Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is looking for a qualified Vietnamese candidate to join our Country Program.
Job Title: Senior Program Officer
Duration: 6 months (April 2021 – September 2021)
Reports To: Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation Program Manager
CRS is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS has been operating in Vietnam since 1994. In partnership with Government, Civil Society and Communities, CRS implements programs in 9 provinces/cities in Vietnam. The Vietnam Program has a diverse funding base in the sectors of Emergency, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Climate Change Adaptation; Disabilities; Mine Risk Education and Landmine Survivors’ Assistance.
As a lead for the Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation Programteam, you will facilitate the achievement of project objectives through coordinating and reporting on all project activities and providing technical guidance and advice to staff and implementing partner(s) advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your coordination and relationship management skills will ensure that the project for which you are responsible applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Organize and lead the implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices, specifically:
- Inclusive community-based disaster risk management in rural and urban areas including disaster resilient shelter component
- Emergency responses to meet the life-saving needs, immediate to the vulnerable households in affected communities and build back better focusing on cash transfer programming
- Customized agro-climate forecast and information system for climate resilient agriculture model
- Ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle. Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and guiding partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences. Analyze implementation challenges and report any inconsistencies and/or gaps to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Coordinate and oversee working relationships with all local project stakeholders and serve as the liaison between them and the project team to mobilize local actors and promote project activities and impact.
- Supervise and perform ad-hoc inspections of various processes and resources at project sites to ensure timely project activities implementation and adherence to established process standards and procedures. Ensure proper tracking of resource use for project activities through periodic budget reviews and follow-up with and assistance to implementing partner.
- Support and coordinate capacity building and technical support activities to ensure assigned project activities are implemented per project guidelines and standards.
- Coordinate provision of any logistical and administrative support to staff and partners.
- Ensure project documentation for assigned activities is complete with all required documents and is filed per agency and donor requirements.Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and documentation of case studies and promising practices
- Bachelor's Degree required. Degree in International Relations or in the field of Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation would be a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in project support, ideally in the field of Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation and for NGOs.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
Required Languages - List languages required to perform the job
Travel- include percentage of required travel, if applicable. Could be stated as Must be willing and able to travel up to 30-40 %.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Experience working with partners, participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Staff supervision experience a plus.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: none
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal:Country Manager, Sub-regional Head of Program, Headquarter/Regional Technical Advisors, MEAL Manager, Program Managers, Peer-Senior Project Officers, Shelter Technical Officers, Project Assistant, Administrative and Finance staff.
- External: Local partner staff, local technicians, construction workers/masons, community members, consultants
Individuals interested in this job are invited to submit your applications via email to Catholic Relief Services at: email@example.com;
Applications in English should include:
- Curriculum Vitae with name and contact information of three references
- Application Letter
- Copies of degrees, certificates
Deadline for submission: 25 Mar 2021
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity EmployerCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
28/04/2021Fauna & Flora International
30/04/2021Đại sứ quán Hoa Kỳ
16/04/2021Save the Children
20/04/2021GGGI - The Global Green Growth Institute
All year roundGIZ
19/04/2021World Vision International (WVV)