IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative
The mission of IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative is to catalyse systemic change through collaborative action and to achieve market transformation for impact at scale. IDH convenes companies, CSOs, governments and others in public-private partnerships. Together we drive the joint design, co-funding and prototyping of new economically viable approaches to realize green & inclusive growth at scale in commodity sectors and sourcing areas. Our approaches are designed to drive sustainability from niche to norm in mainstream markets, delivering impact on Sustainable Development Goals. We focus on creating positive impact on deforestation, living incomes and living wages, working conditions, toxic loading and gender. IDH is supported by multiple European governments (Dutch, Swiss, Danish and Norwegian) and we work together with over 600 companies, CSOs, financial institutions, producer organizations and governments in 11 sectors (apparel, cotton, tea, coffee, spices, aquaculture…) and 11 landscapes in over 50 countries worldwide. IDH is a dynamic and demanding organization of about 200 staff members and permanent consultants at the Headquarter in Utrecht, the Netherlands and several overseas offices and hubs in South America, Asia and Africa.
Starting operating in Vietnam in 2010, IDH has since established strong partnerships with businesses, government and civil society organizations working on coffee, tea, cocoa, spices/pepper, aquaculture and apparel/footwear sectors. Since 2014, IDH also launched an initiative sustainable landscape program aimed at using the public- private approach to addressing the key sustainability issues in the Central Highlands of Vietnam, which plays a key role in the production of several agricultural commodities of aquaculture, rice, fruits and vegetable production in Asia, and indeed in the world. In line with the IDH role of convening and accelerating sustainable production, IDH has been an active member of the Partnership for Sustainable Agriculture in Vietnam (PSAV), initiated by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) under the umbrella of the World Economic Forum (WEF) since 2011. IDH has been recognized as the key contributor for the activities of PSAV and its taskforces, for which IDH has been elected as the Deputy Co-Chair for the Private sector and Co-Chair of the Vietnam PPP Taskforces for Spices, Tea and Agrochemicals.
To strengthen its team in Vietnam, IDH is recruiting a
Senior Tea Program Officer - IDH Vietnam
this position is based in Hanoi
IDH is currently looking for candidates for the position of Senior Tea Program Officer (SPO) to support the development and implementation of Tea program in Vietnam. The position will coordinate and collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders in Public-Private Partnership Taskforce for Sustainable Tea Development in Vietnam (PPP Tea Taskforce), including the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development and its relevant departments and agencies, Vietnam Tea Association, private sector (tea producers, exporters, cooperatives) and civil society organizations as well as investment entities, financial institutes to initiate, and coordinate efforts around creating sustainable tea sector in the country.
The position, based in Hanoi, will report to IDH Vietnam Country Director.
1. Development and implementation of IDH tea program in Vietnam
- Responsible for overall development and implementation of DH tea program in line with IDH global strategy for program.
- Work with key companies to develop business cases/models for and driving sustainable business practices in line with IDH priorities for scale.
- Responsible for delivering the targeted results and impact of the programs at field level with support and guidance from IDH headquarter team.
- Support the strategic planning process, implementation and monitoring of the program.
- Responsible for program reporting with IDH Headquarter team.
2. Stakeholder management and networking
- Act as coordinator of Vietnam Tea PPP Taskforce.
- Represent IDH Vietnam in PPP Tea Taskforce.
- Coordinate for the development and implementation of annual workplan for Tea PPP taskforce.
- Coordinate for the implementation of Tea PPP strategy for 2021-2025.
- Maintain existing contacts with partners and stakeholders and develop new partnerships, especially within Vietnam.
- Responsibility for working on the maintenance and expansion of the IDH network and donor base, supporting colleagues doing similar work and contributing to the further strategic development of IDH in Vietnam.
- Convene and co-lead tea private and government stakeholders of the PPP tea taskforce and represent IDH.
- Drive the roll out of the collective tea program vision and activities, as well as the further engagement and commitment of stakeholders of the sector
3. Fund raising
- Conduct a stakeholder and donor mapping analysis to identify the potential partners and donors to support the scaling of sustainable practices of tea in Vietnam.
- Coordinate for fund raising activities and the development of funding proposals for IDH Vietnam and Tea PPP Taskforce.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of key criteria:
- Minimum Bachelor degree (Master degree is preferred) in economics, agribusiness, development, agriculture or related fields
- Strong track record and background in environmental and/or social sustainability of agriculture production and an ability to articulate an understanding of both domestic and international requirements.
- Strong communication and coordination skills.
- Strong experience in working with private sector, especially related to at least one of the agriculture commodities such as tea, pepper, etc.
- Fluent in Vietnamese and English
- Familiarity with the agriculture supply chain and strong analytical skills.
- Some experience in raising funds
- Demonstrated ability in team working.
- Willing to travel within Vietnam.
Terms and conditions
The successful applicant will be offered a consultancy contract for one year with competitive remuneration, but with very high possibility to extend. IDH offers a challenging position with opportunities for growth within an enthusiastic and passionate team and as an IDH team member you can contribute to positive global change.
For more information about IDH, please visit http://www.idhtrade.org. For questions about this position, please contact Le Thi Huong La: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their CV/resume and application letter (in English), explaining your interest and capabilities for the position, to Ms. Iris van Oort, HR Officer, at email@example.com and copy to Vietnam@idhtrade.org before 1st March 2021 mentioning “Application for Senior Tea Program Officer” in the subject line.IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative Arthur van Schendelstraat 500, 3511 MH Utrecht P.O. Box 1241, 3500 BE UTRECHT, The Netherlands www.idhsustainabletrade.com IDH Vietnam Office Room 401, B1 Building, Van Phuc Diplomatic Compound No. 298 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
30/09/2021ASEAN Youth Organization
15/08/2021Tổ chức Đại học Pháp ngữ (AUF)
23/08/2021Save the Children
12/08/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
08/08/2021Save the Children