The Opportunity - Sourcing Coordinator
The post holder is responsible for handling Save the Children’s end to end sourcing operations by managing and coordinate all sourcing strategy, plan and activities, including procurements, supply chain, logistics, development of relevant plans and reports. The post holder will be able to develop and finalise qualified sourcing strategy, plan and implement sourcing activities by analysing the organization’s spending, supplying partnerships and new possibilities to ensure compliance and effective implementation of the SCI policies as well as smooth operation of Save the Children programme in Vietnam.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Be responsible for sourcing management
- Manage the sourcing activities across the Country Office and other Offices in Vietnam and SCI project areas. Review the Procurement Plan and consolidate the needs of all projects and programs to develop the Sourcing Pipeline with a specific implementation roadmap.
- Work with Procurement to together develop the Minimum Preparedness Action (MPA) and Emergency Procurement Plan (EPP)
- Process and participate in proposal and budget submission and verify the Procurement Plan in coordination with Award and Project teams for submission to donors.
- Ensure strict compliance to SC and donors' policies and procedures.
- Be responsible for managing the sourcing module in online procurement system (ProSave System) and supervising sourcing progress
- Coordinate and support the procurement team to implement the sourcing of high-value packages.
- Optimize sourcing procedures to attain maximum efficiency. Analyze and calculate costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease expenditure
- Cooperate with stakeholders to guarantee agreement on terms and processes
- Do often research to understand organisation's operations needs and requirements and research and anticipate shifts in the negotiating power of suppliers
2. Take lead of sourcing activities
- Follow up with sourcing progress and keep track with on-going Framework Agreements for cap limits, duration limit; process termination and extension if applicable.
- Coordinate with procurement team and implement sourcing of goods and services based on the Sourcing Pipeline; ensure bidding procedures are fully compliant with SC (and donors’ if applicable) policies and procedures
- Be the Sourcing lead for sourcing activities across the Country Office and Field Offices and SCI project areas for goods and services, prepare minutes and provide guidance for the Procurement Committee as needed;
- Review the criteria, Invitation to Tender (ITT), list of suppliers for invitation…etc in accordance with subsequent steps and ensure the fairness and transparency of the sourcing process
- Submit the request for establishment of the Procurement Committee with the right person and right capacity for evaluation.
- Ensure the FWAs are ready for use to meet identified project needs in quality and time and to maximize the value for money in contract award decision.
- Prepare benefit report (BAF) for the signed FWAs to submit Asia Regional Office in due time for approval.
- Communicate with ARO and Center for submission of ITT
3. Maintain an updated online sourcing data:
- Process registration of suppliers to online procurement platform (Ariba Network) and online procurement system (ProSave System), maintain the most updated supplier database for all kinds of goods and services as the result of sourcing process.
- Prepare catalogues for approval and uploading to the online procurement system (ProSave System) the signed framework agreements (FWAs)
- Update all the signed framework agreements (FWAs) and contracts together with the related catalogues as the result of sourcing process in the online procurement system (ProSave System).
4. Staff capacity development
- Develop the team’s sourcing capacity to build a high performing team
- Implement coaching, mentoring and creating developmental opportunities for procurement and sourcing staff in Country Office and Field Offices.
- Implement quarterly staff performance review and staff development plan.
- Facilitate the relevant training and give guidance to improve the sourcing activities.
- Recognition and rewards for outstanding performance
- Documentation of performance that is less than satisfactory, with appropriate performance improvements/ work plans
5. Ensure suppliers’ engagement and supplying partnership
- Provide technical expertise for partner’s procurement in coordination with the project staff and/or finance team
- Provide inputs to Partner’s Guideline when it is required to improve the processes and compliance in working with finance team
- Conduct market research to engage suppliers to ad-hoc procurements implemented by partners
- Provide technical support to the bidding process implemented by partners to ensure the compliance and sourcing efficiency.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, MA is preferable
- Good at people’s management
- Good at analysis, planning and management
- Good at team work and communication
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- At least 5 years’ experience in sourcing/procurement, preferably in international organizations, INGOs and/or bilateral organization
- Has value for money mind-set.
- Has growth mind-set. Good time-management skills, excellent interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Critical thinker, good problem solving, solid judgement with ability to make good decisions
- Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management and relevant software
- Understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgement
- Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analysing and interpreting data
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the organization’s success
- Excellent prioritization skill and ability to coordinate a variety of work activities
- Fluent English speaking and writing skills
- Good financial management skill
- Has strong sense for compliance
- Proven commitment to children’s rights and equality of opportunity
- Master’s degree
- Knowledge of Vietnam development issues and NGO networks
Additional job responsibilities
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education, and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize children’s rights and ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document and use format. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at:
Job Description - Hanoi - Sourcing Coordinator - National Only (230001H1) (taleo.net)
- Location: Hanoi
- Closing Date: 14 April 2023
If you have any issues with applying via our system, please send an email explaining your troubles to firstname.lastname@example.orgKênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
Việc làm tại các tổ chức phi chính phủ - NGO Recruitment
- Website: https://ngorecruitment.org/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ngorecruitment_vn
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ngorecruitment
- Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VieclamPhichinhphu
- Youtube: http://bit.ly/Youtube_NGORecruitment
Monitoring Young Professional (USAID Learns)Social Impact/USAID Learns
Social Scientist cum Community Engagement Coordinator (OUCRU)OUCRU
Admin Intern (GIZ)GIZ
National Intern (GIZ)GIZ
Learning, Communications, and Business Development Officer - HIV, TB, and Viral Hepatitis (PATH)PATH
Human Resources and Operations Officer (AOP)Action on Poverty (AOP)
Project Admin and Finance Assistant (IOM)IOM
Project Officer - Public-Private Mix (FIT)FIT
Shipment Clerk (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi
Vietnam Stray Animal Care Programmes Officer (FOUR PAWS)FOUR PAWS
All year round
Nhân viên Kỹ thuật - IT (FOUR PAWS)Four Paws Viet
Trade Manager, Technology, EO (British Embassy)British Embassy
Supervisory Administrative Assistant (OBO) (US Embassy Hanoi)US Embassy Hanoi