CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and fight with CARE.
The Senior Director will help increase CARE’s visibility in the region and communicate CARE’s work to existing and prospective supporters, managing a portfolio of prospects and donors in the Northwest, raising approximately $2-3 Million annually. This position requires an estimated 30% travel to meet with donors, which includes approximately twice-annual travel to CARE HQ. Some international travel may be required. Candidate will be based in the San Francisco/Silicon Valley area and have an established network in the area.
- The position reports to the Executive Director for the Western Region and is based in CARE’s San Francisco office.
- Build financial support for CARE by managing and building a portfolio of approximately 125 donors and prospects located primarily in Northern California and the Pacific Northwest. Initial portfolio goals will include raising approximately $2-3 million annually.
- Develop annual communication, cultivation, and solicitation plans for the major donor base, including new strategies to increase giving from the current major donor pool and to increase the number of major donors.
- Ensure that all major donors receive appropriate, consistent engagement/acknowledgment and an accounting of the impact that their gift has on community needs annually.
- Stay informed and knowledgeable about planned giving options for donors to CARE. With the Senior Planned Giving Officer, work to grow and steward donors, who have made or plan to make bequest, legacy, or estate gifts to CARE.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, develop and implement strategies for increasing CARE’s visibility in the region.
- Plan and execute a minimum of 3 small to medium donor cultivation events per year, including cultivating hosts, managing external speaker and topic, invitation creation and dissemination, onsite event management, and follow up.
- Oversee and support the new San Francisco Bay Area Committee for CARE, including organizing committee meetings, program briefings, and cultivation events. • Establish and maintain strategic relationships with colleagues across CARE. Engage Program staff in donor outreach and provide mentorship on donor cultivation to them as needed. Collaborate as needed with the Finance team and Grants Administration team on restricted gifts, planned gifts, and special appeals.
- Ensure donor and prospect data is properly recorded in the database and that all donor information is maintained with respect to confidentiality. Provide timely and accurate reports to senior leadership on all fundraising activities.
- Perform other duties as related or assigned, including special projects and possible management of volunteers, interns, and other development staff.
- Minimum of 5-8 years professional experience in nonprofit fundraising or external relations with experience in major gifts
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with a variety of constituents and strong working relationships with high net worth individuals as well as the ability to increase donor giving and a successful track record of raising five and six-figure gifts and planned gifts
- Strong creative thinking capability to develop engagement strategies with maximum impact and strong background and experience in special event fundraising with a successful track record of using events to attract and maintain donors
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the Bay Area/Silicon Valley philanthropic community required• Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred
- Proficiency with Salesforce or other web-based CRM software a plus
- International experience is preferred • Be comfortable working independent and navigating complex systems remotely
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills • Flexible and comfortable in a fast-paced environment, with excellent follow through
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with the enthusiasm and energy to implement new strategies and meet ambitious goal
- Passion and commitment to CARE’s mission and values
- Flexibility to travel within Northern California and the Pacific Northwest to visit donors, program sites, and other stakeholders as needed, and one-two times per year to CARE headquarters in Atlanta, GA
- Flexibility to travel to international program sites (on average, once per year).
- Kênh tài chính, chứng khoán việt nam
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
16/08/2020Save the Children
17/08/2020International Labour Organization (ILO)
10/08/2020International Labour Organization (ILO)
15/08/2020US Embassy Hanoi
17/08/2020Vietnam Social Health Revolution (VSHR)
31/08/2020Center of Rural Economic Development
18/08/2020European Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (EuroCham)
07/08/2020International Labour Organization (ILO)
15/08/2020Vietnam Youth Alliance
National Expert (Team Leader) for Development of Standard Operating Procedure for Providing Supports to Overseas Vietnamese Victims of Trafficking and Survivors of Violence and HarassmentUN Women Vietnam
05/08/2020United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
08/08/2020Vietnam Social Health Revolution (VSHR)