Senior Power Sector Planning Specialist, USAID Mekong Safeguards
Program area: Environmental Resilience
Deadline: July 2, 2021
The Asia Foundation’s Thailand office is seeking a qualified, talented consultant for a power sector planning specialist for the USAID Mekong Safeguards program.
The senior power sector planning specialist will jointly lead USAID Mekong Safeguards, a program under a unique strategic regional collaboration initiative between the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) reporting to the chief of party for USAID Mekong Safeguards.
USAID Mekong Safeguards is a five-year project working with major banks, governments, and developers in China, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, and Myanmar on large energy and transportation infrastructure investments to strengthen environmental and social standards and adopt clean technologies in Southeast Asia’s Lower Mekong Subregion. The program is an exciting opportunity to support new and improved ways governments, financiers, developers, and CSO’s can invest and build sustainable energy and transportation infrastructure. Through the USAID-DFAT collaboration, the size of the program is $10.6 million.
The senior power sector planning specialist is a vital specialist role for the program. This consultant will lead a team advising and liaising with government, utilities and energy authorities in Thailand, Laos and Vietnam. The primary purpose is to advise government on incorporating environmental, social and governance standards into strategic and long-term government energy sector planning.
Though based in Bangkok, there may be opportunities to travel to countries across the Greater Mekong Subregion, including China, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia and Myanmar. S/he will report directly to the chief of party, USAID Mekong Safeguards
- Advise government on incorporating environmental, social and governance standards into strategic and long-term government energy sector planning.
- Conduct demand-side scenario analysis for government power development plans.
- Produce government-facing presentations and reports on power development planning with the goal of impacting decision-making on energy infrastructure procurement.
- Organize and collaborate with teams in Thailand, Laos and Vietnam, and with firms in the United States.
- At least 10 years of experience in power sector planning, preferably working with utilities or government energy authorities. Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Energy Policy or similar technical field.
- Fluent English speaking, reading and writing; knowledge of Thai or Lao desirable.
- Strong willingness to conduct work in-the-field, sometimes, in rural areas.
- Experience with USAID and/or DFAT preferred.
- Experience in managing programs or initiatives to support regional cooperation or regional policy agendas in Asia.
- Ability to work under pressure and against hard deadlines.
- Experience working in Thailand is preferred.
- Women are highly encouraged to apply.
- Location in Bangkok, Thailand preferred; Asia Pacific-based international a possibility.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV by July 2, 2021 to email@example.com with the position title listed in the subject line. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/M/F/D/V. No phone calls, please.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
10/08/2021Batik International Việt Nam