- Organisation Name: IOM
- Location: Ho Chi Minh
- Application Deadline: Thu, 2024-02-15
BackgroundEstablished in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. Internal candidates should meet the minimum of time in post requirement of six months or more.
Context:Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Viet Nam and direct supervision of the Head of Resources Management Unit (HRMU); and, in collaboration with relevant units at Headquarters and the Administrative Centres, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for managing the human resources functions in IOM Viet Nam.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in coordinating and monitoring the Human Resources management functions in the mission in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and practices.
- Participate in evaluation of staffing needs in the office and coordinate recruitment processes, including but not limited to, providing guidance to hiring managers on preparation of Terms of Reference, drafting and posting Vacancy Notice/Special Vacancy Notice, screening and shortlisting applications, drafting interview protocols, preparing and administering written tests, taking part in interview panels as assigned, drafting candidates assessment forms, conducting reference checks, preparing job offers, administering recruitment mailbox, etc.
- Coordinate pre-employment activities such as preparation of Entry on Duty (EOD) documentation and collection of supporting documentation, coordination of EOD medical exams and follow-up with Health Insurance Medical Services (Manila or Panama) on medical clearance, coordinate enrollment in insurance plans as appropriate, coordination and delivery of induction sessions, arrangement for security briefing, etc.
- Perform assigned role(s) in PRISM HR; monitor consistency and accuracy of data; verify eligibility for allowances and other benefits; monitor and follow-up on contractual situation and entitlements, and coordinate prompt actions; generate, edit, review and ensure correctness of reports, contract extensions, personnel actions and other related documentation.
- Monitor attendance and leave administration; generate, edit and analyse leave-related reports; respond to questions concerning leave administration; guide staff on request and approval procedure in PRISM.
- Carry-out, coordinate and monitor a wide range of Human Resource actions including but not limited to preparation of documentation for separation, classification, reclassification, promotion, disciplinary cases and coordinate with the Regional Office, Administrative Centers and Human Resource Management in Geneva as appropriate.
- Prepare, coordinate and monitor all reports on personnel matters and submit timely to concerned parties; draft and review routine correspondence, letters, certifications, etc.; create and maintain a systematic way to archive Human Resources documents (electronic and hard copies). Update and maintain electronic and physical archiving systems in the unit including personnel files with all supporting documentation, recruitment files, Human Resources policies, regulations, guidelines and manuals, internal controls, etc.
- Monitor compliance with the Staff Evaluation System and follow-up with staff and supervisor as needed; facilitate compliance by providing technical guidance on the use of the system.
- Plan and coordinate the organization of Human Resource events including staff development and training activities in coordination with the Staff Development and Learning Unit and maintain updated records. Participate in assessments of staff training and development needs.
- Identify areas for improvement and highlight them to the supervisor; provide inputs for new procedures to complement or to adapt existing ones taking into consideration the specific needs of the office. Assist in analyzing and resolving sensitive cases by collating background information, preparing summaries and sharing best practices. Provides comments on interpretation
- Provide information to managers and staff in respect of rights, responsibilities, code of conduct and difficulties associated with work and entitlements; evaluate causes of problems or constraints and propose solutions; analyze and make recommendations for atypical or unprecedented situations involving interpretation or Human Resources policies. Identify, analyze and resolve diverse issues/problems as they arise and suggest appropriate actions.
- Evaluate and recommend improvement of current Human Resources procedures; participate in discussions on new/revised procedures and practices and assess the impact of changes and make recommendations
- Handle all enquiries on Human Resources matters; provide explanation to staff entitlements and Human Resources policies, rules and regulations.
- Participate in inter-agency Human Resources related working groups as assigned.
- Guide, coordinate and supervise the work of staff in the unit.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High School diploma with seven years of relevant experience; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or related field with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Fluency in English (oral and written) and Vietnamese is required.
Required CompetenciesThe incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – Behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies - Behavioural indicators – Level 2
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the Organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their leadership and professional potential.
- Empowering others: Creates an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Building Trust: Promotes shared values and creates an atmosphere of trust and honesty.
- Strategic thinking and vision: Works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Humility: Leads with humility and shows openness to acknowledging own shortcomings.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- Only candidates residing in the country will be considered. A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:All interested candidates should download and complete an IOM Personal History Form from the IOM Viet Nam website at vietnam.iom.int
Completed applications, including IOM Personal History Form, application letter, and copies of diplomas and certificates, recommendation letters, etc. may be delivered to the IOM Sub-Office in Ho Chi Minh City at 1B Pham Ngoc Thach, District 1, or submitted electronically to iomvietnamHR@iom.int.