- Provides policy advice to the Chief of Division, on addressing existing and emerging environmental challenges and management of the implementation of overall strategies and intra and inter-divisional/departmental policies and procedures.
- Plans and oversees the management of activities undertaken by the Section, in particular in the area of water, water and health, air pollution and industrial safety; ensures that substantive work programmes and programmed activities are carried out in a timely fashion, coordinating diverse projects in the Section, and, in liaison with other organizations of the United Nations System, donors and agencies as appropriate.
- Provides substantive input in the preparation of position papers and reports for presentation to governing bodies of Multilateral Environmental Agreements and the Committee on Environmental Policy, as appropriate.
- Contributes to the reporting to governing bodies on budget/programme performance or on programmatic/substantive issues, as appropriate, particularly those presented in biannual and/or annual reports.
- Manages, supervises and carries out the work programme of the Section under his/her responsibility. Co-ordinates the work carried out by three units in the Section; provides programmatic and substantive reviews of drafts prepared by others.
- Ensures that the outputs produced by the Section maintain high-quality standards; that reports are clear, objective and based on comprehensive data. Ensures that all outputs produced by the Section under his/her supervision meet required standards before completion to ensure they comply with the relevant mandates.
- Prepares inputs for the work programme of the Section and the Division, determining priorities, and allocating resources for the completion of outputs and their timely delivery.
- Carries out programmatic/administrative tasks necessary for the functioning of the Section, including preparation of budgets, assigning and monitoring of performance parameters and critical indicators, reporting on budget/programme performance, preparation of inputs for results-based budgeting, evaluation of staff performance (e-Performance), interviews of candidates for job openings and evaluation of candidates.
- Recruits staff for Section taking into account due account geographical and gender balance and other institutional values.
- Manages, guides, develops and trains staff under his/her supervision.
- Fosters teamwork and communication among staff in the Unit/Section and across organizational boundaries.
- Represents the Organization at intergovernmental and inter-agency meetings, seminars, etc. on substantive-related issues.
- Participates in international, regional or national meetings and provides programmatic/substantive expertise on an issue, or hold programmatic/substantive and organizational discussions with representatives of other institutions.
- Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in environmental management, economics or closely related area. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. A PhD in the field of environmental management/governance is desirable.
- A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible experience in environmental management or closely related field is required.
- Experience with international organizations, or development agencies is required.
- Proven experience in all aspects of project and programme management, and resource mobilization is required.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French, is desirable; knowledge of Russian is also desirable.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
27/06/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
12/07/2021Preferred by Nature
30/06/2021Pacific Links Foundation