As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. On behalf of the German Government, GIZ currently provides advisory services to the Government of Viet Nam in three priority areas: Vocational training, Environmental policy and sustainable use of natural resources, and Energy. For further information, please visit www.giz.de/viet-nam.
With the ‘Macroeconomic Reform/Green Growth Programme’, GIZ directly links these priority areas of activity with Viet Nam’s Green Growth Strategy in order to achieve lasting impacts in all sectors and facilitate Viet Nam’s progress towards a sustainable future.
The programme aims at two principle objectives: (i) The Government of Viet Nam implements measures and actions which are well-oriented to support the environmentally and socially responsible growth in the framework of the Viet Nam’s Green Growth Strategy; and (ii) the macroeconomic stability is improved and capacity of government agencies is enhanced for better implementation of economic and social policies thereby contributing to the equitable and sustainable growth process in Viet Nam.
In this regard, Component “Effective Coordination of Green and Inclusive Growth Policies” of the Programme aims at improving the coordination capacity of the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI) in the area the of green and inclusive growth. Main activities include enhancing the effectiveness of green growth and sustainable development strategy/action plans, developing and using statistical indicators for monitoring and evaluation of such policies, integrating more sustainable dimensions into the socio-economic development plan (SEDP), and formulating the policy framework for mobilising public and private resources for green growth objectives and sustainable development goals.
The Component is looking for a qualified national candidate to fill the following position:
Senior Programme Officer – “SED_MPI Component”
Duty station: Hanoi, Vietnam
Duration: ASAP until 31.12.2022
- The coordination and management of technical inputs from the component team, within the programme’s assigned intervention area, and in accordance with the overall objectives of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, the GIZ country office to Viet Nam, the programme as well as internal agreements and/or consultations with the direct supervisor
- The technical focal point for the programme implementation including process facilitation and technical advisory for the ministries and core institutions within the assigned intervention area
- The supervision and management of the implementation of activities within the context of the programme
- Management of strategic and operative matters, notably progress monitoring, project management, communication and other assignments related to resolving bottlenecks and ensure frictionless implementation
- Coordination of knowledge management as well as support of communication and monitoring and evaluation (M&E)
- Master’s degree from a recognised university, ideally an overseas university, in the field of economics, environmental economics or environmental science or management or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the area of economic development or environmental economic analysis, including economic policy formulation and/or economic modelling with good knowledge of green economy and climate change issues including its stakeholder landscape;
- Broad experience in advising public sector institutions (e.g. ministries, agencies, etc.) in economic development issues;
- Good knowledge and experience of the structure and organisation of Vietnamese ministries and institutions
- Good knowledge/ Proven experience of the national institutions and international organizations working on green economy
- Experience in project management;
- Native language speaker (Vietnamese) and excellent English language skills (both spoken and written), good knowledge of German is an asset;
- Ability to provide substantive, clear and concise written contributions to reports and materials;
- Strategic thinking: ability to think long-term implications of approaches, decisions and actions;
- Experience in communication and relating with people of diverse cultures and at all levels of a hierarchical organization and constructively cooperate with colleagues;
- Understanding of programme’s M&E and communications;
- Ability to transmit complex topics in a user-oriented way.
Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions with a friendly and creative working environment, open corporate culture, competitive benefits and compensation and good policies of training and development.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam), before 03rd July 2021.
Note: Please state the following in the subject line: "Application for the Senior PO “SED_MPI Component” The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please complete all the information in GIZ Application form with link download here: https://bit.ly/3fgNWHq.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURE
18/08/2021Save the Children
18/08/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
20/08/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
15/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia