As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. On behalf of the German Government, GIZ currently provides advisory services to the Government of Viet Nam in three priority areas: Vocational training, Environmental policy and sustainable use of natural resources, and Energy. For further information, please visit www.giz.de/viet-nam.
Viet Nam’s dynamic growth is also reaching rural areas, but at the same time poses a major challenge for the protection of the environment and the preservation of biodiversity. The effects of climate change are significant and the physical exposure, high population density and institutional weaknesses make the coastline and the Mekong Delta in particular vulnerable. The cluster “Environment, Climate Change, Biodiversity” currently comprises a total of four teams in the thematic areas of climate change, coast and water (including agriculture), biodiversity and forests, regional economic integration as well as numerous service packages of global projects, and private public partnerships.
The NDC Transport Initiative for Asia (NDC TIA) is a joint project of seven organisations and will engage in China, India and Vietnam. It aims at promoting a comprehensive approach on decarbonizing transport, i.e. a coherent strategy of effective policies that are coordinated among various sector ministries, civil society and the private sector. In each of the partner countries, the consortium supports countries in facilitating and informing these stakeholder processes and in developing selected climate actions. In Vietnam, the goals of the project are to support the Vietnamese partners on national and city level on enhancing transport mitigation ambition in its 2050 vision and NDC and improving the policy framework for low-carbon transport.
The project requires qualified candidates to fulfil the following position:
Position 2: Senior Project Officer
“NDC Transport Project”
Duty Station: Hanoi, Vietnam Duration: Starting ASAP for 3 years contract
- Implement all related activities of the project areas: MRV and NDC
- Contribute to the project management in achieving the programme´s objectives in Viet Nam
- Provide technical advice to the Ministry of Transport (MOT) on the development of transport and climate change strategies and the quantification of transport related to greenhouse gas emissions reductions
- Provide advice on developing sector/subsector policies and devise a workable plan for the implementation of MRV and NDC in the transport sector
- Coordinate and closely work with other authorities, departments, ministries (MPI, MOIT, MONRE,etc) to support the team leader in developing MRV system and building long term strategy for low carbon transport development
- Prepare Terms of Reference and steer international and national consultants who will partially contribute to the programme´s objectives
- Implement trainings and capacity development measures of partner institutions and personnel
- Promote NDC-TIA and its objectives and activities related to transport in relevant media, events and platforms (e.g. publications, digital platforms, round tables, conferences, other)
- Develop concepts and organise technical meetings, workshops and conferences
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of the project’s activities, prepare reports and presentation material
- Support the project management in the acquisition of additional projects; Provide input for the development of country portfolio where
- Master´s degree in a course related to the environment, transport or climate change,
- At least 10 years of professional experience in sectors of development cooperation and environment/ climate change, including experiences in monitoring and evaluation of related projects, of which at least 3 years of working experience with belonging agencies of MOT and other ministries related to the sector such as MOIT and MONRE
- Technical experiences in project/programme monitoring; familiarity with data entry and analysis
- Extensive and in-depth technical and methodological knowledge in developmental approach, M&E/MRV and management of information systems
- Good skills in training and capacity building
- Experience of working with international and national partners at the central and local levels, INGOs, stakeholders, donors and other projects
- Profound knowledge of Viet Nam’s transport, environment and climate change policy framework, legislation, institutional landscape, relevant implementation structures, responsibilities and planning processes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Vietnamese
- Excellent command of MS-Office
- Good working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems (telephone, fax, e-mail, internet)
- Friendly personality, high motivation, strong personal development skills, with analytical capacities and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to work hard and occasionally on weekends, travel and work in project locations
- Demonstrated ability to work and produce – sometimes under high pressure – high quality outputs with limited supervision and management
- Excellent ability to share knowledge and experience, a good team player and self-management
Successful candidates will enjoy competitive benefits and compensation, a friendly and creative working environment, training and development.
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to send GIZ Application Form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Viet Nam), before 25th September 2020.
Note: Please state the following in the subject line or on the envelope if you wish to apply for one of the positions:
Position 2: Application for the Senior Project Officer – NDC Transport
The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please complete all the information in GIZ Application form with link download here: http://bit.ly/2nyiCY6
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURE
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
08/12/2020Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
08/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Truyền thông Vì sự phát triển bền vững
29/11/2020Mines Advisory Group (MAG)
15/12/2020United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)