Position Title: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer (Viet Nam)
Summary of Role
The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union) seeks a Senior M&E Officer for a two-year capacity development grant with the Vietnam Tobacco Control Fund (VNTCF). The purpose of the grant is to improve health outcomes by strengthening the national and provincial-level systems for implementing and enforcing tobacco control policies and initiatives. The position will be based at the VNTCF office and will work closely with VNTCF staff, as well as The Union’s Viet Nam team and other local and international partners. The position will report to the Deputy Director of the VNTCF and Deputy Director of Tobacco Control, The Union.
The Senior M&E Officer will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining a M&E system that excels in capturing and reporting progress in achieving program implementation, outcomes, and results for Viet Nam’s national tobacco control program. S/he will support VNTCF/Ministry of Health to build long-term capacity in M&E and to strengthen the institutions and infrastructure of VNTCF and its national tobacco control program.
- Strengthen and expand network of members of M&E advisory group and provide secretariat and administrative support;
- Oversee M&E capacity strengthening of the VNTCF, including hiring and management of consultant and trainers, coordination of a M&E capacity assessment, and development and implementation of a central and provincial-level training program;
- Assist in the creation of a knowledge base for M&E for tobacco control, including hiring and management of a consultant, overseeing consultation process with stakeholders, development of a M&E manual, and designing and maintaining a knowledge platform;
- Liaise with key departments within the Ministry of Health to coordinate the evaluation of the previous National Tobacco Control Strategy and the VNTCF, support the development of the next 10-year National Tobacco Control Strategy, and lead the development of the M&E framework and research agenda;
- Provide coaching to VNTCF staff of M&E Unit to develop competencies in M&E, including strategic planning approaches, and evidence-based programming and policy development.
- Advanced university degree in public health, social sciences, development or related areas;
- At least five years of relevant experience in M&E, preferably in the health sector;
- At least three years of proven experience related to: use of a logic models approach and other strategic planning approaches; M&E methods and approaches (including quantitative, qualitative and participatory); Planning and implementation of M&E systems; Information analysis and report writing;
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative data analysis, data management (maintaining a data base, quality control measures) and in the presentation of results for the identification of best practices and to inform decision-making;
- Knowledge and strong foundation in program planning, implementation, management and evaluation;
- Knowledge and experience working with government and civil society organizations at national and provincial levels;
- Supervisory experience;
- Experience working with international organizations a plus;
- Good communication skills in English (written and spoken);
- Vietnamese nationals.
- Ensure all project activities are implemented as per workplan and that all project deliverables are produced and delivered in a timely manner and with high quality;
- Prepare annual, quarterly and monthly workplans;
- Prepare project reports as required by The Union;
- Prepare project paper works and work closely with designated VNTCF administrative and financial staff to comply with VNTCF administrative and financial procedures;
- Lead the development and implementation of an M&E system, including designing data collection forms, facilitating data collection, analysis, and reporting;
- Monitor project activities and assess the progress towards achievement of results at the outcome (strategy) and output (activity) levels, and prepare timely reports to VNTCF and The Union, recommending any corrective measures necessary to achieve goals;
- Manage project finances.
Capacity building and systems strengthening
- Provide secretariat support and facilitation of meetings of the VNTCF M&E Advisory Group;
- Organize the assessment of VNTCF M&E capacity, including developing Terms of Reference (ToR), recruitment and management of consultants;
- Work closely with VNTCF to organize the training workshops to build capacity for VNTCF and tobacco control network, including conducting training needs assessments with trainers, supporting logistical preparation for the trainings and providing follow-up support to trainees;
- Guide the monitoring of the effectiveness of these training workshops within the overall performance of the tobacco control program;
- Provide support to VNTCF in their M&E functions as requested by VNTCF. Identify gaps and propose corrective actions for M&E for VNTCF and tobacco control systems.
- Work closely with M&E team at VNTCF and provide coaching in the area of M&E.
Development of 10-year strategic plan on tobacco control
- Work closely with VNTCF to support the development of the 10-year strategic plan on tobacco control for Viet Nam and coordinate the development of an M&E framework for the strategy;
- Organize the evaluation of VNTCF, including development of the methodology, recruitment of consultants and overseeing the reporting;
- Develop M&E framework for the strategy.
Communication and knowledge management
- Coordinate the development of the research agenda for VNTCF;
- Coordinate the development of a manual on M&E for tobacco control program;
- Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required;
- Provide the Union and VNTCF leadership with any requested management information;
- Check that monitoring data are discussed in appropriate forums and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, lead such discussions to fill any gaps;
- Document results of the project and produce periodic reports required by Union and the donor.
How to apply
Please submit resume and cover letter to Huynh Lan Phuong at email@example.com by 5pm March 14th, 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a phone interview.
About the Organizations:
For nearly 100 years, The Union has been working to advance solutions to the most pressing public health challenges facing people in poverty around the world. We began as an alliance of experts working to cure tuberculosis, and have since extended our remit to related public health challenges with a focus on serving low- and middle-income populations. Tobacco use is a leading risk factor for chronic lung diseases, as well as cancers, cardiovascular diseases and diabetes; tobacco control is therefore vital to The Union’s mission and the Department of Tobacco Control is one of four key technical departments within The Union.
The Union is an influential network of members, including over 850 staff based in 10 offices, and 25,000 rural health care providers, 15,000 community volunteers and thousands of partner organisations worldwide. As well as being a scientific institute, The Union is also a federation, with thousands of members active in 147 countries. Our membership forms a global network of experts – individuals and organisations – collaborating to create and share new research and to build capacity for increasing the quality and success of our work to improve public health. Members affiliate by region so that they can work together to address common challenges.
The Viet Nam Tobacco Control Fund (VNTCF):
As stipulated in the Law on the Prevention and Control of Tobacco Harms, VNTCF was established since July 2013. VNTCF is a national fund under the arm of the Ministry of Health (MOH) and is subjected to state financial management by Ministry of Finance (MOF). VNTCF was formed as a national fund that provides financial support mechanism for a long-term and recurrent budget. It aims to support short-, medium- and long-term strategies and a wide range of activities on the prevention and control of tobacco harms on a nationwide scale.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/01/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
31/01/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
07/02/2021Foundation of Youth Empowerment
28/02/2021The World Bank
09/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam