Senior Specialist for War Legacies Communications
About Social Impact
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is implementing the USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract. The scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and its implementing partners to implement more efficient, effective, and sustainable programs by (1) improving staff knowledge and skills in Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning & Adapting (CLA); (2) advancing evidence-informed decision-making; (3) strengthening strategic collaboration between staff and local stakeholders.
USAID/Vietnam has asked SI to hire a senior specialist to provide support to USAIDÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s war legacies portfolio for communications and outreach initiatives with illustrative tasks listed below. The selected candidate will need to remain flexible and respond to requests for support from USAID/Vietnam and its Government of Vietnam counterparts.
**Please Note: This position is open to Vietnamese nationals only.**
Roles & Responsibilities
This position will work directly with USAIDA Office of Social Sector Development on tasks related to communications and outreach to help overcome war legacies. Illustrative tasks may include:
- Organizing and facilitating meetings with key Government of Vietnam and US Government stakeholders to reach consensus on communication and outreach priorities.
- Drafting a 3-5 year Master Plan for implementation of the Letter of Intent between USAID and GVN Office 701 for bilateral war legacies communications and outreach activities.
- Identify and/or design specific communications and outreach activities, projects and events for the Master Plan.
- Develop a scope of work for updating Vietnam war remnant museums to more effectively communicate bilateral efforts on overcoming war legacies, to include visits to museums sites and meetings with local authorities.
The senior specialist will need to scope each assignment with USAID/Vietnam. This will include developing a scope in line with Learns template which includes objectives of the assignment, timeline, and responsibilities.
The senior specialist will need to provide a monthly brief on their work in writing and present key accomplishments and next steps monthly to USAID and Learns. USAID/Vietnam will provide approval of the senior specialist\'s deliverables and time allocated for the accomplishment of tasks.
Level of Effort (LOE): Approximately 40 days
Desired start date: As soon as possible
Timeframe: Three months - end of March 2021 to end of June 2021 with possibility of extension
- Master of degree in social development, education, social sciences, public policy or related field or equivalent years of experience with a Bachelors degree;
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience;
- Strong existing relationships with Government of Vietnam and US Government stakeholders;
- Significant experience working on issues related to Vietnam War legacies
- Very strong analytical skills;
- High degree of fluency in written English required and native command of Vietnamese.
The closing date for application: March 22, 2021. Selection and interview will be performed on a rolling basis, and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To apply, please merge both your CV and a cover letter into one word/pdf file and submit it through the online portal.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
Interviews may include a practical test or skill-based demonstration.
To have more information, please click HERECandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
28/04/2021Fauna & Flora International
30/04/2021Đại sứ quán Hoa Kỳ
16/04/2021Save the Children
20/04/2021GGGI - The Global Green Growth Institute
All year roundGIZ
19/04/2021World Vision International (WVV)