- Properly coach, advise and monitor partners in program/project finance management and accounting including preparation of reports, opening and managing accouting books;
- By providing timely support and capacity building, ensure partners understand well and strictly comply to AOP’s financial policies and cost norms, in accordance with each donor’s requirements;
- Design, review and update program/project financial guidelines to partners;
- Actively seek initiatives to improve the outcomes and effectiveness of program/project financial management and reporting in compliance with donors’ requirements;
- Support identification and design, where necessary, appropriate training for staff and partners in the areas of finance to build capacity in financial management and planning, particularly in regards to budgeting and donor reporting.
- Act as a financial liaison with partners of various projects;
- Monitor, collect and verify the financial books and reports that partners submit to AOP monthly and ensure their accuracy and compliance with AOP’s budget plan and financial procedures;
- Periodically visit partners’ offices in project sites to check their program/project accounting documents and financial reports to ensure they are accurate and in compliance with AOP’s budget plan, cost norms, partner agreements and financial procedures;
- Check payment and transfer requests from partners and related supporting documents to ensure compliance with accouting standards;
- Verify relevant procurement procedures, check and verify purchase orders, quotations, contracts, payment requests, invoices, receipts, vouchers and other financial documents for approval;
- File copies of partners’ project accounting documents and financial reports properly and easy to access;
- Provide necessary assistance to microfinance program as required;
- Provide necessary assistance to accounting and financial management activities of project’s social enterprise as required.
- Facilitate tax refund procedures for program/project and partners;
- Engage in payroll management and personal income tax (PIT) declaration and exemption for expatriate staff;
- Ensure program/project documents are in line with tax regulations for subsequent PIT exemption and VAT refund/ exemption.
- Develop budget formats of program/project and ensure they are in compliance with donors’ requirements, uniformed and easy to consolidate;
- Check and monitor the budgets of program/project to ensure they complies with formats and budget allocation;
- Engage in budget planning for program/project and its activities.
- Prepare and verify required financial reports for programs and projects at national level;
- Prepare monthly synthesis financial updates for programs and projects;
- Periodically prepare financial reports to donors accurately and in compliance with donors’ requirements, cost norms, formats, processes, deadlines, and follow AOP financial manual;
- Accompany internal/external auditors to conduct audit visits to partners’ offices in project sites;
- Provide auditor with sufficient and appropriate information;
- Facilitate the realisation of audit recommendations.
- Provide support to Operations & HR Team in office finance and administrative activities;
- Engage in other program activities and field trips;
- Participate in organising occasional office events and activities;
- Actively participate in internal and external meetings, ie. by taking minutes, or preparing and delivering presentations;
- Other tasks as deemed necessary and appropriate.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in accounting or finance;
- Experience in PIT declaration for expats is an advantage;
- Experience in not-for-profit sector and INGOs is preferable.
- Familiar with accounting softwares;
- Exeperience with international aid program fundings and financial management and reporting;
- Ability to work independently and prioritise own workload;
- Ability to work effectively within a team;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in Vietnamese and English, both spoken and written;
- Good coaching skill;
- Sensitivity to cultural differences, ability to work in a wide variety of cultural contexts;
- Willingness to travel to project sites on a regular basis;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Excellent working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases;
- Familiarity with AOP’s thematic areas of work is an asset.
- Fluent English and Vietnamese, both spoken and written.
- Detail-oriented and careful
- Diligent, proactive and independent
- Patient, friendly and supportive
- Poverty and injustice eradication
- Gender equality
03/10/2021British Embassy Hanoi
Mid-level Training Consultants for Mothers and Aunts to Meet the Asian Program Framework and Trainees' CapabilitiesSOS Vietnam
22/09/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Action to the Community Development Institute (ACDC)
26/09/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy service for Baseline Study of Project "Greening Red Cross and Red Crescent Disaster Risk Reduction: Saving Lives through Working with Nature"American Red Cross
10/10/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
24/09/2021American Red Cross
30/09/2021American Red Cross