Vacancy Announcement with The Union’s Tobacco Control Department
For nearly 100 years, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union) has been working to advance solutions to the most pressing public health challenges facing people in poverty around the world. We began as an alliance of experts working to cure tuberculosis, and have since extended our remit to related public health challenges with a focus on serving low- and middle-income populations. Tobacco use is a leading risk factor for chronic lung diseases, as well as cancers, cardiovascular diseases and diabetes; tobacco control is therefore vital to The Union’s mission and the Department of Tobacco Control is one of four key technical departments within The Union.
The Union is an influential network of members, including over 850 staff based in 10 offices, and 25,000 rural health care providers, 15,000 community volunteers and thousands of partner organizations worldwide. As well as being a scientific institute, The Union is also a federation, with thousands of members active in 147 countries. Our membership forms a global network of experts – individuals and organizations – collaborating to create and share new research and to build capacity for increasing the quality and success of our work to improve public health. Members affiliate by region so that they can work together to address common challenges.
In Viet Nam, the Union has been working closely with the Viet Nam Tobacco Control Fund (VNTCF), Ministry of Health and other partners to provide technical support in different areas of tobacco control. We are looking for suitable candidates to fill the following position:
Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
The Senior M&E Officer will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining a M&E system that excels in capturing and reporting progress in achieving program implementation, outcomes, and results for Viet Nam’s National Tobacco Control Program. S/he will support VNTCF/Ministry of Health to build long-term capacity in M&E and to strengthen the institutions and infrastructure of VNTCF and its national tobacco control program. Full job description is attached.
· Advanced university degree in public health, social sciences, development or related areas;
· At least five years of relevant experience in M&E, preferably in the health sector;
· At least five years of proven experience related to: use of a logic models approach and other strategic planning approaches; M&E methods and approaches (including quantitative, qualitative and participatory); Planning and implementation of M&E systems; Information analysis and report writing;
· Demonstrated skills in quantitative data analysis, data management (maintaining a data base, quality control measures) and in the presentation of results for the identification of best practices and to inform decision-making;
· Knowledge and strong foundation in program planning, implementation, management and evaluation;
· Knowledge and experience working with government and civil society organizations at national and provincial levels;
· Supervisory experience; Ability to work independently with little supervision;
· Experience working with international organizations a plus;
· Good communication skills in English (written and spoken);
· Vietnamese nationals.
Apply via email to email@example.com by October 5th, 2020. Please indicate the position you apply in the subject line.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
23/12/2020The European Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (EuroCham)
31/01/2021World Health Organization (WHO)
18/12/2020Save the Children International
08/12/2020Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
08/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Truyền thông Vì sự phát triển bền vững
29/11/2020Mines Advisory Group (MAG)
06/12/2020Viet Nature Conservation Centre
01/12/2020Investing in Women
30/11/2020Medical Committee Netherlands - Vietnam (MCNV)