Job title: Senior Project Officer
Department: Disability Program
Job band: 8
Reports to: Disability Program Manager
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Deadline for submission: 18 November 2021
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
With funding support from USAID through a local prime organization, Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD), CRS entered into a partnership with ACDC, a local organization to implement the project of “Increasing inclusion and independent living for persons with disabilities in Binh Dinh and KonTum”. The objective of the project is to build social connection for persons with disabilities through a home-based care model and facilitation of independent living.
As a lead for theInclusion II- Package II Project, you will facilitate the achievement of project objectives through coordinating and reporting on all project activities and providing technical guidance and advice to staff and implementing partner(s) advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your coordination and relationship management skills will ensure that the project for which you are responsible applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Organize and lead the implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle. Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and guiding partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences in home-based care and social support to persons with disabilities. Analyze implementation challenges and report any inconsistencies and/or gaps to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Coordinate and oversee working relationships with all local project stakeholders (in Binh Dinh and KonTum) and serve as the liaison between them and the project team to mobilize local actors and promote project activities and impact.
- Supervise and perform ad-hoc inspections of various processes and resources at project sites to ensure timely project activities implementation and adherence to established process standards and procedures. Ensure proper tracking of resource use for project activities through periodic budget reviews and follow-up with and assistance to implementing partner.
- Support and coordinate capacity building and technical support activities with focus on home-based care to persons with disabilities, using ICT for project implementation (e.g virtual training, workshop facilitation) to ensure assigned project activities are implemented per project guidelines and standards.
- Directly implement certain project Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) activities, with a focus on monitoring in Binh Dinh and KonTum provinces. Collaborate with local partner(s) to prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
- Coordinate provision of any logistical and administrative support to staff and partners.
- Assist Program Manager in providing in overall health technical assistance for project activities in both Binh Dinha and KonTum including development of terms of reference (TOR) of project consultants, providing health technical inputs (with more focus on home-based care and care outcome measurement) to project activity planning, monitoring of project results and working with consultants and relevant partners to ensure the project outcomes.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Degree in Public Health or Medical Degree (preferable in Nursing or Rehabilitation profession.), or Disability studies or Social work.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in project support, ideally in the field of disability, health system strengthening is required and experience in rehabilitation, direct service delivery, health technical coordination is preferred, and for NGO.
- Additional experience in participatory action planning and community engagement, monitoring projects and collecting relevant data using ICT based platform preferred
Required Languages: Good spoken and written English
Travel: This position is based in Hanoi with maximum 40% travel time to tentative project sites in Binh Dinh and KonTum and as assigned by the Program Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Experience working with partners, participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Staff supervision experience a plus.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data, monitoring projects using ICT based platform preferred
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities (none)
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: Disability program team, finance team, operation team, MEAL, CM and other colleagues
- External: Binh Dinh Department of Health, district health centers, ACDC and consultants (under the close supervision and facilitation of Disability Program Manager).
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Individuals interested in this job are invited to submit your applications via email to Catholic Relief Services at: email@example.com
Applications in English should include:
- Curriculum Vitae with name and contact information of three references
- Application Letter
- Copies of degrees, certificates
Deadline for submission: 18 November 2021
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
13/12/2021Đại sứ quán Nhật Bản
10/12/2021British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
03/01/2022Save the Children
17/12/2021Save the Children
17/12/2021Save The Children
10/12/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
15/12/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
17/12/2021ARISE + Viet Nam
15/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
10/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
13/12/2021The U.S. Mission to Vietnam
12/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
30/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International