SENIOR FINANCE MANAGER
Type of Contract:
Staffing / Fulltime
Twelve month rolling contract. To be renewed annually in first two years, subject to funding availability and performance.
Vietnam Country Director
Financial staff. Others to be determined.
Orbis is an international non-governmental organization committed to saving sight worldwide. Founded in New York in 1982, we have gained leading reputation in supporting developing countries to protect eye health and fight against avoidable blindness through hands-on training, advocacy, public health education and partnerships with other healthcare organizations. Orbis starts to collaborate with eye care sector in Vietnam since 1996 and Country Representative Office was established in Hanoi in 2003.
The Senior Finance Manager will have day to day responsibility for Orbis Vietnam country office’s financial processes to ensure the smooth flow of transactions. He/she will maintain financial reporting, ensuring that key stakeholders (ie: Country Director, Program Managers, Project Partners, Head Quarter) receive timely and reliable information on which to base decisions. He/she will lead the Finance team and support Country Director and Program Management team in developing the financial management capacity of the organization, ensures that Orbis Vietnam has sound financial systems with robust internal controls, in accordance with organizational, donor standards, and legislative requirements. He/she will be responsible for preparing financial donor reporting, ensuring this is accurately and punctually delivered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategic & General Management
- Support the Country Director in the development and implementation of a Country Office Operational Plan
- Ensure that Orbis Vietnam has sound financial systems with robust internal controls, in accordance with organizational, donor standards, and legislative requirements, develop and maintain financial policies and procedures for country office.
- Coordinate the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts for Country Office in accordance with the annual planning cycle and in close collaboration with program staff;
- Represent Orbis with government and legal authorities, as required, on financial and tax issues, keep abreast and ensure compliance with government regulations regarding financial management.
- Supervise, coach and motivate Finance staff with clearly defined objectives, indicators of achievement, and quarterly/annual work plans
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the country office
- Manage month-end/annual close process, including the preparation and review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports as per stipulated schedules and adhering to the accounting policies;
Program Financial Management
- Oversee financial reporting to donors and prepare financial reports for the Head Quarte
- Direct, coordinate, produce accurate and timely financial and management reports to country director, headquarter, and donor organizations according to requirements.
- Undertake monitoring and audit visits to project sites as required, particularly those identified as a risk either in terms of delivery/project management and financial management
- Assist in the preparation and review of the project proposals to be submitted for funding;
Audits and Compliance
- Track the financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement.
- Collaborate with external auditors to facilitate annual audits and tax filing, and other financial needs as necessary
- Responsible for all statutory audits for the organization and making sure issues are implemented timely;
- Responsible for effective system of internal controls in place which also ensures compliance with Orbis ‘s Standards;
- Responsible in coordinating management responses to findings raised by auditors. And Monitor progress with implementation of audit & investigation recommendations
- Responsible for all statutory compliance matter (Tax, Pension etc).
Required Skills and Experience
A degree in Accounting, and Accounting Qualification. Master’s Degree in Finance or MBA is desirable
- Track record of 5 years or more in managing financial operation. Experience working with international organization in the field of international development, public health , or other related fields would be an advantage.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to Orbis’s mission;
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Computer skills
- Self-starter with strong organizational, leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively under time constraints
- Honest and mature with good analytical skills
- Good team player
Applicants should send their CVs and covering letters in English either by email or by post to the following address:
Orbis International in Vietnam
R303-304, E4B Building, Trung Tu Diplomatic Compound
#6 Dang Van Ngu Street, Hanoi, Vietnam
Closing date for applications: Sun, 10 May 2020, with interviews afterward. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
25/01/2021Human Rights Watch
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
15/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng ( CECR )
Consultancy Services on Sand and Gravel Extraction/Management Policies, Regulations and Practices in other International River BasinsWWF
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year roundWinrock International
11/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
11/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)