Contract Type: Staff
Salary scale: International Scale
Contract Duration: 36 months
Date to close (KST): 29/03/2020
Ref No: VN-LUX-1
Senior Green Finance Officer
The Senior Green Finance Officer works with the Project Manager and other relevant colleagues to develop the green bond market in Viet Nam. This will include analyzing and proposing necessary policy changes, as well as the identification of suitable projects for financing via green bonds, promoting two-way exchanges between international investors and green bond practitioners and those in Viet Nam. The postholder will have to work collaboratively across GGGI’s divisions as well as with the relevant government authorities , private sector and other relevant stakeholders.
The Senior Green Finance Officer, under the guidance from the Project Manager, will implement components of GGGI’s Green Bond Readiness Program in Viet Nam. As the Senior Green Finance Officer, the postholder will be required to have specific sector experience in green finance, with a strong focus on green bond experience.
The post holder will lead the identification and prioritization of climate mitigation and adaptation projects to be financed by green bonds, providing best international experience to support local stakeholders including the relevant government authorities and market players, from potential issuers, investors, verifiers etc.
The Senior Green Finance Officer works with the Government of Viet Nam in assessing issues and opportunities for the development of the Vietnamese green bond market. This will include the identification and formulation of relevant climate mitigation and adaptation projects for funding as well as capacity building activities and knowledge sharing with both the public and private sector. The Senior Green Finance Officer will be responsible for implementing specific components of the “Viet Nam Green Bond Readiness Program” under the guidance of the Project Manager.
The Senior Green Finance Officer provides salient and clear analysis to support the development of the green bond market and green investment projects in Viet Nam through collaboration with country teams, in-house and external experts/organizations. The postholder will need to build close working relationships and a strong network with a wide range of stakeholders across government and the private sector (both Vietnamese and international). These include (but not limited to) Viet Nam’s MOF, SSC, MPI as well as relevant local government partners, domestic and international financial institutions and corporate entities (for the development of corporate green bonds).
In this role, the Senior Green Finance Officer shall:
- Manage the project cycle by identifying project delivery issues and ensure effective coordination of project activities and resources to ensure attainment of objectives against established timeframes;
- Support the collection of data and relevant metrics for the compilation of reporting to GGGI HQ and the Government of Luxembourg.
- Manage and oversee junior staff and consultants to ensure successful delivery of outputs;
- Provide technical advice to other staff and government counterparts on green bonds and green investment projects and programs;
- Perform financial, economic, and regulatory analysis throughout the development of the green bond market in Viet Nam in collaboration with the country teams, private sector and government counterparts;
- Ensure that the projects progress to implementation/financing stage through listing of green bonds on relevant exchange(s);
- Initiate, maintain, and strengthen relationships with senior officials in governments and international/local stakeholders and institutions (ex. MDB, development agencies) in the public and private sectors;
- Develop and disseminate capacity development and knowledge sharing products such as insight briefs and toolkits in the field of green bonds.
- Postgraduate degree in relevant field, i.e. Economics, finance, accounting, etc.
- At least seven years of relevant professional experience, preferably for financial institution or development agency in climate finance related work
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required, Vietnamese is a plus.
- Exceptional analytical skills, alongside strong synthesis and strategic thinking skills
- Outstanding stakeholder engagement, client relationship, communication and consensus building skills
- Proven project delivery experience, i.e. managing the delivery of results on time and on budget
- Leadership, team work and creative problem-solving abilities
- Excellent multi-cultural literacy and interest in being a part of an international team working in an evolving and entrepreneurial environment
- International experience across at least two country contexts with specific experience working with developing countries implementing green growth.
- Experience engaging with government officials of developing countries to influence climate finance policy development and decision making
- Professional experience in sustainable finance across at least two countries is essential, with experience in Viet Nam or Southeast Asia highly desirable
- Understand and actively supports GGGI’s mission, vision and values
- Promote an organizational culture of trust, transparency, respect and partnership
- Process and share information easily and excellent at problem solving
- Manage emotions and stress positively, builds rapport and resolves conflict easily
- Promote creativity and innovation among staff
- Be able to lead, develop and motivate staff and support the Project Manager to make sound decisions
COUNTRY PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Since 2012, GGGI has worked with the government of Viet Nam, in the planning and investment sectors with MPI, in urban green growth with the Ministry of Construction (MOC) and on renewable energy and energy efficiency with the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT). GGGI works to provide strategic policy advice as well as prioritization and development of bankable projects. GGGI and MPI published the 2016-2020 Country Planning Framework (CPF) for Viet Nam, which confirms GGGI’s partnership with the government will focus in the urban, finance and energy sectors to enable Viet Nam to achieve its ambitious development goals in a green and inclusive way. The Senior Green Finance Officer will lead the delivery of aspects of GGGI’s green finance work, especially within the Green Bond Readiness Program in Viet Nam.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
25/01/2021Human Rights Watch
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
15/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng ( CECR )
Consultancy Services on Sand and Gravel Extraction/Management Policies, Regulations and Practices in other International River BasinsWWF
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year roundWinrock International
11/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
11/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)