- Work base: Hanoi
- Deadline for application: 10 October 2022
PURPOSE OF POSITIONProvide overall leadership and oversight to all aspects of financial management in the National Office (NO), ensuring effective financial management, better compliance, better controls as well as reasonably simplified procedures. This position is seen as a strategic partner, member of the Senior Management/Leadership Team of the NO, with a focus on ensuring accountability, stewardship, coordinating planning and budgeting processes, providing accurate financial data, analysis and advices, as well as developing financial strategy that best serves the NO strategic and program objectives. Responsible for strengthening finance staff capacity, the development and implementation of good internal controls, risk management, and utilization and safeguarding of assets according to WV approved policies and procedures.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES1. Leadership, Capacity Development and Strategic Partnering (30%)
- Provide strong and positive leadership to the finance department ensuring competent and motivated staff are hired and retained, providing efficient delivery of services.
- Coordinate professional and personal development of finance staff through adequate orientation, on-the-job coaching, identification of learning, training needs and opportunities (e.g. in accounting, SunSystems, grant management, risk management, leadership, etc.); and succession planning.
- Model Christ-centered servant leadership and provide spiritual leadership to his/her team members.
- Support ND, Operations, and other non-finance staff in understanding and interpretation of financial statements.
- Ensure partnership finance policies and procedures are understood by Senior Management, Operations/Technical staff, Communities, and Local Partners as appropriate.
- Develop strong networks internally (other NOs, SOs and partnership entities) and externally (other NGOs, banking entities, communities, etc.) through effective communication, relationships and twin citizenship.
- Promote shared resource networks within the region, and the partnership.
- Participate in high level meetings with donors.
- Take lead, coordinate with functional departments, lead Finance team in providing support APs/projects during emergency response in the targeted areas/zone when needed to ensure humanitarian standards and accountability.
- Build capacity for sub-grantees in financial management.
- Providing cost analysis, promoting benchmarks and making recommendations for determining effective resource utilization at all levels.
- Contributing to the development of appropriate policies and procedures for procurement of goods and services, in collaboration with the Supply Chain team.
- In collaboration with other NO Directors, advise the ND on strategic resource acquisition and allocation in line with RWG/VIR (Regional Working Group /Virtual Investment Review) recommendations approved by the Regional Leader.
- Coordinate the planning and budgeting process and provide technical support, to ensure global and regional guidelines are met.
- Review alignment of budgets between National Office, projects, grants, MyPBAS and Support Offices.
- Control of NO budget, cash flow and project funding, by providing timely and relevant information to budget managers, in collaboration with the Operations Leader.
- Contribute to the development of WV NO strategic direction and priorities.
- Design and manage systems, policies and procedures that provide appropriate levels of security and control of WV assets, resources and operations.
- Coordinate the submission of timely, accurate and complete relevant reporting to the Partnership and to internal users.
- Define and implement efficient and effective internal control systems.
- Adhere to partnership policies, procedures and guidelines as stipulated in the WVI Financial Manual and other documents, including – but not limited to: grant compliance, planning & budgeting, year-end closing, carry forward, accounting and reporting.
- Coordinate the timely and accurate submission of financial reports in Notes FFR (Field Financial Reporting) database.
- Review the reconciliation of MyPBAS to FFR monthly with action plan for addressing outstanding items.
- Provide regular analysis of ADP/Grant financial reports and timely feedback to ADP/Grant managers for decision making
- Ensure NO Finance staff visit Programs/Projects to monitor accountability issues, follow up on implementation of audit findings and provide support as needed.
- Provide recommendation for Go/No-Go analysis and decision making
- Provide leadership on financial management of grants project to ensure compliance with grant agreements/contracts/MOUs.
- Manage appropriate financial systems and controls and ensure they are in place to avoid significant finance audit risk ratings, both at the NO and project levels.
- Coordinate management responses to finance audits performed to the NO and projects; ensure they are sent on time to the Audit Department; and that finance related audit recommendations are implemented timely at all levels.
- Coordinate adequate preparation for GC and external audits.
- Manage Financial Risk.
- Implement anti-corruption and fraud strategies.
- Manage directly the safety and security within the team based on guidance WVV guidelines, through security assessment, planning and management.
- Identify and mitigate the risks that could impact the achievement of goals of Finance department.
- Update regularly the risk registers for Finance department to Riskonnect Software.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES1. Required Professional Experience
- Minimum 10 - 12 years of relevant experience, preferably with international Humanitarian Organizations.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in finance management position.
- Master Degree in Finance, Business Administration or Audit etc or Equivalent Required
- ACCA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent preferred.
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
- Knowledge of government grant regulations and financial reporting requirements preferred.
- Good working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, preferable Sun Systems. Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to lead and manage a team including providing spiritual/servant leadership to the team.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to support, articulate and demonstrate World Vision’s core values in meaningful ways to staff, partners, children and communities.
- People and Culture Department
- World Vision International - Vietnam
- Address: No. 444 Hoang Hoa Tham street, Tay Ho District, Hanoi.
- Tel: 024. 39439920
USAID Learns - Social Impact
05/10/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact
30/09/2022Humanitarian Services for Children of Vietnam (HSCV)
04/10/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact