As part of the Governance and Civil Society programme, Oxfam in Vietnam is seeking a qualified Vietnamese candidate for the position of Senior programme & grant manager (SPM) for Justice Initiatives Facilitation Fund of the EU Legal and Judicial Empowerment Programme in Viet Nam (EU JULE JIFF). SPM will ensure effective delivery of the JULE JIFF programme through provision of high quality overall management of project cycle from planning, implementation, Monitoring & Evaluation, to documentation of project results and learning.
Team matrix structure: the post holder is part of the Oxfam in Vietnam Governance team, for JULE JIFF he/she works under management of the Head of governance program cum JIFF’s team leader in close coordination and in consultation with a senior team consisting of a senior research and governance advisor, a senior civil society capacity development advisor, a MEL specialist, a communication and media specialist; a programme and funding coordinator; and, with global advisors and consultants.
Contract: Fixed term, 2 years with possibility of extension
Reporting to: Head of Governance Programme/Deputy Country Director
Based in: Hanoi with frequent travel
· Provide overall management of day to day implementation as well as M&E, Accountability and Learning of the programme toward achievement of agreed objectives.
· Oversee the entire grants contracting process, coordinating, tracking and monitoring of grant data and metrics, and ensure grantee compliance and support within the entire programme.
· Ensure overall quality assurance and risk management of the programme, monitor closely against deliverables and to manage the agreement of any changes to those, and report those.
· Provide leadership and strategic direction to the team on programme activities planning and design based on the agreed overall programme framework.
· Establish and facilitate multi-stakeholders cooperation bringing together JIFF grantees, provincial authorities and line ministries.
· Facilitate the formation of provincial networks
· Supervise and contribute to the co-ordination of programme cross-cutting issues
· Represent the programme at appropriate internal and external events as required
· Coordinate the development of policy briefs and documentation of lessons learned
· Ensure the provision of technical support, capacity building and advice to partners on organisation development, communications, media and advocacy, gender mainstreaming, conflict resolution/consensus building, fund raising and fund management; ensure innovation and learning are fully embedded in the support provided.
· Ensure internal financial management and that of sub-contractors satisfy Oxfam and donor requirements.
· Monitoring of overall project funds - projecting cost to achieve each deliverable, regularly reviewing, ensuring a multi-year project financial picture.
· Participate and contribute as a member of the Country Leadership Team in the overall planning and management of Oxfam programme in Vietnam and represent Oxfam Governance Programme at internal and external events as required.
Skills, experience and knowledge
- Master’s degree in law, public policy, development or/and management; experience in legal reform/justice sector is a must.
- Minimum 8 years of work experience in senior programme management role.
- Minimum five years of practical experience with grant management.
- Substantial knowledge of political/social/economic development, in-depth understanding of Vietnamese political system, policy making and monitoring processes in Vietnam.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience to work on governance related programme, Vietnamese legal and judicial system, particularly cooperation with the local authorities at provincial level, Ministry of Justice and other ministries.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience to work with Vietnamese civil society, civil society networks and coalitions, and with mass organisations.
- Substantial experience in policy advocacy and influencing; experience of supporting and facilitating multi-stakeholder platforms for collective action.
- Strong conceptual, analytical and strategic thinking; Ability to analyse development context and driving factors;
- Ability to ‘think politically’ by understanding motivations, pressures and challenges faced by different actors.
- Proven experience and skills in strategic planning in development context.
- Practical knowledge and experience of projects design, report writing, developing training and IEC materials, advocacy and inter-agency networking and coordination.
- Sound experience in managing and monitoring development projects, including partnership management.
- Sound understanding of and high agility in working in complex structure internally and externally
- Sound experience in capacity building and good facilitation skills.
- Good analytical thinking skills and abilities to influence others.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women's rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
- Outstanding social and intercultural skills
- High level of written and spoken English
- Good computer skills (writing and spreadsheet programmes).
- Willingness to travel frequently and to remote areas of Vietnam.
In addition, you need to
- Be a team player;
- Have good social and interpersonal skills;
- Be able to work across boundaries and enable cooperation among different groups/actors;
- Be able to work under pressure in response to changing needs.
Gross Annual Salary Range: VND 684,660,222 – VND 999,980,490
How to apply
Interested candidates can send your application including motivation letter and curriculum vitae and mentioning reference number SPMJIFF210101 to HR.Vietnam@oxfam.org.
The closing date for application: 21st March 2021
We regret that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
24/10/2021Preferred by Nature,
30/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
29/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
Consultant for Data Analysis for the project “Strengthening access to online skills training for young workers in Viet NamIOM
22/10/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF)
24/10/2021Save Vietnam's WIldlife
All year roundMCNV
25/10/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
12/12/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
Consultancy to Study the Feasibility and Create a “Turnkey” Bakery Business Concept for Young EntrepreneursIECD
25/10/2021Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Ứng dụng Khoa học về Giới – Gia đình – Phụ nữ và Vị thành niên (CSAGA)