As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ currently provides advisory services to the Government of Viet Nam in three priority areas: Vocational training, environmental policy and sustainable use of natural resources, and energy. For further information, please visit www.giz.de/viet-nam .
The project “Promoting sustainability in the textile and garment industry in Asia (FABRIC)” works to improve production and working conditions in the Asian textile and garment industry in Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Pakistan, Myanmar and is currently expanding activities to Viet Nam. FABRIC works with local factories, business associations, relevant ministries, trade unions, civil society and international fashion brands to jointly improve social, environmental and economic conditions in the industry by focusing on the following five areas of work:
- Regional dialogue and knowledge sharing: Putting in place the prerequisites for well-integrated networks to enable dialogue and foster intensive knowledge sharing to help the sector implementing socially responsible, environmentally sound and economically viable business models.
- Cooperation with the private sector: Engage with international buyers to leverage their market power in support of better social and environmental standards, train factory workers and involve suppliers, by means of strategic alliances or integrated development partnerships.
- Social and labour standards: Working with representatives of employers and workers by promoting social dialogue, encouraging the representation of various interests in factories, and supporting the introduction of management systems.
- Gender equality: Creating the conditions for women, who constitute 80% of the workforce in Asian garment factories, to be able to represent their own interests and improve the advisory services available to female employees, e.g. by targeted training measures.
- Environment: Disseminating regional learning experiences and approaches on environmental and resource management in a transnational manner, for example on how to avoid using toxic chemicals or reduce CO 2 emissions in supplier factories.
The project is looking for a qualified national candidate to fill the position:
Senior Project Officer Duty station: Ha Noi, Viet Nam Duration: 01 March 2020 until 31 July 2023
The Senior Project Officer will support the establishment of FABRIC in Viet Nam. This entails building up the local network of partners and identifying and co-designing projects activities that align with FABRIC’s objectives, focusing on environmental aspects in the textile and garment industry. In addition, the Senior Project Officer will support the establishment of relationships with international brands. The Senior Project Officer works as part of a local and international team, with a high degree of autonomy and personal responsibility, and travel frequently to Ho Chi Minh City and potentially in the region.
The Senior Project Officer will assume the following main tasks:
- Manage and develop activities. This includes:
- identification of potential collaboration areas / partners for project interventions in the Vietnamese textile and garment sector
- support preparation, coordination and implementation of project activities
- cooperate closely with partners of FABRIC, such as the Viet Nam Textile and Apparel Association (VITAS), international fashion brands, ministries, industry associations, international organizations, in the implementation of cooperation and facilitate the implementation of interventions
- Engage to management related to other areas of work, also with a view to regional activities taking place in Viet Nam
- Responsible for provision of information/data on activities, objectives and results to the project`s internal monitoring and evaluation system / provide inputs to the project’s reporting
- Provide inputs for preparation of promotional and public relations (PR) materials (presentation slides, factsheets, etc.) to present the project and its results and impacts to different external audiences
- Document project results in the project´s knowledge management system
Communication and networking
- Develop and maintain networks with relevant stakeholders in the private and public sectors in a highly political context, participate in relevant stakeholder meetings and ensure effective communication between the project and stakeholders
- Represent GIZ/FABRIC at local stakeholder events, conferences, steering committee meetings, etc.
- Inform his/her superior about the progress in his field of work and any special issues which arise and deem of relevance for the knowledge of the superior
- University degree in international business administration, economics, political or cultural science, textile engineering, environmental management, or another relevant field of expertise
- At least 5 years of professional experience in related fields of work
- Strong networking capability
- Strong project management skills and experience with the initiation, planning, budgeting, execution, monitoring of projects and other project management tasks
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team; ability to work together with people from different sectors (e.g. private sector, ministries, international experts) and cultural backgrounds, in a sensitive context
- Established network in the textile, garment and footwear sector is considered an asset
- Profound expertise with environmental issues of the Vietnamese garment and textile sector is an asset
- High-level proficiency of oral and written English and Vietnamese
- Solid computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Strong critical, analytical thinking and structured working abilities. Strong work ethic.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application Form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to email@example.com ) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam) before 30th December 2019.
Note: Please state “Application for a Senior Project Officer - FABRIC” in the subject line or on the envelope. The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please complete all the information in GIZ Application form with link download here: https://bit.ly/2PdtLgf
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURE
18/08/2021Lawrence S. Ting Foundation
Post date: 03/08/2021Animal Asia UNDP
30/09/2021ASEAN Youth Organization
15/08/2021Viện Nghiên cứu Quản lý Phát triển bền vững (MSD)
15/08/2021Tổ chức Đại học Pháp ngữ (AUF)
23/08/2021Save the Children