Save the Children started our work in Vietnam in 1990, and implements programs in the key thematic areas: Education, Health and Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights and Governance, Child Poverty, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Emergency Response. At present, Vietnam Country Office has programs in 20 out of 63 provinces in Vietnam.
Save the Children in Vietnam continues to develop innovative programming that reflects the overall strategic goal of measurably improving the survival, health, protection and development of Vietnam’s poorest children by strengthening the capacity of women and children, caring adults, communities and partner organizations.
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
Child Safeguarding positioning statement:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
We are looking for Vietnamese national for:
- Vacancy: Senior Project Officer
- Location: Hanoi
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Contribute to the development of SC Vietnam strategic direction in education sector by supporting PM to provide inputs to the CSP, and the thematic strategy in coordination with Education Program Manager and staff involved in education program;
- Support PM to explore and maintain relationships with SC members with interest in education and work closely with Technical Assistance (TA) team from SC members and SCI for program development;
- Actively engage in education program portfolio fund raising in coordination with PM, EPM, Award Manager and SC members designated staff and TAs;
- Ensure that recommendations from beneficiaries, government partners, and donors are considered in education program development;
- Work closely with the project team to capture education project impact and lessons, feedback from beneficiaries and ensure these are integrated in education program development.
Project Management and Technical Support
- Provide support to PM in overall management of project implementation with high quality and in line with the objectives of the country strategy;
- Ensure that project progress in accordance with subgrant agreement, activities are completed within time and on budget;
- Be responsible for sub-grant management with MOET;
- Provide technical support to foster the implementation and application of Save the Children education common approaches (Emergent Literacy and Math & Literacy Boost) in Hai Phong, Quang Binh, Da Nang, Tien Giang and Dong Thap;
- Ensure the project is implemented in ways responsive to the communities, and children in line with Save the Children principles, values and strategic plan and following Save the Children compliance procedures;
- Facilitate a project effective monitoring and evaluation framework and conduct regular filed visit to project sites for technical assistance, monitoring and follow-up;
- Support PM in the day-to-day management of the project to ensure an effective, efficient and cost-sensitive management by partner. It includes support to short-term planning, implementation of activities, monitoring/reviewing of activities, reporting through coordination with partner.
- Support PM in staff management of the designated project and coordination with other projects;
- Coordinate assignments between project staff as requested by PM;
- Provide direct coaching or mentoring to project staff in the implementation of project activities and facilitate their technical capacity building.
- Provide support to PM in preparing budget phasing and monthly forecast according to approved annual budget for both SC managed budget and sub-grants in coordination with EPM, program staff and implementing partners;
- Provide support to PM in sub-grant management - in preparing the sub-grant to partners based on the agreed activities, releasing the sub-grant, monitoring the sub-grant and in submitting sub-grant finance report;
- Ensure that SCI and donor finance and procurement policies and procedures are strictly followed by project staff and implementing partners. Report to FSSD any suspected violation of SCI finance and procurement policies and procedure for proper investigation;
- Provide support to PM to facilitate the delivery of direct finance and procurement management support to implementing partners by the finance and procurement team by integrating finance and procurement orientation during kick-off meeting with partners, organizing a regular finance visit and if needed organizing a finance and procurement training to partners during project implementation.
Representation, Partnership and Networking
- Represent SCI’s Education Programme in relevant education forum or theme groups both locally and internationally and within SCI. With support from Communication Officer, increase and maintain the visibility of SC Vietnam in education sector;
- Support PM to establish and maintain network with INGOS, CSOs and donors working on education theme to establish synergy and alliance for any advocacy initiative;
- Support PM in coordination and maintain strong relationship with MOET to ensure that SC education program is in line with government priorities and fully supported by government;
- Establish and maintain strong relationship with local implementing partners such as government agencies and CSOs for successful project implementation and ensure that government laws, policies and procedures are complied during project implementation (e.g. MoU, project approval from local authority).
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience, including adjustment on job description.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least Bachelor Degree in Education or related field;
- Minimum of 3 years experience working with an INGO environment, including experience directing and implementing programs;
- Demonstrated experience in education thematic area and demonstrated experience in capacity building, technical support, advising and documentation of education related program;
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in written form in English and Vietnamese;
- Excellent people management and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to respond effectively to challenges, and work effectively in a cross culture environment;
- Good understanding of challenges facing vulnerable children and communities in Vietnam;
- Commitment to humanitarian principles/accountability frameworks, especially for work with vulnerable populations;
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds, to motivate and inspire team work;
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think strategically;
- Commitment to and understanding of SCI aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches.
- Flexibility and a sense of humour – ability to work, live and thrive in challenging circumstances;
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness;
- Be both self-confident and humble;
- Experience of working with local government and partners;
- Experience of working in an emergency setting and/or commitment to build that capacity;
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment.
All application packages must be submitted via https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=190004WL&tz=G...
The closing date for application is 5pm on 27 December 2019. Applications will be treated in confidence. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and CVs cannot be returned.
Save the Children is an equal opportunities employer. Our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse, and our people are as diverse as the challenge we face. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, race, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation.
Post date: 03/08/2021Animal Asia UNDP
30/09/2021ASEAN Youth Organization
15/08/2021Tổ chức Đại học Pháp ngữ (AUF)
23/08/2021Save the Children
12/08/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
08/08/2021Save the Children