The incumbent will be required to support the activities for LABS in the Apparel, Textile and Footwear sector, focussing on Structural, Electrical, and Fire safety. The person will report to to Country Manager, LABS and will be responsible for the successful management of 50 factories, and supervision of various firms associated with LABS Initiative such as Inspection Firm (IF), Remediation Firm (RF), Quality Assurance Firm (QA) etc. The FC/Senior FC will work closely with a diverse group of stakeholders, including Brands, Factory owners, local Authorities, Civil Society Organisations and LABS Team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the implementation of LABS initiative and its standards, consistent with project objectives.
- Directly manage and coordinate the assessment process for about 50 factories.
- Working cooperatively with others to create a safe work site environment; and communicating effectively with the facility owners, contractors, and stakeholders associated with the LABS Initiative.
- Collaborate with Engineers and Auditors working with Remediation Firms, Inspection, and Quality Assurance Firms.
- Clarify the Corrective Action Plan (CAP) generated after assessments to factories, where needed.
- Schedule and perform factory visits to follow-up on implementation progress of the safety audits conducted under LABS Initiative by Inspection Firms.
- Track, document, and report online the factory progress summarizing gaps and opportunities.
- Monitor Inspection Firm’s performance and give timely feedback to Country Manager.
- Attending and convening meetings as assigned.
- Relationship building with Brand Participants, Factories, Training & Inspection Firms.
- Provide Training on FFC (Fair Factories Clearinghouse) after being trained by FFC Lead.
- Interacting with LABS Initiative counterparts in other countries for sharing good practices and benchmarking quality control standards.
- Administrative function and support as needed in the operations of the LABS Initiative including but not limited to setting up meetings, making arrangements for training, preparing minutes of meetings, and participating in operations call, if needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- An engineer with at least 5-7 years on site experience in conducting Structural, Fire & Electrical safety audits, preferably in Apparel, Textile and Footwear industry or any other manufacturing industry.
- Being able to understand technical drawings, testing, and design documents to participate in verification and validation discussions.
- Sound knowledge of Structural, Electrical, and Fire safety aspects linked to Factory construction.
- Proficiency in understanding Cambodian Building Codes and Standards.
- Able to address implementation issues and resolve conflict.
- Education Level: Graduation (B. Tech or B.E- Electrical/Fire)/ Post Graduation (Desirable).
- Ability to communicate reasonably well both verbally and in writing with a wide variety of people /audiences in English and local language (Khmer).
Interested candidates should send their CV/resume and application letter (in English), explaining your interest and capabilities for the position mentioning “Application for LABS senior factory coordinator” in the headline.Deadline 30 July 2021 Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
10/08/2021Batik International Việt Nam