The Senior Project Officer (SPO) Child Rights Governance (CRG) works under the guidance and supervision of the Program Manager and in close coordination with partners to ensure effective, efficient and cost-sensitive operations of the “SIDA-funded Strengthening Capacity of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) on Child Rights Governance in Vietnam” Project in the assigned geographical locations.
The SPO will assist to ensure that Save the Children Vietnam activities are consistent with SCI and Members’ programming principles and approaches, draw on good practices and lessons learned, enable children to attain their rights and are compliant with donor regulations.
- Project Management and Technical Support
- Provide support to Project Manager in overall management of sub-grantees’ implementation with high quality and in line with the objectives of the program.
- Ensure that project progress in accordance with subgrant agreement, activities are completed within time and on budget.
- Be responsible for sub-grant management with 2 sub-grantees (TBD).
- Provide technical support to foster the implementation and application of Save the Children CRG common approaches.
- Ensure the project is implemented in ways responsive to the communities, and children in line with Save the Children principles, values and strategic plan and following Save the Children compliance procedures.
- Facilitate a project effective monitoring and evaluation framework and conduct regular field visit to project sites for technical assistance, monitoring and follow-up.
- Support Project Manager in the day-to-day management of the project to ensure an effective, efficient and cost-sensitive management by partner. It includes support to short-term planning, implementation of activities, monitoring/reviewing of activities, reporting through coordination with partner.
- Financial Management
- Provide support to Project Manager in preparing budget phasing and monthly forecast according to approved annual budget for both SC managed budget and sub-grants in coordination with program staff and implementing partners
- Provide support to Project Manager in sub-grant management – in preparing the sub-grant to partners based on the agreed activities, releasing the sub-grant, monitoring the sub-grant and in submitting sub-grant finance report.
- Ensure that SCI and donor finance and procurement policies and procedures are strictly followed by project staff and implementing partners. Report to FSSD any suspected violation of SCI finance and procurement policies and procedure for proper investigation.
- Provide support to Project Manager to facilitate the delivery of direct finance and procurement management support to implementing partners by the finance and procurement team by integrating finance and procurement orientation during kick-off meeting with partners, organizing a regular finance visit and if needed organizing a finance and procurement training to partners during project implementation
- Representation, Partnership and Networking
- Represent SCI’s CRG Programme in relevant CRG forum or theme groups locally and within SCI. With support from Communication Officer, increase and maintain the visibility of SC Vietnam in CRG sector.
- Support Project Manager to establish and maintain network with CRWG and donors working on CRG theme to establish synergy and alliance for any advocacy initiative
- Support Project Manager in coordination and maintain strong relationship with MOLISA to ensure that SC CRG program is in line with government priorities and fully supported by government
- Regularly coordinate and collaborate with other sector/thematic teams to strengthen programmatic synergies and impact.
- Monitoring, evaluation, reporting and capacity building
- Lead project-level M&E, including regular monitoring visits to partners to ensure project activities are implemented as per work-plan;
- Lead development of case studies and other project materials;
- Maintain database, records for case studies, photos and other data for project planning and documentation;
- Compile reports from partners for submission to Program Manager and support to produce regular internal and donor reports.
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience, including adjustment on job description.
- Bachelor’s degree in community develop, social work, environment or related field
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least Bachelor Degree in CRG or related field
- Minimum of 5 year experiences working with an INGO environment, including experience directing and implementing programs;
- Demonstrated experience in CRG thematic area and demonstrated experience in capacity building, technical support, advising and documentation of CRG related program;
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in written form in English and Vietnamese
- Excellent people management and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to respond effectively to challenges, and work effectively in a cross culture environment.
- Good understanding of challenges facing vulnerable children and communities in Vietnam;
- Commitment to humanitarian principles/accountability frameworks, especially for work with vulnerable populations;
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds, to motivate and inspire team work;
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think strategically;
- Commitment to and understanding of SCI aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches.
- Flexibility and a sense of humour – ability to work, live and thrive in challenging circumstances;
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness;
- Be both self-confident and humble;
- Experience of working with local government and partners;
- Experience of working in an emergency setting and/or commitment to build that capacity;
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at:
Closing Date for Application: 11th January, 2020
If you have any issues with applying via our system, please send email explaining your troubles to email@example.com
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021Save Vietnam's Wildlife (SVW)
08/02/2021Save the Children