Senior Surveillance Officer, Global Health Security
- Tracking Code 10800
Please submit a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in this position and how you meet the requirements. Application materials must be submitted in English and applicants must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam to be considered and please confirm this in their cover letter. PATH offers a highly dynamic work environment and provides competitive compensation and benefits based on experience. Salary and benefit package are paid in VND.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world's most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH seeks a Senior Surveillance Officer to support a potential CDC-funded project entitled “Enhancing Global Health Security: Strengthening Public Health Surveillance Systems and Preparedness Globally.” The project goal is to build upon activities funded by CDC to support global health security through implementation of surveillance activities that focus on protecting and improving public health globally through strategic planning, policy, strengthening surveillance capacities and systems in coordination with Ministries of Health and other governmental institutions.
The Senior Surveillance Officer will be based in Vietnam and will work closely with country and regional teams in the Greater Mekong Sub-region as well as global teams, and in collaboration with donors as well as national and international project partners. The Senior Surveillance Officer will provide technical leadership and support to the design, implementation, and monitoring of strategies and activities to integrate and strengthen disease surveillance systems within and across countries in the Greater Mekong Sub-region.
This position will operate under management and oversight of the project director based in Vietnam and report to the project director of Global Health Security based in PATH headquarters.
- Provide technical assistance to project partners for activity implementation in strengthening electronic integrated disease surveillance and response systems as well as cross-border surveillance networks.
- Support efforts to improve in real-time reporting, data sharing, and interoperability among surveillance and laboratory systems.
- Support the development and dissemination of surveillance standard operating procedures and guidelines.
- Provide technical assistance to project partners for activity implementation in improving public health surveillance workforce
- Participate in data quality assurance activities.
- Identify issues/challenges and develop strategies for effective implementation.
- Work closely with partners, regional, and country technical leads and other stakeholders to ensure coordinated approach to project implementation.
- Coordinate with the project team on laboratory information system strengthening activities.
- Represent PATH and the project on technical working groups and maintain contacts with other organizations engaged in project activities.
- Support project team members with monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Contribute to preparing reports to CDC and PATH headquarters.
- A graduate degree (masters or higher) in public health, epidemiology, or related field with a focus on infectious disease detection and surveillance. A medical degree is also acceptable although not required.
- A minimum of 6 years relevant experience implementing health systems strengthening projects.
- A minimum of 3 years project management experience with progressive work responsibility.
- Demonstrated skills in collecting, managing, and analyzing data sets.
- Experience with epidemiologic surveillance methodology preferred.
- Experience implementing public health projects including design, M&E, and reporting.
- Proven experience working with the ministries of health, US government donors, NGOs, and the private sector on infectious disease programming.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively with diverse project teams and partners at the local, national, and international level.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and workload management skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written Vietnamese and English.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office Products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Willingness and ability to travel within the Greater Mekong Sub-region as requested up to 35%.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam.
No DeadlineCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
10/08/2021Batik International Việt Nam