Senior Financial Officer and Team Lead
Sector: Finance & Accounting
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: International Recruitment
Location: Washington, DC,United States
Required Language(s): English
Closing Date:4/27/2021 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
The IFC Controllers Department is responsible for optimally and efficiently handling IFC’s Financial Operations (loan, equity and short-term finance operations, and back-office treasury support operations), Financial Reporting (including reporting and analysis, portfolio review, investment accounting and accounting policy), Internal Controls, and Financial Systems, Integration and Projects. The Department comprises approximately 125 diverse and highly skilled staff in Washington DC, and Chennai.
IFC’s Controllers Department is seeking a Senior Financial Officer and Team Lead for the Reporting and Analysis unit within Financial Reporting. The position is based in Washington, DC.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Coordinate a team based in HQ and Chennai with responsibility for multiple reports and processes related to IFC’s financial reporting.
• Planning and execution of the monthly, quarterly and annual cycles of reporting of IFC’s financial results, including: (i) reporting to IFC’s senior management; (ii) external financial documents in accordance with US GAAP and accompanying Management’s Discussion and Analysis; (iii) preparation of Annual Information Statement and other bond offering support processes (prospectus reviews, financial disclosures, comfort letters etc.) in connection with IFC’s borrowings; and (iv) coordination with external and internal auditors and internal controls teams on matters of internal controls over financial reporting
• Oversight in the aggregate of regular accounting transactions generated by subsystems, including analytical procedures over such financial information produced and various account analyses and control procedures (i.e. reconciliations).
• Maintenance of the Corporation’s SAP general ledger and interfaces between the general ledger and upstream and downstream systems.
• Operation and maintenance of the Accounting Special Ledger (ASL) used to record reclassifications and fair value measurements within the investment portfolio.
• Operation and maintenance of the Post Closing Adjustment Layer (PCAL) used to authorize and post loan and equity transactions to SAP and the management reporting database (ODS) after the source systems are closed.
• Team with other units in Financial Reporting and with Internal partners in figuring out the impact and implementation of new and proposed accounting standards and new or proposed product offerings.
• Provide direction and training to staff in the course of their day-to-day work regarding IFC’s reporting, processes and procedures.
• Provide mentorship as needed and serve as a source of help for internal and external partners.
• Coordinate ad hoc requests for data and analysis with owners of the information and review for reasonableness and internal consistency.
• Identify and undertake process standardization and simplification, efficiency improvements, and control enhancement initiatives.
• Act as a key contact with the Corporation’s external auditors on financial reporting matters.
• Recruit and hire new staff, as needed.
• Minimum education: undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and an internationally recognized professional accounting qualification (e.g. CPA, CA, ACCA or equivalent) is required. Master’s degree or equivalent will be an advantage.
• Typically, the successful candidate will have had shown experience in accounting and financial reporting. Experience with private sector and/or IFC will be a strong plus.
• Knowledge of standard methodologies of internal controls over external financial reporting.
• Strong technical accounting background. Experience evaluating accounting standards for financial instruments within a financial institution a plus.
• Experience leading a team and managing staff a plus.
• Demonstrated ability in partnering with technical and business staff at senior levels and operating seamlessly across boundaries.
• Experience in advising long-term, sophisticated, multi-disciplinary systems implementations a plus.
• Proven track record to handle multiple concurrent projects and/or tasks.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong communication skills (in English), both written and oral
• Ability to work independently as a project manager, to take initiative, and anticipate and respond quickly to situations.
• Knowledge of SAP, ASL, PCAL, Summit (treasury system), ACBS (loan system) and Investran (equity system) would be a plus.
• Proficient in office technology tools, including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
WBG Core Competencies
• Deliver Results for Clients - Achieves results and identifies solutions.
• Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries - Initiates partnership across boundaries and broadly across WBG, bringing differing ideas into the forefront.
• Lead and Innovate - Develops innovative solutions as a team.
• Build, Apply and Share Knowledge - Creates, applies and shares knowledge from across WBG to strengthen internal and/or external client solutions.
• Make Smart Decisions - Recommends and takes critical action.
Controllers Department Competencies
• Client Understanding and Advising: Advises the clients and helps them think proactively about how to best meet their current and future needs, taking into considerations the real underlying issues. Works across CNT and with other VPUs to define client needs and develop the right solutions to meet those needs. PLUS: Provides recommendations to multiple VPUs that can add value to customers beyond normal offerings.
• Broad Business Thinking: Maintains an in-depth understanding of key business issues. Sets clear explanations for the integration and alignment of CNT solutions with business functions. PLUS: consider WBG wide implications in decision making to ensure consistency across WBG. Sponsors long-term VPU-wide initiatives.
• Information Technology and Systems: Demonstrates understanding of the functions and operations of pertinent IT systems and applications. Provides inputs to IT system improvement efforts based on day to day working experience and knowledge of the systems.
• Analytical Thinking: Coordinates the information gathering and reporting process. Reviews trends and compares to expectations. Conducts analysis to define problems and prepares responses to anticipated questions.
• Policies and Procedures: Demonstrates detailed knowledge of policies and processes in related fields.
• Risks and Controls: Leads by example and serves as standard methodology champions in completing internal control procedures, including understanding impact beyond own immediate functional areas.
• Communication: Adapts the communication style appropriate for the intended audience. Adopts a broad approach to communication as is appropriate to the situation, so as to ensure adequate partner participation. Presents information effectively and encourage feedback.
• Project Management: Understands and utilizes the concepts of project management, as they relate to implementation of a project.
How to Apply
Applicants can click HERE for more information and apply
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/05/2021Save the Children
10/06/2021USAID Saving Species Project
17/05/2021The U.S Embassy