BackgroundCatholic Relief Services (CRS) has been operating in Vietnam since 1994. In partnership with government, social organizations and communities, CRS has been implementing programs in 9 provinces/cities in Vietnam. The Vietnam Program has a diverse funding base in the sectors of Emergency, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Climate Change Adaptation; Disabilities; Explosive Ordnance Risk Education (EORE).
The Community-based Disaster Risk Management (CBDRM) Program – Program 553 “Project for community awareness raising and community-based natural disaster risk management, with a vision to 2030” (Decision No. 553/QD-TTg dated 6 April 2021 by Prime Minister) (previously Program 1002) is considered one of the most important long-term programs in Vietnam addressing emerging needs to prepare for natural disasters. The Program indicates that there is a need for increasing school’s disaster preparedness and have effective disaster management system to ensure safety in implementation of DRR/CCA into curriculum and extracurricular interventions.
Job DetailsRS is seeking a service provider/consultant team to facilitate training on CBDRM and DRR integration into educational activities.
Please refer to the attached TOR for detailed requirements.
- Deadline: 20/8/2023
Scope of work
Pre-training activities: Before conducting the training, the trainer will carry out the following key pre-training activities including:
- Collect and review key supporting materials/information relevant to the objectives/topic of the training activity consisting of CBDRM, safe shelter and DRR integration into educational activities. - Develop the appropriate materials for the training and reference document to hand out to participants. - Collect and review key supporting materials (session plan, training PowerPoints) in order to design the program/materials for the training activity (or updating of or adjusting to the requirements/objectives of the training activity; etc...)
Conduct training courses: The logistics of the training will be conducted by the consultants. The training will be conducted in 02 days – expected at the end of August or in September 2023.
Training activities - Cooperate with CRS and its partner to develop 2-day training agenda to meet the above objectives and develop training facilitation guide using CRS provided format for the training based on developed contents and methodology. - Prepare training materials (hand-outs, text, slides, reference document, video/clips...) for distribution during the training. - Facilitate training in order to meet outcomes expectations including the lessons learnt sharing on DRR and CCA integration into educational activities at junior secondary schools. - Develop simple pre-test and post-test (no more than 1 page) - Analyze pretest, post-test and write training report in Vietnamese
Training participants: 35 individuals including: local government authority staff, NDPC staff, educational staff/teachers in charge of natural disaster prevention and controls in schools.
Introduce the content of the Program for community awareness raising and community- based natural disaster risk management; Roles and responsibilities of the Education and Training sector in the organization and implementation of Program 553; - Program 553’s implementation steps; - Ministry of Education and Training implement Program 553 via the DRR integration into school/educational activities; - Sharing on disaster prevention and control activities conducted in schools; - Introduction on disaster risk management, identification, and introduction on shelter risk assessment before disaster.
RequirementsCRS is seeking the consultants to undertake this assignment. It is anticipated that the following skills and experience will be represented in the team:
Expertise of the consultants
- Having at least 10 years of service in natural disaster management or adaptation to climate change
- Having at least 3 consultancy contracts relating to disaster risk management, or climate change in Vietnam;
- Having experience in working directly with government agencies and international organizations is an advantage;
- Demonstrated experience with government agencies in policy making and/or legal institutional reform.
- Demonstrated experience in providing DRM/CCA related training.
- Having at least 3 consulting contracts related to providing training services.
* Team Leader
- Hold a Master degree or equivalence in the fields of water resources, irrigation, disaster risk management, dyke management, natural resources and environmental management, hydro- meteorological, and/or related fields.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing tasks relating to natural disaster prevention and control, community-based disaster risk management.
- Excellent oral communication skills and the ability to deliver high quality written reports in Vietnamese.
- Demonstrable experience in producing high-quality, credible evaluations, documentation.
- Experience in designing and implementing training programs.
* Team member: 02 persons
- Having a Bachelor degree in the fields of irrigation, DRM, dyke management, water resource management, hydrometeorology, agriculture and rural development;
- Having 5 years of experience in natural disaster prevention and control in Viet Nam, including occasions working directly with natural disaster prevention and control agencies in Viet Nam;
- Demonstrated experience in implementing tasks relating to natural disaster prevention and control, community-based disaster risk management; Relevant knowledge of safe shelter is an advantage.
- Having good skills to organize seminars, events and workshops;
- Experience in training document compilation, and organization of a training of trainer course.
- The ability to communicate with diverse groups of people respectfully and effectively.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills, and cultural and gender sensitivity in working with local communities and a range of stakeholders.
Interested parties are requested to submit the proposal in Vietnamese: Technical proposal:
- Expression of Interest (1 page maximum)
- A concise technical proposal
- A tentative work plan
- CVs demonstrating relevant capacity and experience
- Minimum 2 references for similar assignment
- Business license (if any)
- Company profile (if any)
- Propose consultant fee with a detailed breakdown of the daily rate in Vietnam dongs and including PIT/VAT
- Propose travel costs.
How to ApplyProposals should be duly signed, stamped, and emailed to CRS at: firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date for submission: no later than 20th August 2023
Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted for an interview before contracting.Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
05/10/2023US Consulate HCMC
06/10/2023Save the Children
11/10/2023Humanitarian Services for Children of Vietnam (HSCV)
04/10/2023Save the Children