Terms of Reference and Call for Applications
Title: Senior Expert on Best-Available-Techniques (BAT-Approach)
Time frame: 02/2021-11/2021
Requirement: 01 Senior Expert (Vietnamese national, resident in Hanoi)
Location: Hanoi and other provinces (if necessary and if situation allows)
The Hanns Seidel Foundation is a political foundation with its headquarters in Munich (Germany). “In the service of democracy, peace and development” – this motto is present in the work and mission of the Hanns Seidel Foundation. This motto applies both to its activities in Germany and abroad. Since 1995, HSF had supported the integration of Vietnam into the global political spectrum and the ASEAN-Community. Since the establishment of a representative office in 2011, HSF has focused its work in Vietnam on social and environmental policies for sustainable development.
In 2020, HSF supported the Department of Legal Affairs, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MoNRE) of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam to conduct research and associated scientific and consultative workshops on the BAT provisions in the (revised) Law on Environmental Protection 2020 as well as on BAT implementation in Vietnam.
For 2021-2022, HSF will continue to deliver inputs for BAT provisions in the Decree on the enforcement of LEP 2020 and the circular on guiding the implementation of BAT. As such, Department of Legal Affairs, MoNRE and HSF have agreed to jointly identify a Senior Expert to overall coordinate the activities in the workplan necessary to achieve the envisioned outcomes.
Through this ToR, ONE Senior Expert is to be identified.
The Senior Expert will work closely with both HSF and the Department of Legal Affairs (MoNRE) to coordinate the joint activities on BAT to ensure the delivery of relevant technical inputs to the Decree on the enforcement of LEP 2020 and the guiding circular on the implementation of BAT in Vietnam.
3. SPECIFIC TASKS
In close direction and coordination with HSF and the Department for Legal Affairs (MoNRE), the Senior Expert will execute the following tasks:
- Establish a network of experts on industrial technologies, environment technologies especially in the major polluting industries, liaise and maintain the contacts with them during the consultation process for the decree and the circular;
- Work closely with HSF to develop a detailed workplan to ensure the delivery of relevant inputs for the Decree, due to be adopted in 2021;
- Provide technical inputs for the activities, review research, provide advice to the draft BAT provisions in the Decree;
- Act as focal point towards the Department of Legal Affairs and other relevant departments of MONRE.
4. SCOPE, TIMELINE and REMUNERATION PACKAGE
- The contract covers a maximum of 60 full working days (equivalent to less than 3 full months of work taking 22 working days per month as a basis);
- The contract duration is from February (or March latest) 2021 to December 2021.
- The workload will vary significantly across the contract duration.
- Payment will be made for each full 20 claimed working days after submission of a time sheet that includes all relevant reporting, deliverables and supporting documents.
5. QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Have at least a Master degree in economics, law, natural resource management, environment or related fields;
- Have at least 15 years of experience in a field related to industrial production technologies, environmental policies, environmental engineering and/or other relevant fields
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of environment permits and standards, environmental impact assessments as well as other environmental protection measures,
- Working experience with MoNRE and/or MoIT and contact with industry stakeholders is a strong asset,
- Excellent analytic skills
- Demonstrated report writing and presentation skills in both English and Vietnamese.
6. APPLICATION FORMAT
Consultancy firms are welcome to apply. However, the to be identified individual Senior Expert must act as the Expert for the whole contract duration.
Documents to be submitted are:
- Cover Letter indicating the motivation and suitability for this position (max. 2 pages);
- Technical Approach that includes a suggested daily rate (max. 1 page),
- Comprehensive CV including references.
- Language: English.
- Format: PDF
5. How to apply
Interested individuals are requested to send the application documents to Ms Trang Nguyen (email@example.com) and clearly indicate the subject of the application: “Senior Expert on Best-Available-Techniques (BAT-Approach)”. Please also direct potential questions to this email address.
Deadline for submission is 25thJanuary 2021 at 5pm Hanoi time.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam