- ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations.
- External candidates.
- It provides technical support to National Statistical Offices in their data collection efforts related to child labour and forced labour, and to various research projects linked to technical assistance. This includes works related to the estimate of prevalence of decent work deficits in global supply chains.
- It produces global research products, in particular related to the economics of child labour and forced labour
- It designs and implements training courses for academic and national stakeholders.
- It develops new tools for research and statistics on the four principles.
Description of Duties
- Lead the research on the economics of forced labour: identify international lead experts and commission background papers, lead the ILO research on stolen wages and cost and benefits analysis of the elimination of forced labour, be responsible for the final comprehensive report on the economics of forced labour.
- Lead the research related to the publication of the revised version of the survey guidelines “Hard to see, harder to count”. In particular, lead the revision of the forced labour survey tools and the technical work on sampling techniques specific to forced labour.
- Support national stakeholders in the design and implementation of the surveys on child labour and forced labour in selected supply chains.
- Prepare training materials and participate in trainings on child labour and forced labour statistics for NSO and ministries of labour stakeholders.
- Provide administrative and technical backstopping, guidance and advice to other ILO technical departments; field experts and constituents of the Organization in the planning, operation and evaluation of statistical programmes.
- Organize seminars, workshops, training sessions, expert meetings etc. within and outside the Organization. Represent the Organization at various meetings. Prepare relevant reports.
- Promote cooperation and maintain liaison with other related fields within the organization and with relevant statistical agencies, both national and international.
- Carry out any other relevant duties requested by the Chief of FUNDAMENTALS.
- Experience conducting household and/or establishment surveys,
- Technical expertise in working on child labour and forced labour issues is an advantage;
- Knowledge on sampling techniques such as networking sampling or hard-to-reach populations is an advantage
- Experience in international trade issues, including Global Supply Chains, is an advantage;
- Experience conducting or managing rigorous impact evaluations is an advantage;
- Excellent drafting skills, negotiation skills, and organisational and management skills with proven capacity to initiate and implement technical co-operation programmes and activities with constituents, UN Agencies, NGOs, and others, including mobilizing support from international donor agencies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to draft policy-relevant papers of high quality, technically sound with conclusions leading to an action plan and/or programme development as well as technical publications and training materials;
- Ability to conceptualize statistical problems and find solutions;
- Ability to draft and revise survey reports;
- Ability to synthesize technical work and reach evidence-based conclusions on related subjects;
- Excellent analytical skills and knowledge of analytical tools and qualitative and quantitative techniques;
- Proficiency of the statistical software STATA;
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills;
- Ability to negotiate sensitive issues;
- Ability to represent the organization;
- Ability to formulate new concepts and methodologies;
- Ability to evaluate and monitor technical cooperation activities and projects and supervise the work of junior staff;
- Ability to work within a team environment as well as;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes.
Conditions of employment
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to ILO Staff Regulations and other relevant internal rules. Any offer of employment with the ILO is conditional upon certification by the ILO Medical Adviser that the person concerned is medically fit to perform the specific inherent requirements of the position offered. In order to confirm an offer from the ILO the successful candidate will be required to undergo a medical examination.
- Any extension of technical cooperation contracts are subject to various elements including the following: availability of funds, continuing need of the functions and satisfactory conduct and performance.
Recruitment processPlease note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit ILO Jobs. The system provides instructions for online application procedures. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected for a written test and/or an interview. Depending on the location and availability of candidates, assessors and interview panel members, the ILO may use communication technologies such as Skype, Video or teleconference, e-mail, etc for the assessment and evaluation of candidates at the different stages of the recruitment process, including technical tests or interviews.
Fraud warningThe ILO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process whether at the application, interview, processing or training stage. Messages originating from a non ILO e-mail account - @ilo.org - should be disregarded. In addition, the ILO does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants. Location: Geneva, Switzerland Deadline: 14/12/2020 Application link: https://jobs.ilo.org/job/Geneva-Senior-Economist%2C-P4-1200/634769301/ Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
03/05/2021Làng trẻ em SOS Việt Nam
08/05/2021The U.S. Embassy
26/04/2021U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City
30/04/2021Good Neighbors (GNI)
30/06/2021Green Climate Fund
06/05/2021Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Vietnam