As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. On behalf of the German Government, GIZ currently provides advisory services to the Government of Viet Nam in three priority areas: Vocational training, Environmental policy and sustainable use of natural resources, and Energy. For further information, please visit www.giz.de/viet-nam.
The Mekong Delta Climate Resilience Programme (MCRP) (2019-2021) is a technical cooperation programme, jointly funded by the governments of Viet Nam and Germany and implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ). Its objective is to support the Vietnamese authorities on their path for a sustainable development of the Mekong Delta through the climate-resilient management of natural resources along the coast. MCRP focuses on three working areas:
- Governance support for national level and 13 Mekong Delta provinces: support the establishment of an institutional framework for regional coordination in the Mekong Delta
- Investment policy for national level and 13 Mekong Delta provinces: support the improvement of investment planning and coordination for a climate-resilient and gender-sensitive land and water use management including coastal protection for the Mekong Delta
- Technology and solutions for seven coastal provinces and An Giang province of the Mekong Delta to intensify the use of innovative and climate-adapted technologies and solutions
MCRP has a comprehensive workplan focused on three key areas: land-use and agriculture, water, and regional coordination in the Mekong Delta. To effectively carry out the programme activities, additional human resources are required.
The Mekong Delta Climate Resilience Programme (MCRP) is thus looking for a qualified local professional for the following positions:
Senior Project Officer “MCRP” – No. 2
Duty station: Ha Noi, Vietnam
Duration: ASAP to 31.12.2023
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of MCRP’s operation plan and strategic planning; and in particular prepare and implement MCRP’s regional coordination group’s operation plan and contribute to the group’s strategic planning;
- Managing cooperation with Vietnamese partners according to the regional coordination group’s objectives, workplan and team agreements including:
- The Department of the Local Territories in the Central Economic Commission (CEC), of the Central Committee of the Communist Party
- The Committee for Science, Technology and Environment (CST&E) in the National Assembly
- The Department of Planning (DoP) in the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD)
- General Department for the Environment in the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment
- Provincial institutions including relevant departments including: PPC, DPI, DARD and DoNRE
- Managing, independent advice, advocacy and technical supervision of the following:
- Implementation of activities outlined in MoUs/agreements signed with CEC, CSTE, relevant department/s in MoNRE and DoP.
- Implementation of activities outlined in implementation plans signed with the 13 PPCs relevant to sub-regional mechanisms, working groups on disaster risk management (DRM) in the Mekong Delta
- Facilitate the integration of urban and rural sectors in a practical and sustainable regional approach in areas including DRM, nature-based solutions and coastal and riverbank erosion.
- With CEC and Soc Trang, Bac Lieu and Ca Mau provinces, support the establishment of the sub-regional coordination mechanism for the development oin the Ca Mau Peninsular
- Cooperate with experts from MCRP’s thematic groups to share experiences and establish collaboration on related issues
- Work independently to develop approaches, methods to carry out tasks and activities according to the regional coordination group’s workplan and safeguard the quality of outputs
- Discretion in technical decisions to be made and in delegated decisions which may have a long-term effect.
- Assist in the provision of professional advisory services contracted to carry out the activities relevant to DRM, natural based solutions, coastal and riverbank erosion, and integrated urban rural development in the regional coordination workplan and cooperate with a broad range of target groups
- Provide coaching and guidance to staff in lower bands
- Masters/MSc in an area that is related to governance, planning and investment, urban resilience
- At least 7-10 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the Internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Strong communication skills and extensive experience working with national and provincial government partners
- Strong experience in working independently and developing innovative solutions to problems
- Extensive experience working with technical experts in a team and contribute to activities carried out by the team
- Experience in providing guidance to other MCRP staff on regional coordination issues
- Strong managerial and organisational competence
- Willingness to participate in national and provincial level meetings and workshops and regularly travel to the provinces
- Must be able to carry out responsibilities and communicate in English.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions with a friendly and creative working environment, open corporate culture, competitive benefits and compensation and good policies of training and development.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application Form in English (download form HERE) copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (email@example.com) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam), before 31st December 2020.
Note: Please state “Application for the Senior Project Officer “MCRP” – No.2” in the subject line or on the envelope:
The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURECandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/01/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi