The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise. As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, GIZ is dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world. Together with commissioning parties and partners, GIZ generates and implements ideas for political, social and economic change. GIZ Viet Nam is currently engaged in three priority areas: 1) Vocational training; 2) Environmental policy and sustainable natural resource use; 3) Energy.
For further information, please visit our website: www.giz.de/viet-nam.
German Cooperation has been supporting Viet Nam to restructure its agriculture sector to ensure sustainable rural development, particularly in the Mekong Delta. In continuation of this support, the Viet Nam country package of the global program “Green Innovation Centres in the Agriculture and Food Sector” in Viet Nam (GIC), has been commissioned to support the transition to higher resource efficiency and value creation in Mekong Delta farming systems. A central element of the project is to increase the ability of smallholder farmers and upstream/downstream companies to adopt climate-smart and sustainable innovations that increase incomes, employment, and the quality of produce while reducing their environmental footprint. Through the promotion of innovations and novel business models along the agro-food value chains rice and mango, GIC contributes to farmer’s stable and competitive production, increased incomes through higher product quality and compliance with standards. Businesses up- and downstream of agricultural production improve farmer’s access to diverse services, and stable access to markets.
The project is looking for local qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Senior Project Officer for advocacy and innovation “GIC”
Duty station: Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Duration: Starting ASAP to 30.09.2023, with the possibility of extension
To ensure strong ties with political and development partners, guarantee alignment and synergetic actions, and effective partner interaction at the central level, the Senior Project Officer will be based in GIZ’s green cluster office in Hanoi. He or she is responsible for regular interaction with political partners, especially the project’s implementing Directorate General for Cooperatives and Rural Development of MARD. The Senior PO is also responsible for the engagement with other public, Vietnamese bodies at central level, and with development partners’ agencies in Hanoi.
Through regular meetings, participation in relevant events, screening of reports and information, the Senior PO contributes to the project’s reporting, impact monitoring, knowledge management and visibility, as well as to coordination of actions with third parties. The Senior PO oversees GIC’s support to working groups, and coordination with other parties.
In addition, contribution to the PSAV rice task force is part of the Senior PO’s duties, in close coordination with the team leader. The Senior PO also provides GIZ’s contributions to the knowledge network on cooperative development (NETCOOP) and coordinates with the institutions represented. To harness expertise for the identification, adaptation and promotion of innovations, the Senior PO facilitates the work of value chain-specific advisory boards to provide guidance and advice for the project’s activities, and to prioritize proposals. The SPO derives policy recommendations that are discussed with key stakeholders, and policy recommendations are promoted in collaboration with the partner network.
- Represents the Team Leader Agriculture (TLA) and the agriculture team’s projects counterparts at national and local level as well as national and international partners in the sector, as well as internally within GIZ Hanoi.
- Coordinates with other projects and institutions to identify synergies, and to facilitate integration of best practices and practical experiences into national policy forums and policy formulation processes.
- Assists the TLA in steering and coordinating contributions of national and international partners to the activities and objectives of the agriculture team’s portfolio.
- Coordinates, in close coordination with the TLA and the Green Cluster’s coordinator the planning and progress reporting in the framework of the Vietnamese partner’s requirements.
- Integrates project outputs, experiences and disseminates to partners and other stakeholders.
- Maintains a good, transparent flow of communication and information between all involved stakeholders, and ensures relevant knowledge is made available timely and appropriately.
- Implementation and coordination of the project activities assigned, and ensuring the achievement of progress and results of activities as formulated in the operational plan.
- Coordinating and liaising with partners, consultants and concerned units of GIZ for preparing, implementing, and evaluating activities, including preparation of concepts, TOR, administrative paperwork, etc.
- Actively gathers, files and consolidates relevant information and reports from within and outside GIZ, and ensuring effective knowledge management within the agriculture team, the Green Cluster, and within the partner network.
- Compiles relevant information, data and contents as required for M&E purposes.
- Ensures that the activities are implemented in compliance with GIZ rules and regulations.
- Provides other, ad-hoc support as required (e.g. translation).
- University degree in agronomy, agricultural science, economics, geography, political science, law, engineering, or another academic field of relevance. A Master’s or PhD degree are considered an asset.
- At least 15 years of general professional experience in the domain of rural and agricultural development, in an advisory or public servant capacity. Work experience acquired abroad is considered a strong asset.
- At least 3 years of specific experience in a senior advisor capacity in the context of international cooperation, with proven coordination capacity and relevant accomplishments.
- Profound knowledge of the agricultural policy context, actors, and dynamics.
- In-depth experience with the rice sector and in the Mekong Delta is considered an asset.
- An established network in the sphere of agricultural development and a strong networking capability.
- Strong reporting and facilitation skills and experience with the preparation, planning, budgeting, execution, monitoring of activities and events, including logistics and PR.
- Readiness for frequent business trips to the Mekong Delta, to HCMC, and occasionally abroad, international travel conditions permitting.
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team; ability to work together with people from different sectors (e.g. private sector, ministries, international experts) and cultural backgrounds.
- High-level proficiency of oral and written English and Vietnamese.
- Strong critical, analytical thinking and structured working abilities. Strong work ethic.
- Solid computer skills.
Successful candidates will enjoy professional and dynamic working conditions and good policies of training and development.
Note: Please state the following in the subject line or on the envelope if you wish to apply for one of the positions: “Application for the Senior Project Officer for advocacy and innovation – GIC”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please complete all the information in GIZ Application form with link download here: https://bit.ly/3fgNWHq
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURE
03/10/2021British Embassy Hanoi
Mid-level Training Consultants for Mothers and Aunts to Meet the Asian Program Framework and Trainees' CapabilitiesSOS Vietnam
22/09/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Action to the Community Development Institute (ACDC)
26/09/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy service for Baseline Study of Project "Greening Red Cross and Red Crescent Disaster Risk Reduction: Saving Lives through Working with Nature"American Red Cross
10/10/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
24/09/2021American Red Cross
30/09/2021American Red Cross