or ICT / Digital Economy or Digital Government project design and implementation, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated ability to lead discussions at the highest policy levels in the area of DD and to communicate with senior authorities complex policy issues.
• Prior experience in developing digital strategic visions and ability to advise on what “10 years’ time” might look like under different specific scenarios of investment, skill development, partnerships and policy reform.
• Excellent conceptual and analytical skills, including ability to think strategically and innovatively about the role of digital technologies for socio-economic development and for transformation in other sectors of the economy.
• Strong technical and operational skills as evidenced in a proven track record in leading / co-leading the delivery of project operations within the World Bank or similar type of projects/products for other comparable entities.
• Firm understanding of digital technology and digitally enabled business model trends relevant to socio-economic development in the East Asia and Pacific (EAP) context and enthusiasm to stay abreast of new innovations.
• Strong client engagement skills, taking responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs, working to remove obstacles that may impede execution or project success.
• Excellent written communication skills in English as demonstrated in a proven track record of effectively delivering technical information in a clear, easily understandable and effective manner. Proficiency in English is essential.
• Excellent presentation skills, using charts, graphs and other data presentation techniques appropriately to communicate data, technical information, or complex concepts to non-specialists.
• Strong drive for results, taking personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results.
• Strong business judgment and analytical decision making, analyzing facts and data to support sound and logical business decisions.
• Proven ability to function effectively as a team member and as a connector within a multi-disciplinary team and resolve conflicts constructively.
• Prior work experience in EAP, and good knowledge of Digital Economy issues in one of these regions is a plus.
• Willingness and ability to travel.
WBG Core Competencies
Lead and Innovate - Develop innovative solutions with others.
Deliver Results for Clients - Achieve results and identify mission-driven solutions for clients
Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries - Initiate collaboration across boundaries and broadly across WBG, and bring differing ideas into the forefront;
Create, Apply and Share Knowledge - Create, apply and share knowledge from across and outside the WBG to strengthen internal and/or external client solutions
Make Smart Decisions – Recommend and take decisive action
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
27/04/2021British Embassy Hanoi
04/05/2021British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
03/05/2021Viện Lãnh đạo ABG
05/05/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
23/04/2021FIT & IRD
03/05/2021Làng trẻ em SOS Việt Nam
08/05/2021The U.S. Embassy