Job Title: Short Term Consultant/ Analyst – IFC MAS
Appointment: Local hire – 150 days per fiscal year
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Closing date: 15 March 2021
Background / General description:
The International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector arm of the World Bank Group, is a global investor and advisor committed to promoting projects in its developing member countries that are economically beneficial, financially and commercially sound, and environmentally and socially sustainable. IFC finances private sector investments, mobilizes capital in the international financial markets, helps clients improve social and environmental sustainability, and provides technical assistance and advice to governments and businesses in the developing world.
The Manufacturing, Agribusiness & Services (MAS) Industry Group plays an important role in supporting IFC’s strategic priorities, covering investments in the global manufacturing and services, agribusiness, health and education sectors. MAS’ sectors play a critical role in providing goods and services to consumers; addressing core needs, creating jobs, contributing to government revenue and stimulating growth. In IFC’s client countries, these sectors can account for as much as 80% of overall economic activity and can account for up to 90% of employment activity, particularly in the poorest countries.
MAS is looking for a Short-Term Consultant (STC) Analyst to be based in HCMC to support the sector teams in the Asia and the Pacific region with a focus on Vietnam, Cambodia & Lao PDR. The STC Analyst work closely with IFC’s Investment Officers, who are responsible for the design, negotiation, structuring, and subsequent supervision of IFC’s investment projects.
Duties and Accountabilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create financial models;
- Conduct industry and market research and assist in IFC’s business development efforts in the MAS sectors;
- Analyze historical and projected financial statements;
- Review company information and prepare reports on periodic financial statements, project progress reports, and other information submitted by clients;
- Prepare documentation for IFC internal processes;
- Establish and maintain quality client relationships to ensure responsive client service and to enhance new business opportunities;
- Participate in investments negotiations;
- Participate in the monitoring of investments in portfolio companies.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree;
- At least 2 years of experience in finance, private equity, banking or consulting;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and sound business judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions;
- Ability to work effectively in multicultural teams and across boundaries;
- Demonstrated teamwork skills;
- Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Ability and willingness to travel;
- Fluent in English and Vietnamese
As a representative of the World Bank Group, all professional activities are expected to be consistent with our Core Values: personal honesty, integrity, commitment, working together in teams -with openness and trust; empowering others and respecting differences; encouraging risk-taking and responsibility; enjoying our work and our families.
The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background. Individuals with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
Applications should be sent in English. All applications must be submitted electronically through World Bank Group eConsultant2 https://wbgeconsult2.worldbank.org/wbgec/index.html
Selection no : 1273194 (Please search the selection under Business Opportunities without logging in)
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Cover letter should clearly describe the relevant results the candidate has delivered in prior positions, rather than simply listing responsibilities. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
27/04/2021British Embassy Hanoi
04/05/2021British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
03/05/2021Viện Lãnh đạo ABG
05/05/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
23/04/2021FIT & IRD
03/05/2021Làng trẻ em SOS Việt Nam
08/05/2021The U.S. Embassy