BackgroundPlanète Enfants & Développement (PE&D) is a French NGO that implements projects centred on children, their family and community, with a special focus on women and girls. PE&D is today recognized for its experience in the field of early childhood as well as maternal and child health, social work, protection against violence, vocational training and education.
Present in Vietnam since 1992, PE&D has been implementing for more than 15 years education projects for ethnic minority groups in North Vietnam and then moved to the South in 2011 to work on urban poverty issues in HCMC. Projects run from private and public funding sources (specifically the European Union and the French Government Development Agency - AFD).
- Project title: “Contribute to build a support system, in conjunction with local authorities, for victims of child-trafficking in Southern and Central Vietnam”.
- Duty station: HCMC and Phan Thiet – frequent travel to the implemented areas.
- Direct supervisor: Project Manager
- Work duration: 5 days/week – work at weekends may be required sometime.
- Deadline for submission: 30/10/2023
- The senior social worker completes the PSEA on sexual exploitation.
- The senior social worker ensures compliance at all times with the International Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- The senior social worker always acts in the best interests of children and their families.
- The senior social worker will have to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of the information provided by beneficiaries.
- The senior social worker respects closely the method and procedures of the project. The social worker complies with internal regulations of the organization.
DutiesThe Senior Social Worker will work directly with local partners, in particular Ho Chi Minh City Center for Social Work, Education and Vocational training for Youth (CTSE), Capacity Building and Support Centre for Women and Children (CSWC), local authorities such as DOLISA, project beneficiaries and project team under the supervision of the Project Manager. The Senior social worker is the technical focal point of the project. S/he will support the team and partners in assessing/developing/improving their tools and methodologies to identify and support children victims of traffic and exploitation.
The Senior Social worker will contribute to the implementation of the following activities:1/ Providing the social workers of the project with the necessary tools to identify and supportchildren victims of traffic and exploitation, including :
2/ Strengthening the capacities of the project partners, including
- Identify gaps in standard procedures used by partners for identification, follow-up plan for support and reintegration of children victims, case management and propose complementary tools or methodologies
- Design and organize training for partners to strengthen their skills to support children
- Design and writing of the SOP
- Recording children profile, supporting in project data management
3/ Transversal activities
- Regular evaluations of field activities
- Coaching project‘s social workers to conduct surveys to identify child victims of trafficking and exploitation at shelters and or in the community.
- Coaching project‘s social workers to provide immediate prevention and protection, for child victims of trafficking and exploitation.
- Coaching project‘s social workers to provide reintegration support for child victims of trafficking and exploitation.
- Coaching project’s social workers to provide psycho-social support to children families through the family development methodology (counseling, home visits, network of service providers)
- Organize and facilitate case management meetings with social workers of CTSE and CSWC.
- Organize case management meetings between "shelters", local authorities and service providers
- Providing IEC sessions and life and soft skills training sessions for children victims or at risk of child trafficking and coaching partner’s social workers to provide them.
- Coaching project’s social workers in recording children profile
- Recommendation for any technical capacity-building activities
- Collect relevant data and monitor project indicators in project Dashboard.
- Participating in regular meetings with project partners and relevant stakeholders
- Participating in project logistics, event preparation and arrangement
- Participation in transversal activities with the HQ, such as capitalization
Requirements for Senior Social WorkerQualification
Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Master Degree is preferable
Experience working for NGOs
At least 10 years of experience in social work
Experience in working with children and family under difficult circumstances, in particular children victims or at risk of labor sexual exploitation or trafficking.
Experience in orientation and professional counseling
Experience in organizing communication and training sessions
Analytical and problem-solving skills
Training and coaching skills
Ability to work with local partners and local authorities
Excellent communication skills
Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint...)
Good command of English, both written and spoken
Excellent team working ability
Be able to provide internal training/coaching/mentoring social workers of CTSE and CSWC in support for children victims of trafficking and exploitation
Strong organizational skills and liability
How to applyPlease refer to the attached JD for more information.
Interested candidates are invited to submit CV and cover letter in English with the subject line of “Senior Social Worker - candidate full name” to email@example.comPlease note that this position is intended for a Vietnamese national. Early applications by 30 October 2023 are strongly encouraged. While we appreciate all responses, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
US Consulate HCMC
06/10/2023Save the Children
11/10/2023Humanitarian Services for Children of Vietnam (HSCV)
04/10/2023Save the Children
15/10/2023US Embassy Hanoi