The Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) delivers research-based solutions that harness agricultural biodiversity and sustainably transform food systems to improve people’s lives. Alliance solutions address the global crises of malnutrition, climate change, biodiversity loss, and environmental degradation.
With novel partnerships, the Alliance generates evidence and mainstreams innovations to transform food systems and landscapes so that they sustain the planet, drive prosperity, and nourish people in a climate crisis.
The Alliance is part of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food-secure future.
About the position
Provides operational financial support in relation to the projects that are being developed by the Alliance Research Areas and Programs. This involves the provision of assistance to budgetary analysis and financial support as project activities are being carried out (coordinating opening of a BUS’s, coordinating uploading budgetary information and necessary adjustments). Deliver information to prepare financial reports for projects and handle projects information requirements from donors.
Executes and completes transactions consistent with established rules and procedures.
- Assist the PLANS Office with financial management of grants
- Prepare cost transfer request for review and approval;
- Collect data and documentation to support the preparation of the financial reports for donors to ensure reconciliation with the accounting records;
- Prepare supporting documentation for financial report submissions and audits;
- Execute the activities related to the signature process of financial reports, once all requirements are fulfilled.
- Assist the PLANS Office with partner financial reporting and clearance processes
- Review the partner financial reports and ensure that the financial reporting checklist is complete; detect and report issues;
- Review the transaction list provided by the partner and ensure it matches with the financial report;
- Review supporting evidence provided by the partner and take the necessary actions as needed.
- Assist the PLANS Office with grant opening and data management in our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Prepare the grant opening template for the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system opening process;
- Prepare budget uploads in a timely manner to ensure budgets in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system are up to date.
- Other support tasks as required from the PLANS unit.
Required qualification and experience
- Technology career education in economics, accounting, finance and related fields;
- At least two (2) years of relevant work experience in finance units in process-oriented/ transactional activities;
- Proficiency in relevant software packages (Microsoft Office Suite);
- Knowledge of or experience with financial management software;
- Full professional proficiency of the English language, both written and spoken;
- Solid interpersonal, communications and teamwork skills; courtesy and tact, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different cultural and national backgrounds;
- Well developed skills in personal organization, filing and priority setting, problem solving and accuracy;
- Strong client orientation and service approach; and
- Sound judgment and initiative; ability to work independently within the assigned area.
Skills and competence
- Work experience in an international environment
- Working knowledge of other languages
Terms of employment
This is a full-time position and available for Vietnamese nationals based in Hanoi, Vietnam. Contracts are issued and renewed annually, based on performance and availability of resources. This position is subjected to an initial two-month probation period. The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT is an equal opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity.
To be considered for this position, please send an email to Ms. To Mai Trang – HR Unit (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line “Application – Senior Finance Assistant to PLANS – Candidate’s full name”. In your email, please include:
- A cover letter illustrating your motivation to apply and suitability for the above position against the listed qualifications and work responsibilities.
- A detailed curriculum vitae, including the names and email addresses of three professional referees who have worked either as your professional or academic supervisors and are knowledgeable about your skills and professional abilities.
Only qualified applicants with relevant skills and experience will be contacted. Applications should be submitted no later than 17/10/2021.
We invite you to learn more about us at:
Organisation Name: CIAT
Application Deadline: Sun, 2021-10-17
16/11/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
03/11/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
05/11/2021UNIDO - United Nations Industrial Development Organization
11/11/2021The International Center (IC)
31/10/2021Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
04/11/2021Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
12/11/2021The U.S. Embassy Hanoi
01/11/2021Development and Policies Research Center - DEPOCEN
15/11/2021World Health Organization (WHO)
31/10/2021The World Bank
All year round