Program area: Environmental Resilience
Deadline: July 5, 2021
The Asia Foundation’s Thailand office seeks a qualified, talented candidate for senior program officer for USAID Mekong Safeguards.
USAID Mekong Safeguards is a five-year, $8.6 million project working with major banks, governments, and developers in China, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, and Myanmar on large energy and transportation infrastructure investments to strengthen environmental and social standards and adopt clean technologies in Southeast Asia’s Lower Mekong Subregion. The program is an exciting opportunity to support new and improved ways governments, financiers, developers, and CSOs can invest and build sustainable energy and transportation infrastructure.
The senior program officer will manage regional and bilateral projects and activities under USAID Mekong Safeguards, driving progress toward sustainable energy and transportation infrastructure across Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos and Myanmar. They will support strategic planning and analysis, budgetary development, communications and stakeholder relations with governments, banks, developers and communities affecting energy and transportation infrastructure in the subregion.
Though based in Bangkok, there may be opportunities to travel to countries across the Greater Mekong Subregion, including China, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, and Myanmar. S/he will report directly to the chief of party.
- Work symbiotically with the USAID Mekong Safeguards team to drive the adoption of sustainable infrastructure development bilaterally and regionally across the Lower Mekong.
- Advise the chief of party and deputy chief of party on strategic pathways to achieving programmatic goals, including quarterly and annual work plan development.
- Manage work implemented by a portfolio of consultants, sub-awards, and sub-contracts, ensuring clear and constant communication of expectations and monitoring of progress towards goals. This includes offering informational and relational support through USAID contacts, and secondary networks, to bolster resources available to consultants, sub-awards, and sub-contracts.
- Collaborate on team projects and duties which include deliverable-specific project teams, such as special reports, contact database management, horizon analysis, and event planning and implementation.
- Strategically analyze regional and bilaterally issues affecting infrastructure development and national sustainability goals, specifically, energy and transportation infrastructure impacts on the environment and society. This includes analysis of mechanisms for enhancing environmental, social governance standards, environmental and social impact assessments, and specific best practices.
- Act as an expert consultant and liaison with partners, including other USAID projects and donors, multilateral organizations, private and public banks, chambers of commerce, and local and national government officials.
- At least 7 years of experience in power sector planning, preferably working with utilities or government energy authorities.
- Masters degree in administration, policy, development, international affairs, energy, transportation or similar field.
- Fluent English speaking, reading, and writing; knowledge of Thai or Lao desirable.
- Experience with USAID and/or DFAT preferred.
- Experience in managing programs or initiatives to support regional cooperation or regional policy agendas in Asia.
- Ability to work under pressure and against hard deadlines.
- Experience working in Thailand is preferred.
- Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV by July 5, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title listed in the subject line. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/M/F/D/V. No phone calls, please.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
10/08/2021Batik International Việt Nam