Open to Internal and External Candidates (Vietnamese national only)
- Position Title : Senior Reporting Assistant
- Duty Station : Hanoi, Vietnam
- Classification : General Service Staff, Grade 6
- Type of Appointment : Fixed term one year, with possibility of extension
- Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Closing Date: 5PM, 24 July 2022
- Reference Code: VN2022/HN/014 (E)
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Projects and Partnership in IOM Viet Nam and direct supervision of the Reporting Officer, and in collaboration with relevant units in the Country Office, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for supporting the timely and quality reporting, data research for evidence-based proposal development, briefing and correspondence to represent the office program and projects to external partners:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. In close coordination with the project units under the IOM Hanoi Program, support the Reporting Officer with monitoring and reporting activities, including compiling information for reports, drafting and editing reports for internal management, donors, relevant IOM offices and partners.
2. Serve as contact person/link between supervisor and project teams regarding project monitoring and reporting issues and information; on behalf of supervisor, keep others informed by sharing meeting minutes, latest reports and other relevant information that have been finalized; bring sensitive and urgent matters to the attention of the supervisor.
3. Under the overall guidance of the Head of Projects, support the Reporting Officer to develop concept notes and proposals with data research, preparing summary of relevant reports available both internally and externally, to facilitate evidence-based quality work.
4. Support the Reporting Officer to draft correspondence and reply to substantive questions requiring research and independently obtain clarification: conduct research select a variety of information from various sources and present findings in appropriate form under the guidance of supervisor and Head of Projects to support preparation of briefing material for the management review and discussion.
5. Liaise with appropriate project unit staff to support timely submission of inputs to publications, reports and other documentation.
6. Undertake duty travel as needed to conduct activities related to monitoring and evaluation, project support, project reporting, for meetings and to participate in training.
7. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High School diploma with six years of relevant working experience; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in Development Studies or related field with four years of relevant professional experience.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience such as project monitoring and reporting, research, office/clerical works;
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way;
- Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook;
- Knowledge with tools and strategies for data collection and analysis, and production of reports preferred;
Fluency in English and Vietnamese is required. Other relevant languages are an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies: Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Other Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
How to apply:
All interested candidates should download and complete an IOM Personal History Form from the
IOM Viet Nam website at https://vietnam.iom.int/vi Completed applications, including IOM Personal History Form, application letter, and copies of diplomas and certificates, recommendation letters, etc. may be delivered to the IOM Mission Office in Hanoi at 304 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh dist., Ha Noi or submitted electronically to email@example.com referring to this Vacancy Notice’s Position Title.
IOM only accepts profiles with IOM Personal History Form duly completed.
Applications are non-returnable and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Posting period: From 04.07.2022 to 24.07.2022
31/08/2022FIT & IRD VN