Senior Specialist for War Legacies Communications
About Social Impact
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is implementing the USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract. The scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and its implementing partners to implement more efficient, effective, and sustainable programs by (1) improving staff knowledge and skills in Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning & Adapting (CLA); (2) advancing evidence-informed decision-making; (3) strengthening strategic collaboration between staff and local stakeholders.
USAID/Vietnam has asked SI to hire a senior specialist to provide support to USAIDÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s war legacies portfolio for communications and outreach initiatives with illustrative tasks listed below. The selected candidate will need to remain flexible and respond to requests for support from USAID/Vietnam and its Government of Vietnam counterparts.
**Please Note: This position is open to Vietnamese nationals only.**
Roles & Responsibilities
This position will work directly with USAIDA Office of Social Sector Development on tasks related to communications and outreach to help overcome war legacies. Illustrative tasks may include:
- Organizing and facilitating meetings with key Government of Vietnam and US Government stakeholders to reach consensus on communication and outreach priorities.
- Drafting a 3-5 year Master Plan for implementation of the Letter of Intent between USAID and GVN Office 701 for bilateral war legacies communications and outreach activities.
- Identify and/or design specific communications and outreach activities, projects and events for the Master Plan.
- Develop a scope of work for updating Vietnam war remnant museums to more effectively communicate bilateral efforts on overcoming war legacies, to include visits to museums sites and meetings with local authorities.
The senior specialist will need to scope each assignment with USAID/Vietnam. This will include developing a scope in line with Learns template which includes objectives of the assignment, timeline, and responsibilities.
The senior specialist will need to provide a monthly brief on their work in writing and present key accomplishments and next steps monthly to USAID and Learns. USAID/Vietnam will provide approval of the senior specialist\'s deliverables and time allocated for the accomplishment of tasks.
Level of Effort (LOE): Approximately 40 days
Desired start date: As soon as possible
Timeframe: Three months - end of March 2021 to end of June 2021 with possibility of extension
- Master of degree in social development, education, social sciences, public policy or related field or equivalent years of experience with a Bachelors degree;
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience;
- Strong existing relationships with Government of Vietnam and US Government stakeholders;
- Significant experience working on issues related to Vietnam War legacies
- Very strong analytical skills;
- High degree of fluency in written English required and native command of Vietnamese.
The closing date for application: March 22, 2021. Selection and interview will be performed on a rolling basis, and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To apply, please merge both your CV and a cover letter into one word/pdf file and submit it through the online portal.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
Interviews may include a practical test or skill-based demonstration.
To have more information, please click HERE
24/10/2021Preferred by Nature,
30/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
29/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
Consultant for Data Analysis for the project “Strengthening access to online skills training for young workers in Viet NamIOM
22/10/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF)
24/10/2021Save Vietnam's WIldlife
All year roundMCNV
25/10/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
12/12/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
Consultancy to Study the Feasibility and Create a “Turnkey” Bakery Business Concept for Young EntrepreneursIECD