USAID Trade Facilitation Program
SCOPE OF WORK
Position: Senior Training Specialist
Base of Operation: Hanoi, Vietnam
Period of Performance: (subject to extension based on manager’s recommendation)
The Trade Facilitation Program is a five-year project that aims to support Vietnam to adopt and implement a risk management approach to the clearance of goods at borders as well as will facilitate the implementation of the World Trade Organization’s Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA).
The Program will work with the General Department of Vietnam Customs (GDVC) to strengthen Vietnam’s National Trade Facilitation Committee (NTFC) and Working Groups; streamline border clearance procedures, including specialized inspection; harmonize the implementation of risk-based approaches between the national and provincial levels; train national and provincial customs officers and staff from other line ministries on specialized inspection, risk management; and facilitate dialogue between customs and business in the selected provinces.
The Trade Facilitation Program will provide assistance to the Government of Vietnam at both national and provincial levels. In order to achieve this, the Program plans to have a Senior Training Specialist located and working in Hanoi, with occasional travel to project areas in selected provinces
The Senior Training Specialist will coordinate with government stakeholders, the private sector, and civil society organizations to design and support the implementation of training that are enabled through the USAID Trade Facilitation Program.
The Senior Training Specialist will also support strategic partners in the delivery of capacity building efforts focused on risk management, customs procedures, and specialized inspection area. This will include local customs and line ministry departments involved with clearance of goods, risk management and undertaking specialized inspection.
The Senior Training Specialist’s task and activity will be aimed at coordination at the provincial level in training involvement and engagement with the private and public sectors.
The primary role of the Senior Training Specialist will be to oversee, coordinate and design training programs at selected provinces in Vietnam. The Senior Training Specialist will be based in Hanoi and will be required to cooperate and collaborate with stakeholders to include GDVC, provincial Customs Departments, line ministries and provincial departments associated with training risk management and specialized
inspection. The Senior Training Specialist will need to work closely with private sector stakeholders such as business associations, VCCI, traders etc., and public sector, including GDVC, Vietnam Customs School, local customs departments, six selected provinces, and line ministries.
The Senior Training Specialist will initially assist the Chief of Party (COP) and Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) in implementing other technical aspects of training of the USAID Trade Facilitation Program. This will include contributing to assessing training needs, work planning, progress reporting, assisting with data gathering and analysis as part of the provincial selection process, contributing to the design and preparation of training materials, participating in training activities, contributing to measuring their quality and supporting the assessment of the outcomes of training programs (including the impact of each training course). The Senior Training Specialist will be expected to implement all tasks efficiently, effectively and to the highest professional standards.
Responsibilities and Tasks
The Senior Training Specialist will initially support the following tasks:
- Assist with the gathering and analysis of data to propose training program selected provinces;
- Other contributions to the project as directed by the COP and CDOP.
- Design and develop training programs based on an Annual Work Plan (AWP);
- Select appropriate training methods or activities which are suitable for provincial level and national level (e.g. simulations, mentoring, on-the-job training, professional development classes);
- Inform training programs to the provinces and provide necessary information about time frame, locations, contents, trainers, and number of participants;
- Conduct organization-wide training needs assessment and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed;Use known education principles and stay up-to-date on new training methods and techniques;
- Research and recommend new training methods.
- Design, prepare and order training facilities and materials (e.g. hand-outs, visual aids, etc.);
- Assess instructional effectiveness and determine the impact of training on trainee skills and KPIs;
- Gather feedback from trainers and trainees after each training session;
- Partner with internal stakeholders and liaise with experts regarding instructional design;
- Liaise with the M&E specialist and verify the opportunity to develop specific indicators to measure the impact of trainings
- Maintain an updated curriculum database and training records.
When appropriate the Senior Training Specialist will thereafter assume responsibilityfor the following tasks:
- Assist the facilitation of effective of training of national-provincial trade facilitation policy and procedures for customs and line ministries and/or departments;
- Map out annual training plans for risk management, customs procedures, and specialized inspections;
- Initiate and support technical skills training and learning for customs officers and operational staff from other line ministries and/or departments;
- Incorporate new methods of learning, instructional techniques, and instructional technologies to develop new and exciting and compelling learning solutions.
- Assist GDVC and Vietnam Customs School to develop and maintain effective training with key staff and trainers;
- Proven work experience as a Senior Training Specialist, Trainer, Training Facilitator or similar role;
- Other contributions to the Program as directed by the COP, DCOP.
- Master’s degree in economics, business administration, international trade, trade policy, customs administration, or similar field (Bachelor degree with more than 10 years of experience in education, training, HR, or similar field may be accepted);
- Minimum 7 years of experience working on international donor/development cooperation projects partnering with the Vietnamese government at Central and/or Provincial levels;
- Proven experience of working or collaborating with the private sector;
- Proven knowledge and understanding of requirements under the Customs Law, border procedures, imports-exports specialized inspection matters, and the WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement, is preferred
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions;
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills as well as exercise considerable analysis and judgment to identify solutions;
- Hands-on experience coordinating multiple training events at national and provincial levels in a corporate setting;
- Advanced organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task, keep deadlines and prioritize workload;
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate);
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation;
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and motivational capabilities;
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods and techniques;
- Adequate knowledge of eLearning and learning management systems (LMS) and web delivery tools;
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets and office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Applications;
- Effective customer service and interpersonal skills to interact with diverse groups in a team environment;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated success in maintaining positive working relationships; and
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese.
The Senior Training Specialist will report to the Deputy Chief of Party.
Interested candidates should send applications to email@example.com no later than April 20, 2020
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/12/2020Department of Political Affairs and Peace-building (DPPA)
25/01/2021Human Rights Watch
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
15/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng ( CECR )
Consultancy Services on Sand and Gravel Extraction/Management Policies, Regulations and Practices in other International River BasinsWWF
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year round